LA - Boy in induced coma, hd trauma, bite mark, missing fingernails, mom & bf chg'd

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
17929426-mmmain.jpg

From left, Heather Simpson, 37, and Cristian DeGregory, 34, each was booked with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile after a 5-year-old boy in their care was hospitalized with injuries that New Orleans police said included head trauma, body bruising, burn and bite marks and missing teeth and fingernails. (Photos courtesy of Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office)
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/central_city_couple_accused_of.html

Do people just want children around so that they can torture and torment them? I'm so tired of this happening over and over again. Not trying to be strident, but they always seem to have that same dull look. Poor little child...

That's beyond sick; they look so satisfied with themselves. The boy seems to be in grave condition now.

Sometimes.... I wish there could be "an eye for an eye.." punishment. :(
The problem with that is someone has to inflict the punishment on the perps, and that (I'd suppose) threatens to dehumanize us all.
Hope the boy survives. Even if we lived in a society where the dp was allowed in cases like this, the monsters would receive much more humane treatment -- up to and including their deaths.

Please give this boy to someone who will love him !! Even now that he's rescued he may be traumatized for life.
:moo:

Biological mother and her boyfriend...surprise, surprise. "Mom" also has a 3 yr. old daughter in the home.

Do people just want children around so that they can torture and torment them? I'm so tired of this happening over and over again. Not trying to be strident, but they always seem to have that same dull look. Poor little child...
I think they "want children around" so they can collect welfare. JMO.

This is heartbreaking. I hope the boy will recover to the extent he can be placed in a good home with loving parents.

5-year-old boy
Hospitalized
Head trauma
Body bruising
Burn marks
Bite marks
Missing teeth
Missing fingernails
Edited for effect

What kind of psycho people do that to little kids? That's torture from a scary movie. I almost threw up with that opening statement. Poor little babies.

Edited for effect

What kind of psycho people do that to little kids? That's torture from a scary movie. I almost threw up with that opening statement. Poor little babies.
Same here. :s

Police say abused 5-year-old boy is in medically induced coma; siblings transferred to state custody
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/police_say_abused_5-year-old_b.html
"We can't talk to the 5-year-old at this point, because he's pretty much unconscious. It's a medically induced coma, because of his pain and what's going on."

Sanders said the boy has been on a ventilator to assist breathing because "he was not responding very well" upon arrival at the hospital. He said the boy has since undergone two cranial surgeries aimed at reducing a dangerous amount of swelling to his brain.

"That's the big concern right now, the swelling and trauma to the head," Sanders said. "And it's going to be up to what (doctors) can do to relieve that swelling."

Siblings in this title must mean him and his sister.

Central City couple pleads not guilty to child cruelty charges
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/central_city_couple_pleads_not.html
The boy's mother Heather Simpson and her live-in boyfriend Cristian DeGregory were reunited in court for the first time since their May 26 arrests. They stood side by side to enter pleas of not guilty to identical charges of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile before Orleans Parish Criminal District Judge Byron C. Williams.

Their child abuse cases were transferred to Williams' court last month in order to follow a separate drug case brought against DeGregory. The 34-year-old DeGregory already has pleaded not guilty to a charge of possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

Both he and Simpson, 37, face up to 40 years in state prison if convicted of the more serious child abuse allegation.
Authorities' evidence in the case is to be turned over to defense attorneys at an Aug. 17 discovery hearing.
More at link.

"Mother and live-in boyfriend who 'abused son, 5, so badly he lost fingernails and teeth' blame horrific injuries on his sister, 3, beating him up"

From article: "Child abuse detectives arrested the boy's mother Heather Simpson, 37, who works at a strip club, and Christian DeGregory, 34, after an ambulance was called to their house in nearby Central City."

The strip club HS worked at is Scores Mansion strip club in New Orleans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3101096/Mother-live-boyfriend-arrested-abusing-son-5-badly-lost-fingernails-teeth-blame-horrific-injuries-sister-3-beating-police-interviews.html

It sickens me that they spent time in court flirting and blowing kisses with each other , I hope they get no such opportunities in the future.

I wish they would give an update on little man's health!

Just looking at them makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

"Mother and live-in boyfriend who 'abused son, 5, so badly he lost fingernails and teeth' blame horrific injuries on his sister, 3, beating him up"

From article: "Child abuse detectives arrested the boy's mother Heather Simpson, 37, who works at a strip club, and Christian DeGregory, 34, after an ambulance was called to their house in nearby Central City."

The strip club HS worked at is Scores Mansion strip club in New Orleans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3101096/Mother-live-boyfriend-arrested-abusing-son-5-badly-lost-fingernails-teeth-blame-horrific-injuries-sister-3-beating-police-interviews.html

:maddening:

I think they "want children around" so they can collect welfare. JMO.

This is heartbreaking. I hope the boy will recover to the extent he can be placed in a good home with loving parents.

If that were the case, they would be simply neglected. Torturing a child is really taking it further than "baby for welfare".

If that were the case, they would be simply neglected. Torturing a child is really taking it further than "baby for welfare".
We've seen it in other WS cases in which parents have no love and attachment for their children. Such parents refuse to allow another relative or someone else custody of their children because they know they will lose welfare benefits which they use for their own selfish purposes.

That was the case of Jerice Hunter, who was recently found guilty of the murder of her 5-year-old daughter. For weeks prior to her death, Jhessye Shockley was kept in Hunter's bedroom closet and tortured.

During the first 4 years of her life, Jhessye was lovingly raised by one of her mother's cousins and surrounded by other loving family members while Hunter was in prison for abusing 2 older children. Hunter's mother was awarded custody of several older children, but returned the children to their mother when she was released from prison. Jhessye was forcibly removed from the cousin's house despite lack of a court order, and also returned to Hunter.

Although Hunter's mother hasn't yet been charged with any crimes, posters here on WS suspect that Hunter and her mother insisted on keeping the children despite any emotional attachment because they were both collecting welfare benefits for the children in different states.

You can read the whole sordid story here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ey-5-Glendale-11-Oct-2011-1-*J-Hunter-guilty*

If anyone doesn't believe that there are parents who torture their children they have no emotional attachment to, but retain custody only to collect welfare benefits, I believe Jhessye's thread will change your mind. And, there are other similar cases, too. Unfortunately, unwanted children often become scapegoats when their parents become angry, frustrated, intoxicated, or high on drugs. It probably happens many more times than anyone realizes because, as in Jhessye's case, the parent(s) come up with multiple excuses as to why a child has been absent so long from school, hasn't been seen outside by the neighbors for weeks, missed the family reunion, etc.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti
Back