DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 430
What if the car was taken and stored somewhere and that is what they were going to go pick with with the truck? I think it's very unlikely police wouldn't have mentioned a missing car, but I am trying to come up with a reason as to why DW would need the truck.
I'm the friend who said Amy drove a Porsche SUV. She did used to drive this car but it was dark not white and I never said it was white. I'm now thinking that was a few years ago that she had the car. Hope this clarifies that.

Let's pretend that DW never got caught by way of DNA on pizza crust, then what do we have?
1. Phone call to SS from AS "come home"
2. Txt to JW on wed from SS "need you to make important delivery Thursday AM
3. Txt, call to HK, Amy is sick, VF is staying overnight, don't come tomorrow
4. A scurry of Thursday Am calls, frantically arranging a money withdrawal
5. Assistant meets JW at bank, JW "maybe" drops money off, after calling 10 min in
advance... What time he dropped off?
6. House is on fire 1:15
7. Video of Porsche on fire, suspect running with bucket 5 - 5:30
8. Last call from SS phone is to JW at 11:54
9. JW call SS back at 1:40
10. JW tells police he lied about locked car, picture sent in red bag to GF

What am I missing above. And what would police have to work with? I think JW's lies
has made him suspicious

I think we've heard that LE has a lot of video from around the area and have also established that the peeps entered the house in green vests, which they used to look like they had a reason for lurking. And green vests were found.

Also, Porsche driving erratically on Weds. Last seen at the house at 10:30 Thurs.

I think if DNA never existed and subsequently led to the discovery of DW with roughly half of the amount of cash taken from the bank, then based on JW's lies, as LE i would certainly be investigating connections between JW and unsavory characters who might be capable of murder (or even ones who have threatened to kill their own parents!) Part of that would include scouring the records of people in the neihborhoods that JW had lived. In this case, they would have found DW that way. And they also have his DNA. And for all we know they have proof of past communication between the two.

Good question!

HHMMM...I don't see him running like he was with a bucket of gasoline!! It would have been splashing everywhere!! It has been surmised that the gas was siphoned from the Porsche. That makes me most sense to me. It would answer the question as to where he got the gas...and why a gas station in DC would allow someone to dispense gas in an unapproved container (I would think someone doing that anywhere in DC would raise some eyebrows - and SHOULD raise eyebrows anywhere in the country!!)

It just makes the most sense that he siphoned the gas, not got it somewhere else and ran back to the Porsche while sloshing it all around and all over himself. IMO, of course.

Then.... maybe the bucket was empty and he was heading to siphon the Porsche and... torsche! He he. I actually reviewed that video the other day to see if it looked like he was carrying liquid in it. It didn't to me, either. But a bucket for siphoning would make a lot of sense, and then, unless he's really dumb or really likes that bucket, he would burn it too. LE might just have that bucket.

I'm the friend who said Amy drove a Porsche SUV. She did used to drive this car but it was dark not white and I never said it was white. I'm now thinking that was a few years ago that she had the car. Hope this clarifies that.

Was there construction going on in the neighborhood in the week prior to the murders?
I'm sorry about your friends. I bet Amy was a special lady

I wonder why he deleted all of his SM? He deleted them before he was named in the fox 5 report. That doesn't sit weird with some of you?

I think he deleted it all because of the many pictures with the boss's cars, etc. he knew how bad that would look. It does not mean he was guilty though, imo.

Or it's going to turn out that DW has an associate who is the mechanic that is assigned to that truck.

Which if that was the case they'd still have to have a very strong reason for being part of that convoy and there being a convoy to begin with. If there was no convoy and Wint was caught in the truck that would be one thing, but Wint was in car and if all he's doing is flipping the cash, there's no need for the truck and having a needless convoy with a specialized commercial truck is only going to draw more attention to yourself.

Thanks!!!

LE is under no obligation to reveal everything they know and all evidence that they have or what everyone is going to be charged with. Also something can be stolen but not missing. LE could know where exactly whatever was stolen is stored - so it hasn't gone missing - and is waiting to see who picks it up to arrest them. We've already seen that for some ungodly reason LE let - at a minimum - DW's after-the-fact accomplices go without having charged them as of now. LE has also strangely said others were involved but the only evidence they've offered publicly is Wint's DNA that he was involved without as yet offering public proof demonstrating anyone else was involved, so LE can know many things and be planning things that the public doesn't know about.

I think they would have continued to observe Wint and not made the arrest except that he is obviously capable of unspeakable things and a known danger to the public. I think that is why they let everyone go for now. To observe and protect the public from Wint himself at the same time. Also - I'm sure they didn't want to risk him getting away.

Then.... maybe the bucket was empty and he was heading to siphon the Porsche and... torsche! He he. I actually reviewed that video the other day to see if it looked like he was carrying liquid in it. It didn't to me, either. But a bucket for siphoning would make a lot of sense, and then, unless he's really dumb or really likes that bucket, he would burn it too. LE might just have that bucket.

I read here, but didn't verify myself, that a bucket was shown being removed from his father's house when the search warrant was carried out. Hard to say if it is the same white bucket...my Dad has multiple white 5 gallon buckets. Some in the garage, some in the storage shed.

Though it was reported, also unverified by myself, that DDW was seen hanging out on the porch of his father's house shortly after the murders.

I think we've heard that LE has a lot of video from around the area and have also established that the peeps entered the house in green vests, which they used to look like they had a reason for lurking. And green vests were found.

Also, Porsche driving erratically on Weds. Last seen at the house at 10:30 Thurs.

I think if DNA never existed and subsequently led to the discovery of DW with roughly half of the amount of cash taken from the bank, then based on JW's lies, as LE i would certainly be investigating connections between JW and unsavory characters who might be capable of murder (or even ones who have threatened to kill their own parents!) Part of that would include scouring the records of people in the neihborhoods that JW had lived. In this case, they would have found DW that way. And they also have his DNA. And for all we know they have proof of past communication between the two.

Good question!

I would also bet that one of the first things LE does in an investigation these days is download all social media accounts for people involved in any way, including the victims. I bet they have it all.

Good question!
I just want to clarify this: A neighbor stated she saw the Porsche leaving/driving down the street at a high rate of speed on Weds afternoon. A witness saw the Porsche driving erratically on Thursday.

I think they would have continued to observe Wint and not made the arrest except that he is obviously capable of unspeakable things and a known danger to the public. I think that is why they let everyone go for now. To observe and protect the public from Wint himself at the same time. Also - I'm sure they didn't want to risk him getting away.

Yes, there can be many reasons why people aren't immediately charged

Yes, there can be many reasons why people aren't immediately charged

That is of course, true.

But I would think if LE had any sort of evidence that JW was involved...he would not be walking free more than 2 weeks after the crime. If he was involved, he is as potentially dangerous as DDW. Or at least charged with something, and then released on bail or something? Or maybe I am just naive.

I just want to clarify this: A neighbor stated she saw the Porsche leaving/driving down the street at a high rate of speed on Weds afternoon. A witness saw the Porsche driving erratically on Thursday.

Is it clear with what was seen on Wednesday whether they were speeding to or speeding away from the house? Could that have been SS? I raise it being SS since I think if they only had one Porsche that they both drove since they are both members of a Porsche club and it would be rather silly for SS to belong to the club if he didn't even drive a Porsche (or that the S family owned more than one Porsche).

Thanks, you are right. Sorry! Porsche seen driving erratically away from crime scene with black man with short, well-groomed hair THURS. Fast driving was a Weds.

Do we know the times of these sightings? I am thinking if the last time the Porsche was seen in the neighborhood was 10:30 on Thurs, that the erratic driver sighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth