1266 users online (217 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    IMO, the injuries to his hand are bite marks. Biting one's knuckles is a common self-injury tactic for individuals with anxiety/depression and it appears as though he has matching healed marks on his middle knuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainash View Post
    IMO, the injuries to his hand are bite marks. Biting one's knuckles is a common self-injury tactic for individuals with anxiety/depression and it appears as though he has matching healed marks on his middle knuckle.
    Wonder if the hotel key could make those marks on Lyle's hands?

Rsbm.
    From SeriouslySearching's post..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post11798137

"Did anyone notice his room key with the black plastic key holder is broken? The key is laying on top of it and not attached. Certainly makes no sense why Lyle would take the key off the ring/holder. Ideas? "

This link might answer your questions (there are some differences noted in post-mortem partial hanging presentation but Warning graphic images are present at the top of this site. I'll break the link so no one accidentally clicks it and gets a shock.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/asphyxia/ hanging
    Thank you. Yes, it did help to answer some of my questions. I had researched other photos which gave me little information so this was helpful. However, this part is really confusing in view of what Lyle's body looked like in the photos and has left me rather befuddled:

If the body has been suspended for sometime, post-mortem hypostasis is seen in the legs, feet, hands, and forearms, while the upper part of the body will be pale. Petechial haemorrhages [sic] may be found in the skin of legs in 2 to 4 hours. If the body in [sic] removed within 4 hours after death and is placed in supine position, post-mortem hypostasis in the limbs will fade and new areas of lividity will appear along the back and buttocks.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.c...phyxia/hanging (Warning: graphic photos and content)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Wouldn't it be possible for the marks to have come from punching someone else in the mouth?

ETA: Trying to bite my knuckles (in an effort to recreated his marks) is very uncomfortable and at such a weird angle. I don't see how it would be "comforting" during anxiety/depression. Maybe 2nd knuckles, but not where his were injured, imo.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Yesterday I randomly started looking at parental/family abductions. For some reason I was hoping(?) that Lyle was possibly taken from a parent at a young age & that's the reason why he hasn't been reported missing as an adult. The kidnapping parent would want to avoid prosecution or that parent had passed

Thoughts on this?

For example this child has an appendectomy scar & Lyle does not look like the twin brother but something along these lines

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rry_angel.html

I'm at work today & not busy at all so will keep on searching. Any particular websites I could look at?

ETA I realise this little guy is not classed as a family abduction but he came up on my searching

Clarksville, Indiana/Louisville, KY Metro area
    I've had nearly identical injuries on my knuckles frequently in the past and they didn't come from biting myself nor from hitting anyone. It's usually whe I have been trying to pry something and my hand slipped off whatever I was using as a lever and I scraped my knuckles. Our current home's "water spigot from h*ll" gets me every summer when my hand slips off he knob trying to get the darned thing on and the brick siding does a number on my knuckles.
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story..."
    - Desiderata, Max Erhmann, 1927

"Lady O'Leary was F R A M E D!!"
    - Kentuckiana, 2015
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~ ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Clarksville, Indiana/Louisville, KY Metro area
    Quote Originally Posted by DanInOz View Post
    Yesterday I randomly started looking at parental/family abductions. For some reason I was hoping(?) that Lyle was possibly taken from a parent at a young age & that's the reason why he hasn't been reported missing as an adult. The kidnapping parent would want to avoid prosecution or that parent had passed

Thoughts on this?

For example this child has an appendectomy scar & Lyle does not look like the twin brother but something along these lines

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rry_angel.html

I'm at work today & not busy at all so will keep on searching. Any particular websites I could look at?

ETA I realise this little guy is not classed as a family abduction but he came up on my searching
    You know, I think that grown twin brother does look a whole lot like Lyle. Stranger things have happened...
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story..."
    - Desiderata, Max Erhmann, 1927

"Lady O'Leary was F R A M E D!!"
    - Kentuckiana, 2015
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~ ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missin...012003499&id=6

Wow look at this guy! I know he is too old to be our Lyle but the resemblance is amazing!! My heart is actually thumping at this!!
    Good teeth check
    wearing boots check

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missin...012003499&id=6

Wow look at this guy! I know he is too old to be our Lyle but the resemblance is amazing!! My heart is actually thumping at this!!
    Good teeth check
    wearing boots check
    I don't see the resemblance(and the eyes are the wrong color), and he's a lot shorter than Lyle...but it's good that people are looking for comparisons, and I see a lot of possibilities in your idea that Lyle could have been kidnapped by a non-custodial parent as a child.

Maybe he grew up and found out about it, and it upset him so much that suicide was the result.
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldine View Post
    I don't see the resemblance(and the eyes are the wrong color), and he's a lot shorter than Lyle...but it's good that people are looking for comparisons, and I see a lot of possibilities in your idea that Lyle could have been kidnapped by a non-custodial parent as a child.

Maybe he grew up and found out about it, and it upset him so much that suicide was the result.

I agree with you on the reason of his suicide

I believe males stop growing at the age of 21? So he could have grown a lot taller

Other similarities I see

he's wearing a plaid shirt
    he favours boots
    looks as if his earlobes are attached
    he has a slim build
    he could work with our slight Canadian accent
    the good teeth is imperative
    hazel eyes could be interpreted as brown
    His background is Croatian (stevic could be a Croatian name)

The only thing that I'm hesitating on in his age. This guy was 35 at the time Lyle was found

I believe males stop growing at the age of 21? So he could have grown a lot taller

Other similarities I see

he favours boots
    he has a slim build

The only thing that I'm hesitating on in his age. This guy was 35 at the time Lyle was found
    He was one of the possibilities suggested earlier for the same reasons!
    Not likely, but certainly possible, imo.
    Wondered also about the possibility he was a long lost child, cannot recall if this missing young fellow, Paul Saunders, has already been mentioned or not. Either way, exposure for lots of missing people!

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1181154/1

This man, TROY ALFRED EDGELL, was mentioned in the past..
    http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250382787.6.pdf
    Last edited by dotr; 05-26-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Other similarities I see

he favours boots
    he has a slim build

Males do stop growing much later than females; that is true.

His eyes do look very thoroughly brown to me, though. Lyle's eyes are quite light, even in the darker lighting of the postmortems that are usually circulated. They're practically green.

There are also some facial differences, most especially that the very deep cleft Lyle has in his chin doesn't seem to be there.

They probably shopped at the same stores, though! And I do believe his earlobes are attached.

I wouldn't hesitate over age. If you are seeing people who strike you as resembling this UID, I say post them...even if it's a 45 year old, or a 15 year old. The only thing we really know for sure is that we don't know who he is yet, so anything helps.
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    He was one of the possibilities suggested earlier for the same reasons!
    Not likely, but certainly possible, imo.
    Wondered also about the possibility he was a long lost child, cannot recall if this missing young fellow, Paul Saunders, has already been mentioned or not. Either way, exposure for lots of missing people!

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1181154/1

This man was mentioned in the past..
    http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250382787.6.pdf
    This is another one of those cases(the first one; the second refuses to load on my computer for some reason) in which the age progression they've made seems to me to turn him into a totally different person.

I think his earlobes are detached, and he definitely wouldn't have had any time to grow several inches after going missing, but he does have the brownish-black hair and hazel eyes.

Thanks Emeraldine I totally agree about the cleft.

The other things that strikes me is the slight sneer in both photos. Looks as if the left side of the mouth (looking at the photos) both curl up
    Also both left nostrils seem identical. They both go inwards. Sorry best way I'm able to describe it

Thanks Emeraldine I totally agree about the cleft.

The other things that strikes me is the slight sneer in both photos. Looks as if the left side of the mouth (looking at the photos) both curl up
    Also both left nostrils seem identical. They both go inwards. Sorry best way I'm able to describe it
    This is not a funny topic by any means, but I laughed at that - it's true!

I looked at many possibilities(including someone with identical eyes who disappeared in the right timeframe, but had many tattoos), and am starting to worry that he's going to be someone who was never reported missing.

Of course, a lot of cases like that are being solved lately...

Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast