1029 users online (197 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MI - Grace Martinez, 20, Detroit, 26 May 2015

Grace's Facebook Page
    Woman reported missing after attending party in Detroit
    A missing persons report has been filed after a 20-year-old Mid-Michigan woman failed to come home after a party in Detroit.

Grace Martinez is from Unionville, that's in Tuscola County.

Friends and family said she has been missing since 3 a.m. on May 26 after going to the “Official Movement 2015 Closing Party” at the Detroit Masonic Temple.
    Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/29168071/w...#ixzz3bMPZMv8l
    Last edited by los2188; 05-27-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

According to police, Grace Martinez was last seen at the Detroit Masonic Temple Theater on Tuesday, May 26 around 3 a.m. Police say Grace and her friend were separated and agreed to meet at the car after a concert, but they never made it to the location.
    Friends separating on a late night out and about....when will people ever learn...we see this all too often.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...grace-martinez
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Sounds a bit scary
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Friends separating on a late night out and about....when will people ever learn...we see this all too often.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...grace-martinez
    Your so right !
    We see it all the time.

I mean it's like an epidemic. I get what it's like to be out with good buddies and having a good buzz going and all, but we had at least one person in our group who was a DD and watched out for us. But with what's been going on these days....I just don't know.....

20-Year-Old Woman Has Been Missing Since Movement In Detroit

Movement attracted thousands of revelers and police say she was last seen talking to a man, estimated to be about 40 years old. He was white, with brown hair and brown eyes, clean shaven and wearing a blue dress shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I mean it's like an epidemic. I get what it's like to be out with good buddies and having a good buzz going and all, but we had at least one person in our group who was a DD and watched out for us. But with what's been going on these days....I just don't know.....
    Thank you los2188

I FB messaged Grace's mom with WS link.

Sadly there seems even less info to go on than what we had with Chelsea Bruck. Prayers for a safe return.

Feels too much like a rerun, after faithfully following the Chelsea Bruck case all these months. I hope and pray Grace is found quickly.. and safe.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dmc43613 View Post
    Thank you los2188

Sadly there seems even less info to go on than what we had with Chelsea Bruck. Prayers for a safe return.

Thank you, dmc, for everything. The area seems like it would be rich with surveillance cameras and there is a Temple Bar next door that may be a good place to check. Hope we get good willed locals who attended and insiders to help. It seems to make a huge difference. Moved the info from Chelsea's thread to here:

Cops: Woman, 20, vanishes from Movement after-party
    By Robert Allen, Detroit Free Press, 3:25 pm edt May 27, '15

"Grace Martinez was separated from her friend and last seen at about 3 a.m. Tuesday, talking with a man who appeared to be about 40, with brown hair and eyes, clean shaven and wearing a blue dress shirt, according to Detroit Police Department."

[... her friend]

"saw the man in the blue shirt."

"I didn't talk to him," she said. "He seemed kind of odd. He just kind of stood off to the side when I was talking to her."

[... the "wild" event was held]

"at the Masonic Temple was the official after-party for Movement, an electronic music festival that drew roughly 100,000 people to Hart" Plaza over the weekend.

bbm

It's mentioned that the party started at 11 pm.

The Masonic Temple Theater here:
    being helpful here:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=116413794790

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3410.../data=!3m1!1e3

Masonic Temple Theater Front Long view - Edited.jpg

MTT back.jpg

MTT Side view - Edited.jpg

Back MTT edit.jpg
    Last edited by FindHG; 05-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Here is a link to a Google map for the case:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...o.kiLScWElWp4Q.

So far I only have one marker for the case, but will add more as more information emerges. If you have suggestions for additions to the map, please let me know, or simply add markers to the map. The map is set to be "shared and edited" with anyone with the map link above. If you do add a marker, please provide a link to the information's source. Any additions to the map must be "terms of service compliant".

I've also added a marker for the Grace on the Chelsea Bruck case map, in case the two are related. Here's the link to the Chelsea map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kaQX8kDx9-8w

Thank you los2188

That was smart and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Feels too much like a rerun, after faithfully following the Chelsea Bruck case all these months. I hope and pray Grace is found quickly.. and safe.
    Do you remember about an organization in Detroit that helps victims' families liaise with LE. IIRC, it had come up on the Chelsea's thread and was related to a case of a crime, some young people shot in a car?

Hopefully a FB page is set up soon and coordinated searches are being done in the area from where she was last seen to where she was supposed to meet at friends car, to start with.

I can't imagine what the family is going through.

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    Do you remember about an organization in Detroit that helps victims' families liaise with LE. IIRC, it had come up on the Chelsea's thread and was related to a case of a crime, some young people shot in a car?
    I do remember something like that coming up, let me go back and see if I can find it.

I do remember something like that coming up, let me go back and see if I can find it.
    Thank you, dmc, great work. IIRC, it was a high profile case around end of November maybe?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast