Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by starpatch
    startribune.com

A DNA link is made in Sjodin case
    Chuck Haga and Matt McKinney
    Star Tribune
    Published 12/09/2003

GRAND FORKS, N.D. --
    They and a third source close to the investigation confirmed Monday that investigators had found a knife in Rodriguez's car in a search conducted on Nov. 28, the day after Thanksgiving.

The knife, along with blood samples and a knife sheath that was discovered near Sjodin's car, are the main pieces of evidence tying Rodriguez to the crime, the sources said.

Mike Zerby
    Star Tribune

The knife found in Rodriguez's car belongs to a sheath that comes in a set, one of the sources said. The sheath was located early in the investigation near Sjodin's car, which was parked near the entrance to the J.C. Penney store in the Columbia Mall.

The sheath could only belong to a particular knife sold exclusively in a home improvement store in Grand Forks as a set, one of the sources said. "So the person who dropped this sheath had the knife."

The source described the knife as a folding buck knife -- an oversized jackknife -- with a blade 4 to 5 inches long.

Starpatch....and all. THis case is honestly making me feel sick at my stomach.

I know what the knife and sheath look like because at one time my late husband and I owned the first Cutlery Store in San Diego and we sold that knife. I don't know the EXACT model as Buck makes a great number of folding knives. We also owned stock in the Buck knife company which for years was in El Cajon, CA....about 15 miles East of San Diego. They recently moved to another Vacaville, CA . They were and still are a famous knife making company and it's been said that every American GI in WWW II owned a Buck knife.

I personally thought they were scary knives....made for hunting but very popular with the Motorcycle gangs. They'd adjust the knife so that they could FLIP it open by a twist of the wrist. I know, I'd see them trying to do that when they were looking to buy one! In other words just push on the release and then flick the wrist and it would open immediately.

How do you explain how someone become's so evil......we'd tried to figure Scott Peterson out and I still can't read him. It look's like LE has got the right guy and at this point I hope his attorney tries a plea bargain if he'll tell them where she is. (although LE say's they' won't accept that) Life without possibility of parole would be perfect. He'd be taken care of by Prisoner's rules....what he deserves. If they don't find this lovely Dru alive I think her parent's deserve to know where she is. I can't even imagine what they are going through. Absolutely sick! It's now over two weeks she been missing.

I'm going to spend some time on her website today and will post anything that seems new or interesting.

xxxxxxooooo
    mama

The last report I saw said that they found a little blood but that the car appeared to have been extensively cleaned (interior and trunk). I'll see if I can find that link.

Either way I'm still holding out hope for Dru...until I'm given reason to think differently. She still needs our prayers.

Kira

My husband hunts, we have this knife. It is really dangerous, I used it once a few years back to cut a tag off something real quick - I almost cut my index finger off, real quick.

Smoke this creep!!!

Bubble,

Here is the info you requested:

The AP source would not comment on the Herald's report that the interior of Rodriguez's car and its trunk had been extensively cleaned.

This info came from this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/09/mi....ap/index.html

Whether it's true remains to be seen yet.

The part about the small amount of blood came from a reference in a article a few posts up.

It said:
    "He said that a small amount of blood was visible in the car."

Prayers for Dru~

Mindys,

Would this lead you to think that he could have cut her "accidentally" and not fatally injured her with this knife then?

Originally posted by Love_Mama
    It look's like LE has got the right guy and at this point I hope his attorney tries a plea bargain if he'll tell them where she is. (although LE say's they' won't accept that) Life without possibility of parole would be perfect. He'd be taken care of by Prisoner's rules....what he deserves. If they don't find this lovely Dru alive I think her parent's deserve to know where she is. I can't even imagine what they are going through. Absolutely sick! It's now over two weeks she been missing.

xxxxxxooooo
    mama
    I wish his attorney would get him to tell where she is too. The fact that he's trying to say he's innocent makes me want to puke. With the little evidence we know about we know he's the right guy. So how does he think he's going to get away with this with all the evidence LE has?? He is SICK. I think you are right Mama he needs good old prison justice every single second of all the rest of his miserable days.

Her parents deserve to know where she is. D**d or alive. That is their baby girl. My heart just breaks for them. They need to know where she is! Someone make him tell! :fuming:

Sorry guys...this just really gets me emotional...

Prayers for Dru~
    Kira

I don't know, but I think he is aware of where to stab someone without that original stab atleast being a mortal wound.

Unfortunately that's what I thought you'd say Mindys.

My head knows the realities.
    My heart wants to hold onto hope.

Thanks.
    Kira

Edited:
    Mindys did you change your post? lol I replied and came back to your post being different.

Hey guys.......go to the www.finddru.com website and check out the Tips and Clues section. Gwen is posting there. She's the gal who think's that Dru might be at some place having to do with “chariot's”.

She also think's that Alphonso is not the right person! Very interesting. Anyhow.....check it out.
    Some interesting thought's there.

xxxxxxxxo
    mama

Yes Kira, because I am holding out hope too, its important, and the original way I typed it didn't make much sense - to me even.

Mindys,
    I understood you.

Here's to hope and prayers for Dru's safe return.
    Kira

---------------------------------------------------

Mama,
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I'll go over and see what's going on there.
    Kira

Did you all catch the part about her shoe??

I had heard about the shoe but it was still a rumor then.

Prayers for Dru~

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7447889.htm

A knife in a pool of liquid household cleaner was found in the spare tire well of Alfonso Rodriguez Jr.'s maroon 2002 Mercury Sable sedan, according to a source close to the investigation.
    Investigators could tell that the interior of the car and the trunk obviously had been recently and extensively cleaned, the source told the Herald.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast