CO - Zuri-Kye McGhee, child sex assault suspect arrested, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Aurora police have arrested a man suspected of sexually assaulting at least 18 children.

Police said Zuri-Kye Latifbay McGhee, 31, met some of his victims by volunteering at local churches and schools. He also reportedly hosted sleepover parties. McGhee passed himself off as being between 13 and 15 years old, said police.

His victims were both male and female, between the ages of 9 and 13, according to a statement released by Aurora police Sgt. Rudy Herrera.
http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_2964662

Mystery,
Your link is not working for me.

Photo at link:

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4022966,00.html

Sex-crimes suspect, 31, looked like teen
By Mike Lawrence, Rocky Mountain News
August 23, 2005

An Aurora man who allegedly posed as a teenager in order to befriend his victims was arrested last month on numerous charges of sexual assault against children.

Zuri-Kye Latifbay McGhee, 31, allegedly deceived at least 18 juveniles between the ages of 9 and 13, male and female, over the past several years in the Aurora area, police said. He may have sexually assaulted some of the juveniles "50 to 100 times per person" after gaining their trust, Aurora police spokesman Rudy Herrera said Monday.

More info at link than you'd ever want to know.

Golfmom, thanks so much for finding that article! I cannot believe how much difference in the two pictures of the suspect! And check out this quote from the police spokesman:
"People will be quick to judge the parents who allowed this," Herrera said. "But even the police officers who first contacted (McGhee) believed him to be much younger than he really is. We would hate to see those parents get judged for trying to help someone out who appeared to be down on his luck."

Sewingdeb,
Denver Post moved the article- I have found the original and corrected my original link. But Golfmom's article is the most informative one.

Aurora police received dozens of new tips Tuesday identifying additional alleged victims of a man who police say posed as a teenager and sometimes as pop star Michael Jackson to have sex with children.

Police have logged more than 30 calls since releasing the name of Zuri-Kye Latifbay McGhee, 31.

Calls have run the gamut, from information identifying new victims to one from a person who has since moved to Florida and had more details about McGhee for investigators, Herrera said.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4025734,00.html

Got a good one for you guys! Finally!

Zurikye Latifbay McGhee

Sentence Date: 10/30/2006

Parole Eligibility Date: 04/06/2492

No, it's not a mistake. Tee hee! I haven't pulled his court record yet, so only have the sentences, but here goes:

Sentence: 3 years-Life: 1
Sentence: 4 years-Life: 18
Sentence: 5 years-Life: 5
Sentence: 6 years-Life: 1
Sentence: 8 years-Life: 5
Sentence: 10 years-Life: 12
Sentence: 15 years-Life: 14

All Consecutive!

His first parole hearing is: 01/01/2492

Got a good one for you guys! Finally!

Zurikye Latifbay McGhee

Sentence Date: 10/30/2006

Parole Eligibility Date: 04/06/2492

No, it's not a mistake. Tee hee! I haven't pulled his court record yet, so only have the sentences, but here goes:

Sentence: 3 years-Life: 1
Sentence: 4 years-Life: 18
Sentence: 5 years-Life: 5
Sentence: 6 years-Life: 1
Sentence: 8 years-Life: 5
Sentence: 10 years-Life: 12
Sentence: 15 years-Life: 14

All Consecutive!

His first parole hearing is: 01/01/2492

Now we're talking.

Thanks for some at least positive news, B!

480 years is nothing..

thats only half of yoda's age :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305