902 users online (113 members and 789 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

We started discussing this on another thread and took it off topic, so I thought now that Casey is looking like doing an interview it might be interesting to revisit the verdict and the state's case and see where people are at ..

Personally I think that the jury made the right decision based on what was before them now, even though I didn't think that when the verdict came down, I wonder if other people have also had another look at all the evidence and feel that way, or do you still feel the same way you did back in 2011?
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Do you hear that sound? The sound of a massive can of worms being opened up about this case? LOL

I took so much flack when I told people I thought the jury would find Casey not guilty. Based on the information the jury was given, based on the fact that Casey's father George, lied on the stand ( about the affair) and based on the fact there was no way to tell how Caylee actually died, the jury had no other choice, in my opinion, but to find Casey not guilty.

If the prosecution can't prove the method in which the death took place how can a jury find someone guilty of murder? No one could say how Caylee died. Was it an accident, was it murder, natural causes, no way to tell.

Let me make one thing very clear here: In My Opinion there is NO DOUBT that Casey killed Caylee. It just can't be proven in a court of law.

I think I just opened up a whole worm factory filled with cans.
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Do you hear that sound? The sound of a massive can of worms being opened up about this case? LOL

I took so much flack when I told people I thought the jury would find Casey not guilty. Based on the information the jury was given, based on the fact that Casey's father George, lied on the stand ( about the affair) and based on the fact there was no way to tell how Caylee actually died, the jury had no other choice, in my opinion, but to find Casey not guilty.

If the prosecution can't prove the method in which the death took place how can a jury find someone guilty of murder? No one could say how Caylee died. Was it an accident, was it murder, natural causes, no way to tell.

Let me make one thing very clear here: In My Opinion there is NO DOUBT that Casey killed Caylee. It just can't be proven in a court of law.

I think I just opened up a whole worm factory filled with cans.
    If the 'foolproof suffication' and 'foolproof suffocation' searches made by Casey (using the Mozilla Firefox browser, which was ONLY ever used by Casey under her profile on the computer) would have been found by the prosecution, I think there was a good chance that a smart jury would have found her guilty. However, that jury was more interested in getting on with their summer plans than in actual justice, so she probably would have walked if that information was available anyway.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

The jury found correctly, based on the evidence at trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    If the 'foolproof suffication' and 'foolproof suffocation' searches made by Casey (using the Mozilla Firefox browser, which was ONLY ever used by Casey under her profile on the computer) would have been found by the prosecution, I think there was a good chance that a smart jury would have found her guilty. However, that jury was more interested in getting on with their summer plans than in actual justice, so she probably would have walked if that information was available anyway.
    Glad you underlined the smart jury part of your post, LOL. I was totally shocked with the "not guilty" verdict. There was more than enough evidence IMO to find a guilty verdict. Sadly, the baby girl's grandparents decided to lie like hell and save that miserable waste of skin, their daughter.

She should have been found guilty of SOMETHING. Even if we took Jose's word for it, she still ignored the death of her baby and dumped it in the dirt and went dancing. Manslaughter, or SOMETHING. She should not have walked away scot-free. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    She should have been found guilty of SOMETHING. Even if we took Jose's word for it, she still ignored the death of her baby and dumped it in the dirt and went dancing. Manslaughter, or SOMETHING. She should not have walked away scot-free. JMO
    Agreed whole heartedly. Abuse of a corpse? Obstruction of justice? Impeding an investigation?
    Well, CA is living he!! and has been convicted in the court of public opinion. I would like to think that that would worse than death, knowing you are reviled everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Agreed whole heartedly. Abuse of a corpse? Obstruction of justice? Impeding an investigation?
    Well, CA is living he!! and has been convicted in the court of public opinion. I would like to think that that would worse than death, knowing you are reviled everywhere.
    That's well-said.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Absolutely agree. I think that was the shock of the whole case. She flat out walked away a free woman. Not a care in the world. Or so she thought.
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

I don't think I'll ever have confidence in the legal system again since CA was found not guilty. If any of my family were ever accused or taken to court for anything, no matter how innocent they were nor how outlandish the charges might be ~ I would be scared to death.
    The jury? Heck yes ~ if one is ready to swallow obvious lies and never ask any questions about conflicting logic or ask further information, I can see why a jury, eager to be released from sequestration, could rationalize themselves into a convenient verdict. All rules can be used to either prevent an action or to facilitate an action. This jury wasn't interested enough to make the logical decision happen. When our legal system has no room for common sense it is not effective. This jury was not effective. They didn't use their tools with any passion at all.
    There's plenty of blame to go around. Defense was unscrupulous and without morals, the prosecution did not present well and even many of the judge's rulings were questionable and perhaps too lenient due to the lead defense's inexperience.
    Many/most from this forum have moved along. But if you're reading this post ~ you're like me. I pray I will see some kind of public reprisal to all those who had a hand in all of the injustices done to Caylee before I die. Caylee and her circumstances will remain with me until then.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

I viewed the whole trial free from the taint of Nancy Grace-like "justice" sites hyping the case day after day after day, and thus watched the proceedings entirely dependent on the legal process and the courtroom issues pursued by the People and the defense via questions and answers in sworn testimony. Based on its presentation to judge and jury the prosecution did not deserve to win that case. The State of Florida has itself to blame.

I've never been one that liked opening cans of worms. Then again, I don't care for worms much anyway. I certainly don't understand the need for it 4 years post-verdict.

For me - I have absolutely zero desire to revisit the nightmare of that jury's verdict. It's over. She walked. She murdered Caylee and she walked free. That jury wasn't even conscientious enough to convict her on the negligence charge though she didn't report her missing for 31 days. That verdict was excruciatingly painful to hear (much less accept) for those of us who spent countless days/nights actually sleuthing tens of thousands of pages of documents and evidence items and know what the evidence proves. Took me years to be able to come to some sort of terms of acceptance - even that of "It is what it is and she will not be tried again for Caylee's murder. For my own peace of mind, I'll have to accept that she will face a higher Judge in the afterlife."

So, for those of you who find this beneficial, enjoy the discussion. For me, it is a horror that I have no desire to relive.

I used to be mostly content with the verdict- I figured that the jury had to have made the right decision based on the facts of the case- but my mind was changed after watching Dr. G's special on her experience testifying in the case and how she felt about it. I'm not sure if anything she said has been proven false but the verdict seemed at the very least fairly avoidable after I heard what she had to say.

Emotions are one thing but what followed the verdict was unchecked clamor.

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    I've never been one that liked opening cans of worms. Then again, I don't care for worms much anyway. I certainly don't understand the need for it 4 years post-verdict.

For me - I have absolutely zero desire to revisit the nightmare of that jury's verdict. It's over. She walked. She murdered Caylee and she walked free. That jury wasn't even conscientious enough to convict her on the negligence charge though she didn't report her missing for 31 days. That verdict was excruciatingly painful to hear (much less accept) for those of us who spent countless days/nights actually sleuthing tens of thousands of pages of documents and evidence items and know what the evidence proves. Took me years to be able to come to some sort of terms of acceptance - even that of "It is what it is and she will not be tried again for Caylee's murder. For my own peace of mind, I'll have to accept that she will face a higher Judge in the afterlife."

So, for those of you who find this beneficial, enjoy the discussion. For me, it is a horror that I have no desire to relive.
    amen
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast