1240 users online (280 members and 960 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Docu-Series/Websleuths

We are very excited to introduce two filmmakers, Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills (Cropsey, Killer Legends) to our Websleuth community. Josh and Rachel have created an upcoming docu-series investigating five active serial killer cases across the country: LISK, Eastbound Strangler (Atlantic City), Daytona Beach Serial Killer, Long Haul Serial Killer Truckers, and the West Mesa Bone Collector. The series is Executive Produced by an Oscar-winning filmmaker and will be aired by a premium cable network.

Rachel and Joshua have a new Websleuths hat/handle: Danse_Macabre. When Danse_Macabre posts people listen...or at least read.

What's so exciting is how Websleuths plays a big role in the series. For each case, Rachel & Josh will be engaging the WS community and working side by side with individual websleuthers to discuss theories, work on leads, and bring sleuthing work to Law Enforcement, victim's families, and others committed to helping catch these killers.

As many of you know, the victims in the aforementioned cases were sex workers – so often, these women do not receive the attention, and justice, desperately needed by their families, and the communities in which these heinous crimes occurred. That's one reason Websleuths is such an amazing resource. When LE hits a dead end, Websleuths members continue going down unbeaten paths to look for leads.

I know some of these cases haven't had much activity for a while, so I'm looking for help in generating new interest in the threads for these particular cases. I know many of you are dedicated to them, and I would encourage you to pick them up again. For those who are new to the cases, now is the perfect time to bring a fresh perspective, and uncover leads that others may have missed.

To get a taste for their past work, check out Cropsey, a documentary about missing kids in Josh's hometown of Staten Island. "

What Websleuths is about to embark on with Josh Zemen and Rachael Mills could literally change the way law enforcement works with social media. A change for the better of course

Here are the cases/forums that will be the focus of the new Docu-Series:

Members Only LISK,

Daytona Beach Serial Killer

Long Haul Serial Killer Truckers
    There are several serial killer trucker cases in the Serial Killer forum

The West Mesa Bone Collector

Websleuths is fortunate enough to have been chosen to be a part of this groundbreaking project. Now, it's up to you. Jump in and start sleuthing. This is our chance to show the world what Websleuths members can do once we put our minds to something.

Thank you,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    PS. We can't tell you the name of the "premium cable network" but trust me you will be very excited when you learn the name of the network.

Last edited by Tricia; 06-09-2015 at 04:02 AM.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

This is JUST AWESOME!!!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

Awesome

Cropsey was great. This is great news!
    Sword and Scale is a weekly True-Crime Podcast
    http://swordandscale.com
    Subscribe on iTunes

It's great news for Websleuths!! WTG Tricia!
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Please pass the word around OK? I want everyone to have a chance to participate in the forums.

I'm so excited I can't stand it. I don't know if I should sit, stand, eat chocolate...THAT'S IT. I 'll eat chocolate. LOL
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

LOL Tricia!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    We are very excited to introduce two filmmakers, Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills (Cropsey, Killer Legends) to our Websleuth community. Josh and Rachel have created an upcoming docu-series investigating five active serial killer cases across the country: LISK, Eastbound Strangler (Atlantic City), Daytona Beach Serial Killer, Long Haul Serial Killer Truckers, and the West Mesa Bone Collector. The series is Executive Produced by an Oscar-winning filmmaker and will be aired by a premium cable network.

Rachel and Joshua have a new Websleuths hat/handle: Danse_Macabre. When Danse_Macabre posts people listen...or at least read.

What's so exciting is how Websleuths plays a big role in the series. For each case, Rachel & Josh will be engaging the WS community and working side by side with individual websleuthers to discuss theories, work on leads, and bring sleuthing work to Law Enforcement, victim's families, and others committed to helping catch these killers.

As many of you know, the victims in the aforementioned cases were sex workers – so often, these women do not receive the attention, and justice, desperately needed by their families, and the communities in which these heinous crimes occurred. That's one reason Websleuths is such an amazing resource. When LE hits a dead end, Websleuths members continue going down unbeaten paths to look for leads.

I know some of these cases haven't had much activity for a while, so I'm looking for help in generating new interest in the threads for these particular cases. I know many of you are dedicated to them, and I would encourage you to pick them up again. For those who are new to the cases, now is the perfect time to bring a fresh perspective, and uncover leads that others may have missed.

To get a taste for their past work, check out Cropsey, a documentary about missing kids in Josh's hometown of Staten Island. "

What Websleuths is about to embark on with Josh Zemen and Rachael Mills could literally change the way law enforcement works with social media. A change for the better of course

Here are the cases/forums that will be the focus of the new Docu-Series:

Members Only LISK, Eastbound Strangler (Atlantic City)

Daytona Beach Serial Killer

Long Haul Serial Killer Truckers
    There are several serial killer trucker cases in the Serial Killer forum

The West Mesa Bone Collector

Websleuths is fortunate enough to have been chosen to be a part of this groundbreaking project. Now, it's up to you. Jump in and start sleuthing. This is our chance to show the world what Websleuths members can do once we put our minds to something.

Thank you,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    PS. We can't tell you the name of the "premium cable network" but trust me you will be very excited when you learn the name of the network.

Very good news for Websleuths! Congratulations Tricia! Hopefully they will get a chance to do shows on plenty of the other cold cases that are here on Websleuths. Can't wait to hear what network it it be aired on.

This is exciting news!

I watched Cropsey a few years ago and just last month watched Killer Legends on Netflix. I loved Killer Legends and gave it 5 stars LOL!

I stumbled upon the docu while researching the Texarkana murders.

There is some truth behind every urban myth!

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Brilliant news. I'm especially interested in the LISK case. I know I've seen either one or both of those docus.

Congratulations Tricia!!! And hats off to Danse_Macabre for doing these series. I have been working on the FL Daytona cases and the thread More than one serial Killer in FL. The FBI does think that these and others are related but do think we have more than one killer here in FL. If one of these cases gets solved, I think many more will be too. I have feeling this guy has a long list of woman he has murdered along the way.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    Congratulations Tricia!!! And hats off to Danse_Macabre for doing these series. I have been working on the FL Daytona cases and the thread More than one serial Killer in FL. The FBI does think that these and others are related but do think we have more than one killer here in FL. If one of these cases gets solved, I think many more will be too. I have feeling this guy has a long list of woman he has murdered along the way.
    Thank You Skully for your hard work and dedication.

Let's remember without the hard working and very dedicated team of moderators I'm certain Websleuths would not have been chosen for this new exciting show.

You're the best Skully, THANK YOU

Tricia
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Nice, Tricia!!!

Well I will say that after witnessing the success of us Websleuthers in bringing the Nevada UID one step closer to an identity, I can honestly say that we have a lot to offer this project.
    The Nevada UID case is in cooperation with detectives/members working that case and the work done here accomplished one part so far that had stumped LE for 23 years. From a 23 year old fragment of a T-shirt with only a partial image on it, we identified the original image and the artist as well.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Road-Mar-92-2

If you aren't familiar with it, check it out. More work to do there mostly by LE so I am excited to start lurking these threads as a start.

Sounds like another excellent new direction for WS. Thank you Tricia!
    Last edited by Steleheart; 05-29-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: OY

This sounds so exciting! I have also watched Cropsey and Killer Legends, can't wait to see this also! Glad we get to be a part of it! Congrats Tricia! (And all of Websleuths!)

VERY excited about this series! I know everyone involved will do an amazing job with it!
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast