IN IN - Janna Rivera, 3 mos, Indianapolis, 29 May 2015 *J. Fairbanks guilty*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police search for missing baby girl on NE side of Indy
Janna Rivera
10402407_10153104687651144_1587843262211631071_n.jpg

candyapple1-e1432913960587.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Police were searching Friday morning after a 3-month-old went missing from the northeast side.

The original 911 call was placed around 8 a.m. Friday from a woman saying the child was missing and could be dead, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officials said. Detectives were working to determine if something happened to the baby girl but were having a hard time communicating with people at the scene because of a language barrier. The situation was being handled by police as a missing person case.
http://wishtv.com/2015/05/29/police-search-for-missing-baby-girl-on-ne-side-of-indy/

The woman reporting said the baby 'could be dead?' OH OH

From the same link:

Neighbors told 24-Hour News 8 they saw hysterical adults at the home Thursday night.

I hope it doesn't turn out that the baby was discovered missing Thursday night and the 911 call not made until Friday morning.

Maybe something accidental happened to the child Thursday night and they panicked?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-searching-pond-for-missing-baby

This doesn't look good ...

IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams said the baby's mother called police around 9 a.m. Friday morning and said her baby was dead.

Adams said the mother later called back and recanted and instead said her boyfriend -- the baby's father -- took the child last night and she doesn't know where they are.

There's a live stream of the seach linked from that website.

The Fox59 link says
Investigators also said the mother and her boyfriend were being questioned separately. The boyfriend is not the baby’s father, police said.

It also mentioned a language barrier. So is it a third person who took the baby? And why, in cases like this, are they so slow to get a picture of the adult who is with, or may be with the child? Maybe I'm alone in this but all babies look the same to me, I wouldn't notice one in particular, but I might notice the adult they were with!

I really do not get the language barrier thing. It is Spanish ... there is no way I am going to believe that there is not a single Spanish speaking police officer or official staff member available to talk with the family. When the 911 call was placed there is no way the call was not transferred to a Spanish speaking operator. Spanish is by far the most spoken language aside from English in the U.S. today so I just cannot see that being any kind of "language barrier". Okay ... done with my rant! =P

one of the linked articles states the mother's boyfriend is not the baby's father. another linked article says the mother's boyfriend is the baby's father.

I'm wondering if the reports were referring to two separate men as in a current boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend- one of which is the father.

What an adorable precious baby girl. The 2nd Facebook news link has a picture and her name. For some reason tapa talk won't let me share.
I hope she is found safe but doesn't sound good. Sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her name is Janna Rivera. FOX59 first obtains photo of missing 3-month-old Janna Rivera, who was reported missing by her mother just before 9 a.m. https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News?fref=ts

missing-baby-fox2.jpg

Image from here: http://fox59.com/2015/05/29/police-search-for-missing-3-month-old-baby-on-the-east-side/

The circumstances surrounding the baby’s disappearance were unclear, although police said the baby wasn’t there when the mother returned home. That is when she alerted police, they said.

Several hours into the search, police were able to obtain a search warrant for the family’s house. Authorities also plan to search a garbage truck that was in the area.

Investigators said the mother and her boyfriend were being questioned separately. The boyfriend is not the baby’s father, police said.

The circumstances surrounding little Janna's disappearance don't sound good at all. It doesn't sound like there's much hope she's alive. Still, I will hope...

Search suspended for missing 3-month-old girl
Indianapolis police have suspended the search for a 3-month-old girl who disappeared from a Northeastside home Friday morning.

They have identified the baby as Janna Rivera, born in February, and the investigation is ongoing.

Police were called to a home in the Orchard Valley Farms subdivision in the 4100 block of Candy Apple Boulevard, near 42nd Street and Mitthoeffer Road. The initial 911 calls indicated the infant was dead, but that has not been confirmed and officers did not find the baby when they got to the house, police said.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ing-missing-month-old-northeastside/28154669/

Since the boyfriend has been named a person of interest, I hope we sleuth the you know what out of him. Sickening. And imagine if your 3 month old is missing, and they suspend the search. Heartbreaking.

Yeah, using a 'language barrier' as an excuse is so unbelievable to me, especially if it's Spanish. I don't buy that for a second. I'm so worried about this little one, praying that they end up being found alive...

Since the boyfriend has been named a person of interest, I hope we sleuth the you know what out of him. Sickening. And imagine if your 3 month old is missing, and they suspend the search. Heartbreaking.

I agree 100%. I so don't want this to be another dead child at the hands of an adult case. It's really frightening how much this is happening.

I wonder why they suspended the search?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back