CANADA EX-RCMP Officer probes Highway of Tears leads on own time

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/e...-highway-of-tears-leads-on-own-time-1.3087350
For 10 years, private investigator Ray Michalko has been trying to solve British Columbia's infamous Highway of Tears cases — but nobody pays him to determine what may have happened to the murdered and missing women along that 800-kilometre stretch.RCMP say the route along Highway 16 that winds between Prince George and Prince Rupert is where at least 18 women have gone missing or been murdered since 1969. Seventeen of those cases remain unsolved.
"I'm disappointed that some of these cases haven't been solved," says Michalko, 67. "I'm stubborn. I'm not a quitter. And I like to help people."
Michalko was an RCMP officer, but left the force after nine years because he prefers to work alone.

"I remember once counting the number of side roads that a killer could drive off to dispose of a body in an hour, and there were a hundred — maybe more," Michalko says. "It's the perfect place to go missing forever."
Whenever he gets a chance, Michalko drives north from his home in Vancouver and follows his leads. Over the past decade, he estimates, he has put in a year of 40-hour weeks.

I was aware that Ray had passed away and was quite shocked actually. I had spoken to him a few times over the years and he had a huge trove of research. I wonder where it is and if a clue to the killer(s) is "in the box".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back