KY KY - Michael Gorley, 38, Boyle County, 17 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Michael Gorley - Justice for Michael Gorley Facebook Page
5566126abcd90.image.jpg
boyle.jpg
Family offers reward for missing Boyle man
For the family of Michael Gorley, the past 10 days have been heart-wrenching ones.

“My gut tells me something is wrong,” said his sister, Jennifer Coffey.

Gorley, 38, of Boyle County was last seen about 9 p.m. May 17 at a house at 5050 Knob Lick Road/Ky. 300 east of Junction City.

“The people that were there tell us that he left there walking. His shoes and his hat were still on the porch,” said Coffey.
http://m.centralkynews.com/amnews/n...70b-ac59-5e6a-9221-39219c0a5d4a.html?mode=jqm

Family Of Missing Man Organizing Fundraiser To Increase Reward
Posted: Jun 07, 2015 3:47 PM CDT

snip
Sunday marks exactly 3 weeks since a Lincoln County man went missing. Friends and family are organizing a rally to increase the reward for information on what happened to him.

Michael Gorley's family is offering a $1,000 reward for information on what happened to him, and with the help of a bike rally fundraiser this coming Saturday, they're hoping the reward for answers will be much larger.

Bump. His mother contacted me today via face book.

From October:

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews...cle_4630085b-a3b4-5833-af15-b9ab98ad9798.html

Gorley, 38, disappeared after walking away from a home outside Junction City in May. Price, 32, was last seen in June in Junction City. Copley, 24, is from Dunnville in southern Casey County and was last seen on Sept. 30 at the Dairy Dip near Hustonville...

“They all are kind of from the same area and have gone missing in such a short time frame; it’s getting kind of weird,” said Jennifer Coffey, Gorley’s sister and one of the organizers of the vigil. “We just wanted to do something to keep them in the public’s mind and hope that it might turn up some new information. Otherwise, these kind of cases just seem to fade away.

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29487

Ceremony To Be Held For Several Missing Kentuckians
10072988_G.jpg

Tomorrow evening the family and friends of at least eight different missing people will gather at Salem Elementary School in Russell Springs for a remembrance ceremony.

Sarah Copley says the families of missing Boyle County man Michael Gorley and missing Nelson County mother Crystal Rogers will be there too.

The families hope that by coming together they will become stronger and help each other find their loved ones, or closure.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31440266/ceremony-to-be-held-for-several-missing-kentuckians

JUNCTION CITY, Ky. (WKYT) - He was last seen nearly one year ago. On Sunday, family of a Boyle County man got together to remember him. 38-year-old, Michael Gorley, disappeared on May 17th, 2015, after leaving a home near Junction City.

For Sandra Hasty, this weekend holds a painful memory. "Today is the day that I last saw my child."

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Vi...-one-year-since-disappearance--379599701.html

[video=youtube;_onK42yWAts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onK42yWAts[/video]

More of pics on his NamUs profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29487

I find it interesting he was wearing swimming trunks when he went missing. Had he been swimming at the friend's house? What was the weather like the days before that? could he have tried to go for a swim in a flooded river and been swept away?

Boyle Co. mother determined to find answers, three years after son's disappearance

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Bo...ree-years-after-son-disappears-482994231.html

Michael Gorley was last seen at a friend's home in Stanford on May 17, 2015. His body has never been found.

"I've got a lot of anger built up in me," said Sandra Hasty, Gorley's mother. "That's what keeps me fueled up."

By now his family is convinced that Gorley is not only dead, but was murdered. They did not name names, but they said they even know who did it.

There were several people who went missing around the same period of time as this fella did. I think some may have known each other.

Linda Price, of Junction City, Crystal Rogers, of Bardstown, and and Whitney Copley, of Russell Springs all disappeared within months.

Families Of Missing People United In Hope

Among the crowd was a Junction City mother who knows the pain of searching for a missing child all too well. Mary Sargent's daughter Linda Price disappeared a month after Michael did.

Family searches for remains of missing Boyle County man

'He was murdered' | Lincoln Co. mother hosts vigil for others missing relatives
A Kentucky mother whose son has been missing for three years is hosting an event for other families who are also looking for answers.

Michael Gorley was last seen off Knob Lick Road in Lincoln County. Sandra Hasty doesn't know where he is but she's certain of what happened that day in May 2015.

"He was murdered," Gorley's mother said.

After years of false leads, Hasty turned to others for support and guidance. In their stories, she says she found out there are many people just like her.

Lincoln County family remembers missing loved one

Saturday, A family in Lincoln County gathered to celebrate the birthday of one of their family members.

Michael Gorley went missing three years ago, he was last seen May 17th, 2015. He was last seen off Knob Lick Road in Lincoln County.

Sandra Hasty has celebrated her son's birthday every year since then.

"Never lose hope. You never lose hope," said Hasty. Hasty says today is Gorley's 42nd birthday, but he will forever be 38- the age he was when he went missing.

"Hoping that wherever he is, he knows we're celebrating with him and that he's here in spirit," said Jennifer Coffey, Gorley's sister.

[...]

Gorley’s mother, Sandra Hasty, is focused on finding out what happened to her son, but has also dedicated herself to helping other families in similar situations.

In the wake of Gorley’s disappearance, Hasty organized an event for the families of murdered and missing people to come together and honor their loved ones.

“The support that we have from people and the support that we’re able to give people is what really keeps everybody going in this,” said Hasty. “I know it’s what keeps me going.”

The event will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Garden Club in Junction City.

The families of Crystal Rogers,Tommy Ballard, and other high-profile cases have attended the vigil in the past.
Missing Man’s Family Helps Others

Michael Keith Gorley – The Charley Project

Michael Keith Gorley

gorley_michael3.jpg
gorley_michael4.jpg
gorley_michael7.jpg
gorley_michael9.jpg
gorley_michael_tattoo.jpg

Missing Since 05/17/2015
Missing From Stanford, Kentucky
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Date of Birth 12/22/1976 (43)
Age 38 years old
Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'0, 210 - 230 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue and white Hawaiian-print swimming trunks, black Crocs, and a camouflage-print hat with a black oval logo reading "Team Realtree" in white print. A photo of Gorley's shoes and hat is posted with this case summary.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Gorley had a short goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has an inch-long scar on the right side of his jaw, an inch-long scar on his right wrist, a scar on his right eyebrow, an appendectomy scar on his abdomen, and a scar on the right side of his hairline. He has the following tattoos: his last name "Gorley" in blue ink on his upper right arm, a cross on his upper left arm, the name "Stephanie" on the inside of his right forearm, a letter "M" in blue, green and orange ink on the right side of his chest, and a Chinese symbol on the outside of his calf. A photo of one of Gorley's tattoos is posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Gorley was last seen at a friend's home Knob Lick Road in Stanford, Kentucky on May 17, 2015. His friends stated he left on foot between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m., walking towards Junction City about two miles away. However, when Gorley's mother called the house at 11:00 p.m., the homeowner told her Gorley was still there.

When Gorley didn't arrive home that night or the next morning, his mother and sister went to the house to look for him. They found his shoes and hat on the porch, but no other sign of him. He has never been heard from again. It was then that Gorley's friends told his mother he had left between 8:30 and 9:00. His mother doesn't believe he would have gone anywhere without his shoes.

Gorley's family believes he was murdered by people he knew and trusted, and they think they know who did it, and police also believe foul play was involved in his case, but no suspects have been named in his disappearance. His mother describes him as a hard worker and a dedicated father. His case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back