DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 462
t7CaeeJbUCk7IRndhzMjC7hjqI355qAtCnotaTjdDA5-lrNPutCxhG6pgVeeH2v7YHVDSA=s151

Please continue here

The depth of pain for all of them including the parents/grandparents is simply unimaginable. I'm also in awe that LE can now glean DNA off pizza crust. I wasn't aware it could survive that long on something so spongy.

JMO
Science is amazing. I don't know why people think they can get away with crimes these days. Deranged lunatics I guess.

Science is amazing. I don't know why people think they can get away with crimes these days. Deranged lunatics I guess.

If it were not for that pizza, I fear he may have very well gotten away with this crime and that's pretty scary.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has read or heard that JW was NOT at the dojo with SS and NG on Weds. Given that JW was his assistant and SS was having other people (NG at least) help out there, it would make a lot of sense that JW would be enlisted to help. (In fact, it sounds like JW continued helping prep for the opening after dropping off the $40k if we believe that's why he was at Lowe's in that area.)

We know that NG was at the dojo at least until 5:30 when she overheard SS get the call from AS. Someone posted here that In NG's latest interview, she said the last time she saw JW was at 3:30 at the dojo. I was kind of assuming that he would be there with his boss, so this makes sense to me. Any reason beyond that he wasn't there?

It does beg the question: if JW truly left at 3:30, then why didn't he go to Lowe's for that errand? Because SS wasn't at the dojo on Thursday to be assigning errands.

JMO

I keep returning and lurking on this thread to see if there have been any additional breaks in this case. Because it's one of those cases that sticks with you - a happy, successful, handsome, wealthy, tight-knit family that seemingly had so much, and anyone would want to have as family or friends, suddenly murdered, and in such a horrible way. There are still so many unanswered questions. I just can't imagine who would be able to brutalize a little boy, and then kill him. Those poor parents who spent their last moments trying to protect him. It's so awful. I came upon the pictures from their obits, happy snapshots from their lives, and thought to myself, "wow, they seem like people I'd like to know/have in my life" and then also thought about how they are now all dead. How terrible. :-(

I don't have much else to add to the discussion, because it would all be speculative on my part - except to say I totally believe DW did not act alone in this. I hope that justice is swift and extremely punitive.

Thank you for that link. I had not seen all those pictures and though they were very difficult to look at I looked at every one in honor of Phillip. One thing I will take away from that viewing , besides overwhelming and reoccurring sadness, is that it made me glad to know that Phillip had so much love and so many fun and interesting experiences in his short life. May the surviving family members and friends find at least a bit of comfort in that someday. God be with them all as they travel this "valley of the shadow".

Yesterday on CNN Pamela Brown (anchor) made a comment I haven't heard yet... that
NG last saw JW at the Dojo at 3:30 on Wednesday,we know that SS didn't leave till approximately 5:30 (Phone call from AS) could JW have been the one who let DW and possible crew in the home? The family would not have been suspicious of JW! That said,
Then JW would know that the family would have to be killed (I hate to say that word)

Who left the dojo first? NG or W1? She last saw him at 3:30 pm, but was that because she left, he left, they both left, or they were working in different areas of the dojo?
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has read or heard that JW was NOT at the dojo with SS and NG on Weds. Given that JW was his assistant and SS was having other people (NG at least) help out there, it would make a lot of sense that JW would be enlisted to help. (In fact, it sounds like JW continued helping prep for the opening after dropping off the $40k if we believe that's why he was at Lowe's in that area.)

We know that NG was at the dojo at least until 5:30 when she overheard SS get the call from AS. Someone posted here that In NG's latest interview, she said the last time she saw JW was at 3:30 at the dojo. I was kind of assuming that he would be there with his boss, so this makes sense to me. Any reason beyond that he wasn't there?

I'm wondering that, too. Especially since NG said she rode in (to the dojo) with SS on Wednesday morning. Did JW drive them? If so, what car? If not, what car did SS drive and if JW met them there (at the dojo), what car did JW drive? If SS left alone at
5:30/6:00 pm, how did NG get home? Did she ride back with SS to his house to retrieve her car, which would have to be parked in driveway because of 2 hour parking restrictions? Did NG leave her car at S family home that morning or did JW pick her up on the way into DC? Did they all meet at Hyattsville AIW and ride to Chantilly together?Did NG ride back with SS to his house to retrieve her car, which would have to be parked in driveway because of 2 hour parking restrictions?

The at'fidavit in support of the arrest rr'arrant describes an ongoing police investigation
which includes information not known to the general public. Disclosure ofthe information would
jeopardize the ongoing investigation, u,ould also raise significant safety concerns for both
witnesses involved in this investigation and the police officers attempting to zurest rhe defendanr

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...on-dellon-dennis-charging-papers-may-2015.pdf

This didn't copy well but it does state there is information from this investigation which is unknown to the public
It could be much more than pizza

It does beg the question: if JW truly left at 3:30, then why didn't he go to Lowe's for that errand? Because SS wasn't at the dojo on Thursday to be assigning errands.

JMO

Oh. I watched that and I thought that she was working her way through the non-breaking *breaking-news* and was talking about/mispoke the last time SS was seen, not JW.

No time to go through my cache today corny :giggle: so someone else may

ETA: Above post asks about NG... she was there supposedly in all the other interviews to hear him get a call (SS) at 5:30 from Amy. fwiw :moo: So I guess the new news is 3:30 comment re JW, unless the talking head did say 5:30/SS and just mispoke the time (which is what I originally thought) Thanks for pointing that out.

ETA: Found link, it's downstream. She DID say 3:30 last time she saw #1

Oh. I watched that and I thought that she was working her way through the non-breaking *breaking-news* and was talking about/mispoke the last time SS was seen, not JW.

If she was referring to the time SS left that day it would have been impossible to know he later received a call from AS at 5:30.

JMO

If, in THIS scenario, JW had zero knowledge or involvement in any plan having to do with the money (bear with me!) it wouldn't be incriminating for him to leave the dojo at 3:30 on Weds and then go to Lowe's the next day. He could have even gone to Lowe's twice. The presumption by people who believe JW had no idea what was going on is that he dropped off the ransom money and got back to his tasks/projects in regard to the opening.

Who left the dojo first? NG or W1? She last saw him at 3:30 pm, but was that because she left, he left, they both left, or they were working in different areas of the dojo?

If phone records show that AS called SS at the dojo at 5:30. And NG separately told LE that she overheard a call from AS to SS at that time, that would put NG at the dojo with SS at 5:30. If JW left at 3:30, then that means he would have left first.

The at'fidavit in support of the arrest rr'arrant describes an ongoing police investigation
which includes information not known to the general public. Disclosure ofthe information would
jeopardize the ongoing investigation, u,ould also raise significant safety concerns for both
witnesses involved in this investigation and the police officers attempting to zurest rhe defendanr

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen... W2 then DW might have some peeps after them.

If she was referring to the time SS left that day it would have been impossible to know he later received a call from AS at 5:30.

Not impossible as there could a few ways. One of the things I don't quite get is that it's been reported on that day she was driving with SS and I don't know if that meant they were driving together, they were in separate cars, etc. and if JW was in the mix. I think the details that have been released on what happened that Wednesday are too foggy to be clear what happened.

ETA: Above post asks about NG... she was there supposedly in all the other interviews to hear him get a call (SS) at 5:30 from Amy. fwiw :moo:

So the assumption is that the reporter misspoke and she meant that SS left the dojo at 3:30? LE has said that he received a call at the dojo at 5:30, so she would have had to get both the name and the time wrong. I guess that could be the case, but I wouldn't completely write off that she actually meant that the boss's assistant was at the dojo with him and left at 3:30. That would be a highly probable scenario if they were getting ready for an opening and running around doing errands.

It says "both witnesses" is it W1-W2 or W3... What combo? telling! If it's W2 & W3 then
W3 could have witnessed JW driving Porsche W/vest. If W1 & W2 then DW might have some peeps after them.

Guessing: W1 and W2 because they are known to each other and therefore if one is in hot water, they both may be. W3 is unrelated to the other witnesses iIMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member