UK UK - Deborah Walker, 49, Llandudno, Wales, 15 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Deborah Walker - Missing Hope We Can Find Debbie Walker Safe And Well Facebook Page
CGAXNrMWAAAPEFp.jpg

Friends of missing Llandudno woman launch online campaign to help bring her home
Police issued an appeal last Wednesday after becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of Deborah Walker, aged 49, who has not been seen since 6 pm on Friday, May 15.

Friends of Ms Walker have set up a Facebook page to heighten awareness in the hope someone with information can come forward, which has nearly 200 members.

Close friend Stacey Ghauri, said: “Debbie was a lovely, caring person and such a bubbly character.

"She meant a lot to so many people and I consider her a dear friend.

“I started the group to make people more aware and hope that it gets to as many people as possible.

“The support I have had so far has been amazing but we just hope that someone, somewhere can give us information as to Debbie’s whereabouts.”
http://northwalespioneer.co.uk/news...h-online-campaign-to-help-bring-her-home.aspx

Snipped from the newspaper article:

Close friend Stacey Ghauri, said: “Debbie was a lovely, caring person and such a bubbly character.

"Debbie loved to sing, and our message to her is to contact somebody to let them know that you are safe,” added Ms Ghauri.

http://northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/reporter_news.aspx?auth=Dean Jones&nbsp

Snipped from the newspaper article:

"Debbie loved to sing, and our message to her is to contact somebody to let them know that you are safe,” added Ms Ghauri.

http://northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/reporter_news.aspx?auth=Dean Jones*

I don't get why she talks about her in past tense, then asks for her to call?

I don't get why she talks about her in past tense, then asks for her to call?

I won't lie, the whole page feels 'off'. I think it's going to be a textbook case. The friend knows the ins and outs but doesn't feel safe saying as much. DW had only just refriended her partner so, along with the comments on her page from friends, he is who they are pointing to, imo, even though they seem to have settled on either suicide or gone off partying with some bloke. Either of which could prove to be true.

I would say her phone will give the best evidence and I expect it takes time to get the records from whatever provider she's with. From what I can make out she hadn't been living in the area for very long, I don't think she was working and the new relationship is why she'd moved so if she did go storming out after a row then there wouldn't have been many people for her to call. Did she hitch a ride with the wrong person? Did she decide she'd had enough and throw herself off a nearby cliff? Is somebody holding her against her will while everyone she knows expects she's just on an extended bender? And why has she recently added a handful of women from Africa to her friends list, is she in Africa or does someone want people to believe she's in Africa perhaps? JMO.

I used to know this area very well.
I agree that the FB comments are interesting.
I hope there's been a thorough search around the Great Orme. First thing that came to my mind.

Well the BF has changed his profile picture and avatar to include her, plus an 'in a relationship' status. I'm assuming that she's back, am waiting for a response to a message that's been posted on the FB page.

No she's not back. The whole thing with the BF just feels creepy. If the story is that they had a row and she stormed off, he must know that he's going to be a POI I would lay money that she re-added him as a friend, plus friended some women from Africa after she disappeared. I'm hoping that a long-term friend of hers, who has been commenting on the FB page, can use those years of experience to convince the police that, for all her problems and partying ways, this is not normal for Deborah and they really need to be taking her disappearance more seriously. 'Close' friend or not, someone that's only known her for a few months just doesn't have that knowledge to say anything with any certainty. It bothers me that SG speaks about her in the past tense, I think she can guess what's happened but either doesn't want to get someone into trouble or is worried for her own safety if she says anything.

Still no sign of Deborah but she's made another African friend on FB today. I'm guessing she could have send friendship requests before she disappeared and they're only just being accepted now?
I hope the police are keeping their eye on things.
I would be so happy to find out that she'd just got fed up with life, the universe and everything and had no idea the worry she was causing.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/...issing-llandudno-woman-enters-third-week.aspx

Latest newspaper report, kudos to Dean Jones for doing a follow up. Let's hope police are getting the authority to do that triangulating stuff on Deborah's phone as we speak. Where the phone was around that time and until it died will be a good starting place imo. JMO.

I've been trying to work out why this case is bothering me so much, I don't normally get this involved. I am a stranger after all. But it makes me feel so sad that's she's just 'out' there somewhere on her own. No children or family members to shout on her behalf, make appeals, harass the press. I would be lucky to go AWOL for a day without someone feeling the need to track me down, lol! But three weeks.

And now of course the state of decomposition (if she was dead) will make it harder to ascertain how she died. Scenario, discovered at the bottom of a cliff, all flesh has gone, how difficult would it be to prove that she was dead before she went over the edge and how consistent the breaks in her body/face in particular would be with someone that had thrown themselves off? In addition, should there be a perpetrator, three weeks is already a good amount of time for scratches and bruises attained in a, possible, attack to heal. JMO.

Still confused by the appeal page going up 3 days after she was last spoken to by page owner. It IS very soon to report a missing adult, unless of course you suspect foul play. Here's hoping that she's found soon and this mystery will be resolved!

I used to know this area very well.
I agree that the FB comments are interesting.
I hope there's been a thorough search around the Great Orme. First thing that came to my mind.

As far as I know, nobody has searched anywhere as of yet but yes that would probably be a good place to start.

Edit: Plus of course there's plenty of deep water accessible.

Interesting. No news as such but noted that Deborah's friend who changed their FB status/profile pic on the 2 week anniversary of her disappearance, has marked the third week anniversary with a public message on the Missing page asking her long time friend to get in touch as there might be a new lead........ Am I being cynical to wonder if that person feels a need to practice their version of events to see if they're believable? Guess I am!

Fingers crossed that there'll be some news soon and she's just exercised her adult right to take herself off the radar. Not hopeful. :-(

6 weeks and 3 days today. Still no sign of her and a general acceptance, it would seem, that suicide is the reason. I guess we'll have to wait until some poor dog walker/hiker/fisherman comes across a body to see what happens next.

There's still activity on her FB account

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008991995707

Based on that she MUST have run away to Swaziland surely?!

Still nothing?

Why do some cases get LOADS of media attention and some don't?

Just revisited this case and had a look at the FB pages in question - namely Debbie's, her boyfriend TH, and her friend Stacey. Privacy settings prevent me from seeing much though - is there a "missing" page for her does anyone know?

It's an odd one. Since Debbie's disappearance she has "friended" several African people, according to what I've read this is definitely not typical or expected. So, who is getting into her account? Debbie herself, or someone else?

Just revisited this case and had a look at the FB pages in question - namely Debbie's, her boyfriend TH, and her friend Stacey. Privacy settings prevent me from seeing much though - is there a "missing" page for her does anyone know?

It's an odd one. Since Debbie's disappearance she has "friended" several African people, according to what I've read this is definitely not typical or expected. So, who is getting into her account? Debbie herself, or someone else?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1117963734897487/?fref=ts :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back