1241 users online (230 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
    By Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
    Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
    Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
    By NBC Washington and News4
    Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
    Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 05-31-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

[B]I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Please continue discussion here

Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next arrest!

I am waiting for the next info leak/doc release

Quote Originally Posted by birpu View Post
    It's also very interesting that he was replaced as PS's coach by another guy not long before that. And he was only hired by SS in April.
    SS demoting JW to just being a driver and assistant could be a motive as that would send a message that SS isn't going to be his racing meal ticket as he had hoped...plus SS could have been hinting to JW that his probationary period was coming to an end and he probably wasn't going to be kept on in any paid capacity. The murders also might not have been planned, but happened once the kidnapping happened, but if you only conspired to take part in one crime and it turns into another, you'd still be on the hook for felony murder even if you hadn't plotted the murder and didn't know or approve of that happening. If this was a plot with JW not intending murder as part of it, there would be a strong motivation to give yourself an alibi by placing yourself away from the scene of the crime (which if the idea as JW saw it was the S family would live, JW wouldn't be there). JW on one hand doesn't seem like someone who would plot to kill or who would have anything to do with DW, but on the other hand JW may have seen that his dreams were quickly crumbling before his eyes and became desperate. With the S family following him on Twitter, I'd don't think he'd say anything negative about his employer knowing that they're watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway...................why???
    great read!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Excellent article, I didn't know he was a competition licensed SCCA member.

<snip>

The Savopoulos family had already met Jordan Wallace through the Jessup Maryland Autobahn Speedway, and Wallace had coached young Philip for a while until Jay Howard was hired. “Savvas had mentioned that he had met someone earlier but kind of moved on from him,” said Howard.

Then Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway and contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”

Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. Immediately Wallace began posting photographs of him driving the Savopoulos fleet of high end sports cars and tweeting about his new job “Driving for a #DC CEO”.

Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by kammiemc View Post
    Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.
    I was thinking maybe an opportunity to overpower even.

Someone forgot to link this thread on the last thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Peliman View Post
    Excellent article ...

<snip>

Savopoulos hired [W-1] in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. Immediately [W-1] began posting photographs of him driving the Savopoulos fleet of high end sports cars and tweeting about his new job “Driving for a #DC CEO”.
    While I still don't think W-1 is part of a conspiracy, it appears now that he was hired only 1 month before the murders. This unfortunately paints a bulls-eye on his back for some role, even if unwitting. I continue to lean toward the theory that W-1 may have unwittingly led on Wint or associates of Wint by talking or sharing too much. If that's the case, that's a heavy load to carry the rest of his days.

I think pizza was for DW.
    If they were duct taped, wouldn't it be risky to remove it and have them scream?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    I think pizza was for DW.
    If they were duct taped, wouldn't it be risky to remove it and have them scream?
    I agree that the pizza was for DW. If he had wanted to feed PS, he could have given him a couple of slices of bread, a box of crackers, or something else from the kitchen.

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast