1294 users online (195 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    If the 'foolproof suffication' and 'foolproof suffocation' searches made by Casey (using the Mozilla Firefox browser, which was ONLY ever used by Casey under her profile on the computer) would have been found by the prosecution, I think there was a good chance that a smart jury would have found her guilty. However, that jury was more interested in getting on with their summer plans than in actual justice, so she probably would have walked if that information was available anyway.
    If that fooproof suffocation search had been used as evidence. It may have gone another way.
    In my opinion too much time was spent on chloroform and the 31 days (and they do still boggle the mind). More focus on the day of death. What I'd like to know is were the families movements and cell phone records typical of any every day life in the family? A flurry of calls at 4 pm? Did she normally flurry call her mom then when CA was close to getting off work (I'd stake money that she normally called her manipulatees namely her mother at that time to secure child care so she can "work") What was the most important evidence of the case was her actions, movements and state of mind on the 16th and days leading up to the 16th, and of course the state of the remains. Chloroform confused the jury and unfortunately no defined cause of death. But supposedly the jury never saw the duct tape placement pictures on the skull which was crazy but what.. it was too prejudical? So much absurdity in the idea that George found her drowned in the morning then went off to work at 2:30 like nothing happened and KC spent the day on the phone, laptop and home computer, texting and chatting and posting on my space then skipped off to block buster with TL like nothing happened. No real human in this world does that. A death of a loved child will elicit some kind of reponse other than a shrug off. I can't believe the jury found that the case.

IMO, I think that if the State would have taken off the death penalty and charged her with 2nd degree murder I think she might have been found guilty.

Everybody and their dog knows Casey killed her daughter. There was more than enough evidence to convict. We just got a lazy jury who obviously did not care about the seriousness of all this.

at the very least, I would have wished there was a mistrial. but ti is over and done. JMo

I was just thinking. Remember when we had the Astrological section on the forum? Did they ever do a chart on what the outcome of a trial would be? If so, did they ever share what they found? I'm just curious if they "predicted" this outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by scout35 View Post
    I was just thinking. Remember when we had the Astrological section on the forum? Did they ever do a chart on what the outcome of a trial would be? If so, did they ever share what they found? I'm just curious if they "predicted" this outcome.
    I'm curious if they predicted their own forum's demise.

Quote Originally Posted by scout35 View Post
    I believe afterwards, upon review of the charts they saw it had been predicted, but of course nobody could really say that until it had happened of course, and then it became obvious. So yes, they predicted it, after.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    I don't think I'll ever have confidence in the legal system again since CA was found not guilty. If any of my family were ever accused or taken to court for anything, no matter how innocent they were nor how outlandish the charges might be ~ I would be scared to death.
    The jury? Heck yes ~ if one is ready to swallow obvious lies and never ask any questions about conflicting logic or ask further information, I can see why a jury, eager to be released from sequestration, could rationalize themselves into a convenient verdict. All rules can be used to either prevent an action or to facilitate an action. This jury wasn't interested enough to make the logical decision happen. When our legal system has no room for common sense it is not effective. This jury was not effective. They didn't use their tools with any passion at all.
    There's plenty of blame to go around. Defense was unscrupulous and without morals, the prosecution did not present well and even many of the judge's rulings were questionable and perhaps too lenient due to the lead defense's inexperience.
    Many/most from this forum have moved along. But if you're reading this post ~ you're like me. I pray I will see some kind of public reprisal to all those who had a hand in all of the injustices done to Caylee before I die. Caylee and her circumstances will remain with me until then.
    The message from that, Amanda Knox and the McCann case seems to be lie, distract, distort, shift blame, dissemble and never ever ever admit guilt. About anything. All three scot free.

So, hi everyone. I'm new to this case which might mean I have a fresh take on it, or might mean I have no idea what I'm on about :-)

So one of ideas that I've been working on that I can't find anywhere else so far.

tl:dr Casey took the remains through the back fence to where she, Kio and Jessica used to hang out in the woods together after school.

What if Casey had Caylee's remains in the trunk of the Sunbird. On the 18th she checks to see if anyone if home and finds it's all clear. She backs into the garage and thinks about hiding the evidence. She takes a laundry bag to the trunk and puts the bigger of the two bags in. God it smells bad. She puts it by Caylee's playhouse on the grass. Should she put it in there? No, it smells too much. Mom will find it. She's looked at a couple parks and boggy areas but she's not certain about those options. She doesn't know them well and she'll feel more comfortable somewhere familiar. She remembers how she and Kio used to go into the woods after school to their to hang out in their secret spot. That's a good place. No-one knows it's there these days except as a place to dump trash and, even better, she can get down there via the old route out the back fence and behind the row of houses. She goes to check out the back fence. Yep, the loose board is still there but the bamboo has grown over and she can't get through. Damn. The shed is locked so she goes next door and borrows Brian's shovel. She cuts back the bamboo slips through the opening with the evidence, triple bagged now in a bag from the laundry to protect her clothes. She struts down beside the lake, into the trees, along the little used path and along the back fences to where people dump their unwanted things. She slings the bag into the swampy water, turns and never looks back.

Based on:

The laundry is in the garage. If the remains were disgusting, as they must have been after three days in the enclosed heat, she could have grabbed a laundry bag from right there to wrap and conceal and distance herself from the ugliness.

The cadaverine is found lightly near the playhouse. Perhaps the child was placed there for only a short time.

Tracy McLaughlan says that in her presence Casey *and* Ciindy talked about Casey using the shovel to cut back the bamboo.

The shovel was clean and had no trace evidence on it when it was returned to Brian Burner so it's unlikely it was used for digging or carrying.

On August 12th Kiomarie Cruz reports to Detective Wells that she, Jessica and Casey used to head out to the woods together after school. Kio says "me and Casey (...) would come back out here and we'd just talk for hours and hours" and "there's two different spots back there where we used to hangout at". Detective Wells asks her "When you heard about the shovel...Did you think something might've happened where we... Is that what brought us out here to this favorite spot?" She replies, "It did cause things started to click in my head and all I could think about was the shovel... First of all there's tons and tons of shading. Not a lot of people know about this spot...and most of the kids don't come down here now because I guess they have the fences...we were pretty much the only ones that knew about it for years". She doesn't expressly say that they went the back way, but for some reason that's the impression I got hearing the interview.

Killers tend to leave their bodies somewhere familiar.

It took less than two minutes to walk to the dump site via road so using the back way it may have taken a bit longer but she had the benefit of cover for half the walk. Even in the unlikely event someone did see her she could just be going for a walk with a bag. She could have managed the dumping easily in one of the 30 minute gaps in activity.

What do you think?

Four years later, and I still think she is guilty. Ask me again in 20 more years. My answer will be the same. I may have it inscribed on my tombstone. "Here lies Chefmom. Loving wife and mother. Casey Anthony is guilty of murdering her child. Never forget."

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Quote Originally Posted by Curiouser+Curiouser View Post
    So, hi everyone. I'm new to this case which might mean I have a fresh take on it, or might mean I have no idea what I'm on about :-)

So one of ideas that I've been working on that I can't find anywhere else so far.

tl:dr Casey took the remains through the back fence to where she, Kio and Jessica used to hang out in the woods together after school.

What if Casey had Caylee's remains in the trunk of the Sunbird. On the 18th she checks to see if anyone if home and finds it's all clear. She backs into the garage and thinks about hiding the evidence. She takes a laundry bag to the trunk and puts the bigger of the two bags in. God it smells bad. She puts it by Caylee's playhouse on the grass. Should she put it in there? No, it smells too much. Mom will find it. She's looked at a couple parks and boggy areas but she's not certain about those options. She doesn't know them well and she'll feel more comfortable somewhere familiar. She remembers how she and Kio used to go into the woods after school to their to hang out in their secret spot. That's a good place. No-one knows it's there these days except as a place to dump trash and, even better, she can get down there via the old route out the back fence and behind the row of houses. She goes to check out the back fence. Yep, the loose board is still there but the bamboo has grown over and she can't get through. Damn. The shed is locked so she goes next door and borrows Brian's shovel. She cuts back the bamboo slips through the opening with the evidence, triple bagged now in a bag from the laundry to protect her clothes. She struts down beside the lake, into the trees, along the little used path and along the back fences to where people dump their unwanted things. She slings the bag into the swampy water, turns and never looks back.

Based on:

The laundry is in the garage. If the remains were disgusting, as they must have been after three days in the enclosed heat, she could have grabbed a laundry bag from right there to wrap and conceal and distance herself from the ugliness.

The cadaverine is found lightly near the playhouse. Perhaps the child was placed there for only a short time.

Tracy McLaughlan says that in her presence Casey *and* Ciindy talked about Casey using the shovel to cut back the bamboo.

The shovel was clean and had no trace evidence on it when it was returned to Brian Burner so it's unlikely it was used for digging or carrying.

On August 12th Kiomarie Cruz reports to Detective Wells that she, Jessica and Casey used to head out to the woods together after school. Kio says "me and Casey (...) would come back out here and we'd just talk for hours and hours" and "there's two different spots back there where we used to hangout at". Detective Wells asks her "When you heard about the shovel...Did you think something might've happened where we... Is that what brought us out here to this favorite spot?" She replies, "It did cause things started to click in my head and all I could think about was the shovel... First of all there's tons and tons of shading. Not a lot of people know about this spot...and most of the kids don't come down here now because I guess they have the fences...we were pretty much the only ones that knew about it for years". She doesn't expressly say that they went the back way, but for some reason that's the impression I got hearing the interview.

Killers tend to leave their bodies somewhere familiar.

It took less than two minutes to walk to the dump site via road so using the back way it may have taken a bit longer but she had the benefit of cover for half the walk. Even in the unlikely event someone did see her she could just be going for a walk with a bag. She could have managed the dumping easily in one of the 30 minute gaps in activity.

What do you think?
    Thanks for posting this Curiouser, I agree the location of her remains was familiar, convenient, and when you consider fca's laziness and impulsiveness, as well as Kio's statement, it's not surprising fca ultimately chose that spot for disposal. That should've been one of the first areas thoroughly searched and cleared by law enforcement.... I've always assumed that because Caylee was found at the start of the woodline on Suburban, in the very first spot where a car could pull over, and so close to the road, that fca hastily pulled her car off and just tossed her remains into the woods, in the first acceptable spot. A few years back my daughter and I drove the route, and that's what really struck me, it's literally the very first patch of trees/hiding place she'd come across as she left her house... I think it was when the smell overwhelmed her, and her previous plans to bury her had failed, that she drove her down and dumped her on the side of the road. And went on her way... Seems to match fca's nature, using the least amount of thought, effort, or time possible toward someone other than herself....

We had a poster (I believe it was logicalgirl) who did an experiment, using trash bags and adding Caylee's approximate weight, etc, and concluded she would've been very difficult to carry/move, as it was all bulk weight. So, I imagine it would've been harder than it seems for fca to have carried her a great distance, and difficult to make it appear natural, especially with leaky bags. Of course, it's possible. I do think fca started out with the idea of doing something with that shovel in regards to Caylee's disposal, but it turned out to be more work than she thought. And she tends to avoid anything that inconveniences her in any way...

All jmo.
    Last edited by heidisams; 06-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heidisams View Post
    Thanks for posting this Curiouser, I agree the location of her remains was familiar, convenient, and when you consider fca's laziness and impulsiveness, as well as Kio's statement, it's not surprising fca ultimately chose that spot for disposal. That should've been one of the first areas thoroughly searched and cleared by law enforcement.... I've always assumed that because Caylee was found at the start of the woodline on Suburban, in the very first spot where a car could pull over, and so close to the road, that fca hastily pulled her car off and just tossed her remains into the woods, in the first acceptable spot. A few years back my daughter and I drove the route, and that's what really struck me, it's literally the very first patch of trees/hiding place she'd come across as she left her house... I think it was when the smell overwhelmed her, and her previous plans to bury her had failed, that she drove her down and dumped her on the side of the road. And went on her way... Seems to match fca's nature, using the least amount of thought, effort, or time possible toward someone other than herself....

We had a poster (I believe it was logicalgirl) who did an experiment, using trash bags and adding Caylee's approximate weight, etc, and concluded she would've been very difficult to carry/move, as it was all bulk weight. So, I imagine it would've been harder than it seems for fca to have carried her a great distance, and difficult to make it appear natural, especially with leaky bags. Of course, it's possible. I do think fca started out with the idea of doing something with that shovel in regards to Caylee's disposal, but it turned out to be more work than she thought. And she tends to avoid anything that inconveniences her in any way...

All jmo.
    You're probably right. I'm overcomplicating. I've never been to the area and that experiment is pretty compelling and she was "over three foot". I'd forgotten how big that would make her to carry. How horrible to just sling your child away. Thanks for replying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Curiouser+Curiouser View Post
    You're probably right. I'm overcomplicating. I've never been to the area and that experiment is pretty compelling and she was "over three foot". I'd forgotten how big that would make her to carry. How horrible to just sling your child away. Thanks for replying :-)
    There's a post on scared monkey's about Zenaida Gonazlez being a code for where Caylee's remains were found, that being down her street. I tried to link it but it won't let me. You can google it.

I always found it very odd KC says in her statements that she dropped her off between 9 -1 at zanny's. Odd because she couldn't narrow it better than a 4 hour window. (I definitely know when my kids are dropped at child care) Then in the jail house video I swear she tells LA that Caylee is still "close to hope". We all know from the records that KC had been doing searches for ZG before the 16th and a my space page was created for her. I think this does all tie together in a neat little crazy KC bow. I think she spent some time and research on the 17th/18th where to leave the remains (driving near the airport, driving to parks) but the thought process was the near the home woods was easier, faster and some place she could go back and check on periodically.

We discussed that theory here too at the time. I really do not think Casey was using code to let anyone know where Caylee was.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceseeker35 View Post
    There's a post on scared monkey's about Zenaida Gonazlez being a code for where Caylee's remains were found, that being down her street. I tried to link it but it won't let me. You can google it.

I always found it very odd KC says in her statements that she dropped her off between 9 -1 at zanny's. Odd because she couldn't narrow it better than a 4 hour window. (I definitely know when my kids are dropped at child care) Then in the jail house video I swear she tells LA that Caylee is still "close to hope". We all know from the records that KC had been doing searches for ZG before the 16th and a my space page was created for her. I think this does all tie together in a neat little crazy KC bow. I think she spent some time and research on the 17th/18th where to leave the remains (driving near the airport, driving to parks) but the thought process was the near the home woods was easier, faster and some place she could go back and check on periodically.
    That 9-1 time was the time, then boyfriend , Tony L had class ..she knew the time he was in class of course
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

I still think she is guilty. I think she took her anger from the fight her and Cindy had and directed it to Caylee to spite Cindy. It was Caylee, Caylee, Caylee to Cindy and Casey couldnt stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I recently watched a lot of the trial over, and in particular closing arguments .. it struck me that the State failed to prove a large part of their case, and the way Baez showed the jury that, and the way Mason took the jury through reasonable doubt led the jury to their inevitable verdict. It didn't seem inevitable to us at the time because we were so immersed in the case and had heard nothing but pro prosecution arguments for so long .. I agree with Tricia, I actually think Casey most likely killed Caylee, but most likely isn't good enough for a conviction, and nor should it be.

I think if the jury had seen the 'foolproof suffication' search the outcome may have been different, it's a concern to me that OCSO missed that when they went through the computer searches, yet Baez's computer expert picked it up .. don't we want the State to be better detectives with all the resources available to them than the defense?

On chloroform .. prosecutors alleged that Casey used chloroform to render Caylee unconscious before placing duct tape over her nose and mouth to suffocate her. Yet, they never showed how Casey obtained it. Did she make it? If so where and how? Did she buy it? If so who from?

Another thing that has always bothered me, the state was firm in that the duct tape was placed over the nose and mouth holding the mandible in place, yet we were never shown any in-situ photographs which would have given us a chance to judge for ourselves, so personally I have no idea whether I agree with their assessment or not.

I believe the jury did the right thing based on what was before them, and what was not. I think the media hype surrounding the case not only had an impact on jury selection, but also impacted public expectation of a guilty verdict.
    ITA ~ I started re-watching the trial as well, in particular, GA and Cindy, and I have a hard time understanding the truth. There is doubt, when witnesses on the stand act suspicious, IMO.

Baez, IMO, was a far better attorney than the whole state put together.
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast