1164 users online (194 members and 970 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    No, they did not, which makes the outcome of the case even more heartbreaking. Jose Baez blabbed about it in his book about how we was surprised the prosecution never found the searches (they only searched the Internet Explorer browser history). This prompted two members of Websleuths to review the Mozilla Firefox browser data (the browser that only Casey ever used) and there it was.

After Baez revealed the "foolproof suffocation" search in his book, Phoenix attorney Isabel Humphrey requested and received a copy of the browsers' histories from the Sheriff's Office.
    Baez's theory that George Anthony did the search while contemplating suicide "was as crazy as the nanny story," Humphrey told Local 6, referring to Casey Anthony's original claim that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee.
    She obtained the data in August and turned it over to John Goetz, a retired engineer and computer expert in Connecticut. The pair had become acquainted online while following and discussing the case through the amateur sleuthing web community, Websleuths.
    Using free software available on the Internet since 2004, Goetz said it took him less than two hours to extract more than 35,000 records detailing the computer's online activities from 2004 until it was seized in July 2008.
    "Once you have converted the Internet history records, it really doesn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes to look through the entire Internet history for June 16," said Humphrey. "And I would think if there was one day you would pick to look at, that would be the day."
    Goetz and Humphrey homed in on June 16, 2008, and quickly discovered the misspelled search for "fool-proof suffication."
    "It shows you a state of mind that was present on the actual afternoon it appears the child had died," Humphrey said. "So I think it would be important regardless of who it was making the searches, but in this case it's certainly important that it appears to be Casey Anthony herself."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cop...thony-evidence
    isaw-the-trial-and-i-remember-they-presented-evidence-for-searches-for-neckbreaking-death-of-a-child-and-so-on,.more-than-enough-.to-prove-premeditation-and-malice.

Unless someone else stands up and says "I did it and here's the proof" the case is essentially closed. Casey herself could stand on the top of the Empire State building and admit she did it and how, but she still couldn't be tried because of double jeopardy.

I'm sure some idiot will fall for her superficial charm and get conned into marrying her. However, I sincerely hope she never has another child again or that she is not physically able to (that would be karma). She is too selfish and what kind of life could she give that child anyway?

From what I understand, she lives with Pat McKenna, the PI who worked on her case (and also helped OJ Simpson beat his double murder rap). Who knows the nature of their relationship, but I'm sure it is one consisting of 'mutual benefits'. Interesting, considering she accused her father of molesting her and she's now shacked up with a man around his age.

As Judge Strickland said, she will always attract the seedy 'underbelly of society'. One of her lawyers (Todd Macaluso, who already had legal and ethical issues when he joined her legal team) just got arrested for attempting to smuggle cocaine, so you can see what kind of people are attracted to her 'cause'.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...129-story.html
    i wonder if eventually she will end up committing another murder, i mean premeditatedly killing a child, you don't get any more evil than that.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
    isaw-the-trial-and-i-remember-they-presented-evidence-for-searches-for-neckbreaking-death-of-a-child-and-so-on,.more-than-enough-.to-prove-premeditation-and-malice.
    I also saw the trial and I wasn't talking about those searches.
    Yes-I-know-they-did-present-those-particular-searches-but-as-my-initial-post-stated-they-did-not-have-the-'foolproof suffocation'-searches-from-the-Mozilla-Firefox-browser (that only Casey used). It is my opinion that the 'foolproof suffocation' searches from June 16, 2098 that could only have been conducted by Casey, may have made a difference in the case and it's a shame the prosecution didn't find them before the trial.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

I also saw the trial and I wasn't talking about those searches.
    Yes-I-know-they-did-present-those-particular-searches-but-as-my-initial-post-stated-they-did-not-have-the-'foolproof suffocation'-searches-from-the-Mozilla-Firefox-browser (that only Casey used). It is my opinion that the 'foolproof suffocation' searches from June 16, 2098 that could only have been conducted by Casey, may have made a difference in the case and it's a shame the prosecution didn't find them before the trial.
    i don't know why that would make a difference, they more than proved murder in the first degree by a long shot, I don't think they needed any more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
    i don't know why that would make a difference, they more than proved murder in the first degree by a long shot, I don't think they needed any more evidence.
    I agree, but obviously that jury did need more evidence of first degree murder.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

I agree, but obviously that jury did need more evidence of first degree murder.
    It shouldn't have. It needed critical thinking skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Sometimes I check this thread still hoping the verdict was a nightmare.

That's how I feel after all this time. I hope Casey is miserable. Forever. That's the best I've got at this point. Some days I feel more mature and less angry about it. But today is not one of those days.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

The day she was found not guilty changed my view of my trust in the judicial system. They say it is best that 11 guilty go free than one not guilty be condemned. It now seems to be an excuse.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Let's see, does it make any reasonable sense yet? Nope, still cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

In my opinion, the jury had all they needed for the conviction. However, I think LE and the prosecutor's office should have delved deeper into the computer records considering Casey lived out her life on the computer, and the prosecution should have spent more time on the timeline to show the narrow window of time in which the murder was committed when Casey was there alone with Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    Sometimes I check this thread still hoping the verdict was a nightmare.

That's how I feel after all this time. I hope Casey is miserable. Forever. That's the best I've got at this point. Some days I feel more mature and less angry about it. But today is not one of those days.
    I think she does not feel sorry or miserable. She is evil. Well thinking about it she may be sad that all the men are not worshipping her whilst she dances on the dance floor.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48