WI - Jane Neumann, 30, killed by shotgun blast, Hudson, 22 Nov 1993

Sherry67

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a case from the early 1990's that occurred in Hudson, Wi. It was about a woman named Jane Neumann who was found dead of a shotgun blast in her home. Her husband James was tried and found not guilty in the criminal case but found guilty in a civil suit. His story was that he came home and found his wife already dead with a suicide note. He said he didn't want anyone to know she committed suicide, so he destroyed the note, got rid of the gun (which the authorities NEVER did find - even though he told them where he threw it ) and made the scene look like a break-in robbery that his wife walked in on. I was wondering if anyone has any info as to where this case went from there? I felt so bad for the woman's family - they are certain that he killed her and they were trying to get custody of their grandson. This case was featured on 48 hours show.

thanks, Sherry67

thanks Lisa,

I really feel this man got away with murder. The circumstances were very suspicious. I mean why would you destroy evidence - and potentially put yourself in a position of being suspected if you were innocent. I would be pretty nervous if I were his current wife.

Sherry67

I agree.. It's sick that he was never charged with it. I would be very angry if I were her family.
The only comfort is knowing that he will meet his maker someday ~ and then he will recieve his punishment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back