FL FL - Ta'Niyah Leonard, 1, Bartow, 19 Oct 2002

I was thinking about a case the other day and wanted to see if there were any new developements, but can't think of the childs name. It was a little girl, maybe 1 or 2, her mother claimed the father had her, the father claimed the mother had her and she was no where to be found. Later the parents had another baby and named her the same or something very similar to the missing baby's name. This case bothered me so much but it seemed to have disappeared from headlines very quickly.

i was going to say sabrina aisenberg, but i don't know if they had a child later of the same name...
do you remember what part of the country this was in, or what the child looked like? and around when it occured?

It was maybe two yrs ago. I know that it was a young black girl, her parents were teenagers, maybe in NY or somewhere like that.

hhmm... i can't think of a case that fits that description. i'm sure someone else might be able to help though!

I know the case you're talking about and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the little girl or the parents. Maybe it will come to me later?

You're probably thinking of her: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leonard_taniyah.html

You know, in the 2006 press interview mentioned in the casefile, Taniyah's mother was asked why she went and had another child by this man if she believed he was responsible for the disappearance of her first kid. Her response was something like this: "I thought if I got close to him he would tell me where Ta'Niyah was. We weren't together very long but it was long enough." How long is long enough, I wonder? Ten minutes? Fifteen?

Some people should never be allowed to reproduce.

That is the one. I always suspected that both parents know what happened to this angel. I hope that they will get some new leads soon and justice will be served.

Police Still Seek Clues to Missing Girl

Parents differ on who was last to see Ta'niyah Leonard.

By Suzie Schottelkotte
The Ledger

BARTOW -- Miranda Jones and Michael Lewis agree with police on two points.

First, Jones and Lewis say they want to find their missing daughter.

Second, they accuse each other of not telling the truth about the disappearance of their child, Ta'niyah Leonard.

"Neither one of them is telling everything they know about Ta'niyah's disappearance," said Bartow police Detective David Reynolds. "We've haven't been able to corroborate either of their stories."

more at link: http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/NEWS/602080377/1039

I wonder if Lewis ever took a polygraph. How about charging them both with obstruction of justice and endangering the welfare of a child? Maybe then they'll start talking...

Ta'Niyah Monique Leonard
National Center For Missing & Exploited Children
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Nov 16, 2001 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Oct 19, 2002 Race: Black
Age Now: 7 Height: 2'6" (76 cm)
Missing City: BARTOW Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
Missing State : FL Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC947922
Circumstances: The center photo is of the child age-progressed to 4 years. She was last seen at home on October 19, 2002. She has pierced ears and light birthmark on her right leg. Her nickname is Ny Ny.

Twelve years.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27260687/mother-pleas-for-information-about-missing-daughter

Ta'niyah disappeared one month before her first birthday. Investigators looked all over for the toddler: in swamps, under a house, and door to door. They found nothing.

At first, it was a he-said, she-said. Her dad, Michael Lewis said, her mother had the baby last . Her mom said Lewis had the baby last.

Both were under suspicion for years. So was Jones' mother, Theresa Manning. A few years ago, police said Jones and Manning were no longer suspects. Lewis, now in prison for drugs, is still a suspect.

3254010_G.jpg

TA'NIYAH LEONARD

Ta'niyah was last seen at home on October 19, 2002

This is horrible. Also, ears pierced at 1 year old? [emoji44]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads