1420 users online (322 members and 1098 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - Hilary Acton, 33, shot to death, Indianapolis, 1 June 2015

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (June 1, 2015) – A woman was fatally shot early Monday morning in the 1400 block of South East Street during an attempted robbery.

Mark Williams says he and his girlfriend, 33-year old Hilary Acton of Clayton, were were unloading a carload of clothing from Goodwill in the 1400 block of South East Street around 1:15 Monday morning. He told police two unidentified men approached them and demanded the items from their car. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun.

Williams says neither he nor Acton resisted the suspects, but one of them fired his weapon, hitting Hilary Acton multiple times. He says he yelled to his brother for help and chased the robbers down the sidewalk.

“I saw his eyes and he was scared when he shot her,” said Williams. “Then they ran and they turned left, then turned around and started shooting at me again.”
    http://fox59.com/2015/06/01/police-o...nday-shooting/
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Killed for a carload of clothing from Goodwill?

Woman & boyfriend were "unloading a carload of clothing from Goodwill in the 1400 block of South East Street around 1:15 Monday morning."
    "Joel Russell works at a nearby pizza place and called 911.“I was standing at the back door and heard about seven, eight gunshots go off and some ricochets and I went out and called the police..." bbmhttp://fox59.com/2015/06/01/police-o...nday-shooting/

So,
    earlier they were at Goodwill, got carload of clothing?
    1:15am were unloading goods -- to their home or apt?
    7 or 8 shots were fired.
    Boyfriend & his brother chased armed men down sidewalk?
    After hearing gunfire, nearby pizzeria employee called 911?
    Unusual.

Sad, sad, sad.

Hmmmm

Bumping this . I wonder if there is any more info . Why did hubby run after the shooter . The person already shot his wife , what were he and his brother going to do ?

Link to news video

Sounds like a target hit.

What were they doing from the time they picked up the clothes at Goodwill and the time they were at home unloading a carload of the clothes? I know the Goodwill here closes around 6 PM but I would be very surprised if the ones there were open til midnight.
    Did they have an confrontations with someone? Was this drug related? Was the husband's brother with them or was he just there to unload the clothes?

I don't know how to find arrest information for Indiana but maybe one of the great sleuthers here can find out and let us know. Even better, maybe someone can teach me how to find it.

This story just seems strange, but JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cilene View Post
    Link to news video
    Vid ~ :55sec, BF says (my paraphrasing)
    We had gone to grocery store to get something to eat for tonight and then stopped at McDonalds for ice cream cones. Then she was getting something else to wear from car and they came up out of nowhere.
    Shooting happened ~1:15 am.

So were they having dinner or snacking just before then?
    Or was there a time gap btwn McD's ice cream and going home?
    Or they returned home, there awhile, then she went out to car for clothes?

Could be my (mis?)reading or the way story was edited.

Her 2 boys are in grade school.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    What were they doing from the time they picked up the clothes at Goodwill and the time they were at home unloading a carload of the clothes? I know the Goodwill here closes around 6 PM but I would be very surprised if the ones there were open til midnight.
    Did they have an confrontations with someone? Was this drug related? Was the husband's brother with them or was he just there to unload the clothes?

I don't know how to find arrest information for Indiana but maybe one of the great sleuthers here can find out and let us know. Even better, maybe someone can teach me how to find it.

This story just seems strange, but JMO
    Who's arrest info are you looking for?