Identified! MA - Boston, WhtMale 35-45, 1068UMMA, full-sleeve & mult tats incl "Terminator" on abdomen, Jun'06 - n/a

rainwater

Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this heavily tattooed white male UID, other than in EmmaLucias "Can You Identify these UID Tattoos?" page on WS.

He is not in NAMUS at all, but is listed on Doenetwork. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1068umma.html
Link contains pictures of many of the tats.

Found June 2, 2006 in Boston MA on Causeway Street, across from Banknorth Garden.
Possibly homeless. May have been living in the general area of where he was found.
Height 69 inches, "medium build" specific weight not listed
Estimated Age 35-45 Years.
Eye/Hair color not listed
Appeared to be missing his left front tooth

Very heavily tattooed (BBM) Just a few of his tattoos:
Right arm heavily tattooed from wrist to shoulder
Two separate green dragon tattoos: Dragon 1 is on left side of back and Dragon 2 center of lower back
Jester or joker type tat in middle of abdomen. "Terminator" across abdomen as well.
Asian letters running lengthwise along spine
Inside of right leg, below calf but above ankle, is what appears to be a yin-yang symbol
Woman's face on back and left shoulder

Some of his other tats are described at the Doenetwork link above.

I wonder how much effort LE put into identifying him. Boston's not that big and there seems to be a pretty close knit group of homeless people over in that area. You'd think with those tats they could have at least gotten a street name for him or something. Would also help to know how he died.

I thought he had a thread here but I don't see it any more...hm.

There's an article at Porchlight: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=17140

There were several articles in the press at the time -- I remember them because I thought at first he was a guy I used to know who had a very similar dragon tattoo.

I'll try to play with the photos a bit to see if I can get a clearer image of the tats. That Boston Viking is intriguing.

In FiveFeline's link above, it is stated his height was 5 ft. 9 inches.

The Doenetwork did not mention height at all. The 5 ft 9 inches will help with possible matches. Families of an MP male who was that height may take a close look at the rest of the description of "Green Dragons Tattoo Man".

His height is listed as 5'9" in the Doe Network article you linked above. I really wish there was a photo or at least sketch of his face.

For some reason, MA LE doesn't seem to be into sketches or reconstructions or anything like that. And only a tiny fraction of the MA missing and unidentified are in the national databases -- or any public database, for that matter.

A lot of MA cases have been entered into Namus recently, but this doesn't appear to be one of them.

I wonder if Ronald Kruska is worth considering. He would of been 46ish in 2006. Although different locations are given, he had a Dragon, a Viking and Asian writing tattooed and may have got more over the years.
Ronald David Kruska – The Charley Project
I got excited for a second because it says he went to Saugus High School, and there's a Saugus just outside Boston! I guess there's a Saugus, CA too...it seems like Kruska was a California guy through and through. I think this UID was a local.

The Terminator tattoo makes me wonder if he had connections to white supremacy, given the sun cross. The Viking has also been used as a "white heritage" symbol and as far as I'm aware has absolutely nothing to do with Boston. He could have been in prison/a gang at some point.

I wonder if the Asian tattoos cancel out the white supremacy idea, though.

due to the low quality of the tattoo photos, I could see what appears to be the characters "丰/feng" (abundant) and "音/yin" (sound)

Still not in Namus, Doe Network link with images of he tatts www.doenetwork.org/cases/1068umma.html

First I got a bit excited by www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/14787?nav Donald David Smatlak, missing from PA since January 2006 (six months prior). Under tattoos has listed "a Chinese symbol in the center of his back and on right shin in black ink, tattoo of his name in Chinese on the middle of his chest in black ink". But then I see he was 6'1" and the UID is 5'9"....also probably not enough time to have gotten so many extra tatts. Back to the drawing board!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back