NC NC - Pfc. Chad Dellit, 22, Fayetteville, 21 Sept 2011

borndem

Anglophile & registered demwit
Reaction score
OK, Gang -- Here's a challenge!! I just saw this... I don't know any more than what is in the article cited below.
-------------------------------------------

Local News

[h=1]NC Wanted: Family asks for help find soldier son's killer
[/h] Posted May 30, 2015

Fayetteville, N.C. — The parents of a Fort Bragg soldier who was shot and killed outside a Fayetteville hotel in 2011 continue to plead with the public to help find their son's killer.

Pfc. Chad Patrick Dellit, 22, was shot in the head outside the Innkeeper Hotel at 1720 Skibo Road on Sept. 21, 2011.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/nc-wanted-famil...er-son-s-killer/14679880/#ABJd3ufEfUUxFdrF.99

Why isn't local LE and the military looking? Or is this considered a cold case where the leads have been exhausted?

OK, very quick search shows some unhappy patrons around this time frame. References to drugs and ladies of the night present. So first thought is, as Chad was "visiting someone at the hotel" acc to the Police, maybe he was meeting a married woman and her husband found out/meeting a sex worker and her pimp was unhappy (for whatever reason)/he was buying drugs & it went wrong/one of his buddies was in trouble with any or all of the above, Chad was trying to help, and it all went wrong.

The Innkeeper has security now, but I can't find out if it had security in 2011.

The man caught on video sounds well-dressed, which is why my mind immediately went to disgruntled husband, but IDK.

Why isn't local LE and the military looking? Or is this considered a cold case where the leads have been exhausted?

It seems to be pretty cold, Zuri -- I saw it and thought that since there are a lot of people in the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area, that some of them may have forgotten this disappearance and might want to start stirring things up again. I'm not sure there's a lot to be found on this case, but sometimes mountains can be moved by mere mortals.

Here's his obit:

http://qctimes.com/news/local/obitu...cle_ea39c518-7c7d-59a5-97bc-c4d900b7dc73.html

Bumping
We are active military family stationed here @ Bragg
I’d never read anything on this cold case
Keeping this family in my prayers.

A colleague's family was stationed there, refers to this town as FayetteNam....

A colleague's family was stationed there, refers to this town as FayetteNam....
We sure do.
My family live off base 15miles from base though.
It’s certainly one of the most dangerous areas we’ve had to be. Hope this cold case gets some much needed attention.

When I was there back in the 90's, parts of Skibo were "no-go" for soldiers. You also weren't supposed to live in certain areas either. Drugs, prostitution, murder. At least two major gangs I know of according to a Fayettenam police officer I talked to while I was there. One was the Bloods, the other I can't remember the name of wore green.

Last mention I can find is 2015. Seems this case is very cold.

One would assume this wasn't random and wasn't robbery. It's never made clear who he was visiting, but I'm sure local PD does, and are likely keeping it back for a reason.

NC Wanted: Family asks for help finding soldier son's killer :: WRAL.com

Fayetteville is not somewhere I ever want to see again if I can help it. There are quite a cold cases on the books there. The PD has video summaries of some on their youtube.
https://m.youtube.com/c/FayettevillePolice/videos

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back