1218 users online (206 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anne Meara Has Passed Away

Actress and comedienne Anne Meara has died at the age of 85.

Her husband, Jerry Stiller, 87, and son, Ben Stiller, 49, have said she passed away on Saturday, according to The Associated Press.

The Stiller family released a statement on Sunday describing Jerry as Meara's 'husband and partner in life.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3b5qSOgJ0

rest in peace funny lady. Sometimes she didn't even have to speak. She could just "pull" a face, an expression and crack me up.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

simply put..........one of the very greats

thank you for the laughs and the smiles
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

Great actress!!
    RIP Anne!!

Rest in peace, Ms. Meara.

Anne Meara and Bea Arthur*, (*pictured in link, not in this one) went way back. Both great in every way.

May Ms. Meara rest in peace and long be remembered.

Last edited by FindHG; 05-24-2015 at 07:33 PM.

RIP Anne

Funny, funny, lady.

Loved her later-in-life role as Steve Brady's drunken Irish Catholic mum on SATC.

She was gold. She will be missed.

Condolences to Jerry and Ben Stiller.

Anne Meara helped establish for at least one young viewer that smart funny ladies are VERY sexy too.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Anne Meara helped establish for at least one young viewer that smart funny ladies are VERY sexy too.
    Her son, Ben and I are about the same age. However I remember Stiller and Meara way before I ever heard of Ben. My parents loved the comedy duo and I grew up watching them on shows like Ed Sullivan (yes, I am a geezer!)

Anne Meara was dry and funny and simply wonderful.

I'm a geezer too then- because I think Stiller and Meara before I even consider their son. They were so like my Aunt Jean and Uncle Sid in every way.....it was just amazing. RIP dear lady.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Every time I look at the google news search, she is identified in headlines as "Ben Stiller's mother."

This makes me furious.

As much as I want to expound eloquently on this point, I am reduced to frothing at the mouth with rage every time I try.

So I will just say this.

RIP Anne, you made me laugh a lot of times. And you deserve to be known as more than simply "Ben Stiller's mom," as proud as I know you were of him and his achievements.
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

Keep remembering Anne Meara and Bea Arthur, who we'd seen at an event once. One of my favorite movies is Zoolander with her son, Ben. Yes, I know... but I can't help but think that she was like my sister, in a woman way.

~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I'm among the "older" folks who recall the brilliant comedy of Stiller & Meara. That said, two of my favorite performances of Anne Meara are in serious roles on two separate episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. "Dreams Deferred" and "Scavenger" show up periodically during SVU marathons on USA Network. RIP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast