DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

hLCgiHQ.png

LINK

Anyone have any ideas why the driver told LE that the car in the garage was locked and he needed a key to open it, and then later said it was actually unlocked. That seems like an easy detail to remember.

Bringing over Just K's post from closed thread:
"About all these cars that we know of:
Mosler is it really $700,000?
Bentley
Porche
Range Rover
Audi
If I had all of those cars, I would have had a gated home or at least a gated driveway....
" bbm

That ^ makes sense and is a good idea.
I wonder if -
- deed, Covenants Conditns & Restrictns, or HOA prohibit gated perimeters or driveways?
- if one or more of ^ cars was normally kept in a public storage unit? Just guessing it would be temp & humidity-controlled.

Price of Mosler? IDK, googled, found many wiki & car-mag articles on various models.
W/S member Sophie Rose posted the model, maybe has more info re market value.

Just looked up Moslers and found one listed from 2012 for $700k so it's likely it is worth that much.

Bringing over Just K's post from closed thread:
"About all these cars that we know of:
Mosler is it really $700,000?
Bentley
Porche
Range Rover
Audi
If I had all of those cars, I would have had a gated home or at least a gated driveway....
" bbm

That ^ would make sense and be a good idea.
I wonder if -
- deed, Covenants Conditns & Restrictns, or HOA prohibit gated perimeters or drives?*
- if one or more of ^ cars was normally kept in a public storage unit? Just guessing it would be temp & humidity-controlled.

Price of Mosler? IDK, googled, found many wiki & car-mag articles on various models.
W/S member Sophie Rose posted the model, maybe has more info re market value.

It was reported several days ago on CNN. They showed the two cars in the driveway and the garage doors were open and a vehicle could be seen in the garage but was difficult to see because of the other cars. I couldn't even tell the color. All they reported was that it was a Mosler, a very rare and expensive sports car.

Is this the truck DDW & chums had when LE stopped them, not a 'regular' rental truck?

"AFS has specially designed its Mobile Service Centers (MSCs) from the ground up to act as the pioneer and set new standards in Mobile Ve*hicle and Equipment Maintenance.

A virtual rolling garage, each of our MSCs is customized to service your fleet’s assets in remote locations." http://ameritfleetsolutions.com/mobile-service-center bbm

Did DDW or buddy rent it? Steal it? Was buddy an Amerit Fleet Solutions employee, had access?
Back to the question about -- what the heck they planned to use it for.
Sell tools & equipment from truck? Sell to chop-shop? Move furniture for chums? What? TIA.

Or did I misread writing on truck in arrest pix?

I think they planned to use it for another home invasion, but this time they were going to make way with much more stolen property.

It was reported several days ago on CNN. They showed the two cars in the driveway and the garage doors were open and a vehicle could be seen in the garage but was difficult to see because of the other cars. I couldn't even tell the color. All they reported was that it was a Mosler, a very rare and expensive sports car.

It looks to me like some Mosler models are in the $150,000 ballpark, but there are models near that $700,000 mark. Hard to know for sure without the model, or knowing if he bought it new, used, etc. Rare and expensive seems to be a great description even without knowing any of the particulars. I'm a DC area local, and seeing lots of expensive cars in certain areas is the norm, but I have never seen one of those.

Anyone have any ideas why the driver told LE that the car in the garage was locked and he needed a key to open it, and then later said it was actually unlocked. That seems like an easy detail to remember.

I'm thinking out loud... Looks like there were three main lies:

1) W-1 originally said he/she received a CALL from Mr. S on Thursday, May 14, to pick up the money. The changed statement said that W-1 actually got a TEXT on Wednesday, May 13.

2) W-1 originally said he/she received the money from the other employee in a manilla envelope. The changed statement said that W-1 actually got the money in four bundles from the other employee's pockets (I'm assuming this was after the bank withdrawal). The money was then placed in a red bag belonging to W-1. The money was transferred to the manilla envelope (apparently also belonging to W-1) which was in W-1's car.

3) W-1 originally said the car was locked and he/she had to retrieve a key to unlock it. The changed statement said the car was unlocked when the money was placed.

Another interesting piece of info: This other person listed in the charging documents, W-2, got a text from W-1 at approximately 9:00 AM (May 14) showing photos and dialogue of the red bag with cash in it.

The bank the money was withdrawn from opens at 9:00 AM if my googling is correct. If the money was withdrawn from the bank via the bank manager, would they be able to get the money that quick and why would W-1 be chomping at the bit to send confirmation texts and photos to W-2?

I think potential reasons to lie about the above could be: W-1 didn't want the cops to know he/she had a red bag and manilla envelope ready to place cash in. W-1 didn't want the police to know he/she knew a day in advance there would be a large money pick up and drop off. W-1 didn't want the cops to know the car was conveniently unlocked and/or W-1 needed a reason for his/her fingerprints to be in an area of the house or garage where the lied-about-key was retrieved.

Apologies if all of this has been stated in previous threads.

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

I am copying and pasting this post so that I can reply.

birpu

birpu is offline Registered User

I have two questions. One is, why wouldn't "employee" take the money over there him/herself? Why use the driver at all? Or maybe just use the driver to drive "employee" over?
The other is, what would cause W-1 and W-2 to be in any danger? The only thing I can think of is maybe they took some of the money. What else would possibly put them in danger? That was the only connection they had to what was happening.
NG at first did one interview on camera. After that she did not want her face shown. Did she feel in danger? Is she W-2?
Ok a third question. Was the money put in the red car because someone planned to drive away in that car?

This is only my opinion of course.

1.I feel Savvas is the one who instructed the other employee to have the money delivered by his assistant which usually is the one who takes care of his personal requests.

2.Often when LE feels there may be others involved in the murders (not yet caught) they want to protect the name of the witnesses involved in the case. By using initials it also makes it harder for the media to find out who the witnesses are.

W-2 could be the employee with AIW who was the one who went to the bank to receive the cash.

3. I believe he was instructed to put the money inside of the red car because the car couldn't be seen and whoever retrieved it wouldn't be seen either.

JMO

I really cant come up with any reasonable explanation why the driver lied about what transpired. The truth is easy to remember. His incorrect information and possibly intentionally lying is very troubling to me and highly suspicious.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn he was also involved. He may not have been in the home at the time when Wint was but he could have been the one that thought up the cash exchange.

He leaves me feeling very uneasy and LE doesn't take lightly witnesses who bald face lie to them about such a serious matter.

All I can think of is he had a reason for lying. What that reason is of course I have no clue.

IMO

Has W2 statement been released or just what W1 has stated? TIA

I really cant come up with any reasonable explanation why the driver lied about what transpired. The truth is easy to remember. His incorrect information and possibly intentionally lying is very troubling to me and highly suspicious.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn he was also involved. He may not have been in the home at the time when Wint was but he could have been the one that thought up the cash exchange.

He leaves me feeling very uneasy and LE doesn't take lightly witnesses who bald face lie to them about such a serious matter.

All I can think of is he had a reason for lying. What that reason is of course I have no clue.

IMO

In the last thread, a poster wrote about a BIL who tends to blur lines (no pun intended) in terms of requiring employees to perform duties that don't fall under their job descriptions. It seems SS might have done the same.

I don't actually think the employee is directly involved - what I do think: this blurring of lines contributed to the employee carrying the practice forward by posting information to social media that might have compromised the victims' safety. Certainly, we've seen evidence of the surviving housekeeper's own practice of blurring lines by inappropriately sharing info via interviews.

My sense is that boundaries weren't always clearly and appropriately delineated, leading to confusion, and, perhaps resentment. Again, I don't think that any of these employees purposefully contributed to these awful murders. I do think there's a possibility that, indirectly, some problems occurred that undermined the family's safety.

In the last thread, a poster wrote about a BIL who tends to blur lines (no pun intended) in terms of requiring employees to perform duties that don't fall under their job descriptions. It seems SS might have done the same.

I don't actually think the employee is directly involved - what I do think: this blurring of lines contributed to the employee carrying the practice forward by posting information to social media that might have compromised the victims' safety. Certainly, we've seen evidence of the surviving housekeeper's own practice of blurring lines by inappropriately sharing info via interviews.

My sense is that boundaries weren't always clearly and appropriately delineated, leading to confusion, and, perhaps resentment. Again, I don't think that any of these employees purposefully contributed to these awful murders. I do think there's a possibility that, indirectly, some problems occurred that undermined the family's safety.

Blur the lines? I am sorry but you have lost me. I have heard of nothing to suggest that Savvas was anything other than a reputable honest and decent man. Are you saying Savvas was having him doing improper things? If so, such as what? He had only been his assistant since March. As long as he was on duty and being paid.... bringing the money to the home wouldn't be improper but would actually be expected of him if Savvas requested him to do so.

Well there has to be some reason why he lied to LE and they do believe he lied and did not mistakenly get things mxed up. IMO He changed his story when they showed him a text that contradicted what he was telling them and then he changed his story about many things.

But as far as Savvas ever doing anything improper there isn't one thing to support that notion that I have seen.

IMO

Ok resentment towards employers is one thing but to make that leap to being held hostage while your son is tortured then killed and burned? That's insane and I don't think blurred lines creates resentment. Like I mentioned before (maybe I wasn't clear) but my brother in law and sister in law have household employees who "blur" the lines. They are also very close to them and they are like family. This makes the relationship even better. They even watch our kids when we go visit and go out to dinner, etc.

But then again- any person in your house that you hire arguably could be a total psychopath- your own family could be psychopathic. Remember the kids killed by their nanny in NYC a few years ago? Yeah. That permanently scarred me.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I think they planned to use it for another home invasion, but this time they were going to make way with much more stolen property.

Would it work for auto transport? Maybe they wanted to hide a stolen car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth