1046 users online (260 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - Linda McLaughlin, 57, Sunset Hills, 1 June 2015 *Arrests*

Police search for missing Sunset Hills woman
    POSTED 7:22 AM, JUNE 3, 2015

snipped
    Authorities say Linda McLaughlin, 57 years of age, of the 9100 block of Meadowglen Lane, was last seen Monday night around 7p.m. They believe nefarious circumstances may be in play.

Crimes Against Persons Detectives have been checking locations McLaughlin has known to frequent, but have been unable to locate either McLaughlin or her vehicle.

Her vehicles is described as a 2008 brown Buick Enclave with Missouri State license plate KA9-L4R.
    linda-mclaughlin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    Thank you, luckyseven for posting news of Linda McLaughlin, going missing it what LE considers "nefarious" circumstances.

McLaughlin’s family has advised detectives that this is completely out of the ordinary.

POSTED 7:22 AM, JUNE 3, 2015

Buick 78 Linda drives.jpg
    Last edited by FindHG; 06-03-2015 at 12:44 PM.

St. Louis County Police FB post for Linda McLaughlin

Check the comments for a link to Linda's FB

I'm pretty sure this lady came into a shop I worked at for years. The fact that she's missing and has a divorce hearing scheduled for tomorrow is to much of a coincidence.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Updated at 8:45 p.m. with comments from son and police spokesman.
    Police took a missing person report but, after some investigating, asked St. Louis County detectives to take over the case. Police say they haven't determined what happened but they fear she could have been the victim of a crime. A settlement conference was scheduled for Thursday in her pending divorce from her husband after 35 years of marriage, court records say. She filed for divorce in December.

Mary Davidson, the attorney for McLaughlin, said Wednesday that the settlement hearing would be rescheduled in light of her client's disappearance.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She alleged, in court papers, that he had screamed at her, threatened her and destroyed and booby-trapped items in the home.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...594a9a8ff.html

What a horrible thing to do! I am speechless.

The son released a statement that the proceedings were going along and they had come to compromises.
    http://fox2now.com/2015/06/04/family...nt-on-divorce/

The newscaster also said that she was out with friends the night before but are not saying with who or where. Property in Gerald MO was also searched which the couple own.

Her car was found in South St Louis near Carondelet park. Since info hasn't been released on who she was with or where we don't know if it was this area. From her home to the park is about 10miles.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...8da4b9b7c.html

another picture of linda

Neighbors said Linda McLaughlin took care of her grandchildren at her home in the mornings and kept her neighbors, who were closely knit, abreast of her activities. They said it was out of character for her to leave without notifying anyone. She went to dinner Monday night with a group of friends she walks at a mall with, dropped them off at their homes, and hasn't been seen since.

St. Louis County police Sgt. Brian Schellman said that detectives talked to family members at length, including the woman's husband, and feel she might be the victim of a crime.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...594a9a8ff.html
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

Quote Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post
    The son released a statement that the proceedings were going along and they had come to compromises.

The newscaster also said that she was out with friends the night before but are not saying with who or where. Property in Gerald MO was also searched which the couple own.
    from your link luvhockey:

After the petition for divorce was filed, the couple still lived together in their Sunset Hills home, but things were not going well. They lived in separate rooms; she was downstairs in the bedroom basement. In an order of protection, Linda alleged that her husband threatened her and that one time he screamed and cussed at her in front of a grandchild and later threatened to electrocute Linda by rigging the door to the room he was staying in. It’s important to remember these are allegations she made as she filed for the protective order.

County police again said they could use help from the public in their investigation.

bbm.............omg..........this is not going to end well

~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

McLaughlin search continues in Gerald, Missouri
    7:16 p.m. CDT June 5, 2015

snipped
    Police told NewsChannel 5 they searched 40 acres of family owned property in Gerald, Missouri on Wednesday and then returned for a more thorough search on Friday; this time with 50 officers from both the St. Louis County and Franklin County Sheriff Department and a cadaver dog.

At this point police have found nothing and the search for McLaughlin remains a missing persons case.
    Video at the link.

I just found out this is my cousin's aunt. This case is receiving a ton of publicity locally, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here.

Update: the husband (is he a POI yet?) is my cousin's dad's brother. My mother has met this poor woman several times.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    I just found out this is my cousin's aunt. This case is receiving a ton of publicity locally, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here.

Update: the husband (is he a POI yet?) is my cousin's dad's brother. My mother has met this poor woman several times.
    MSM hasn't named one yet, but I think I might have one.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post

she's been on my mind constantly since i stumbled upon this thread

anything new since these last posted reports? as far as the husband, i haven't read where they have come out and named him a POI as of yet, but they've searched the business and they said in one report that they left there with evidence.......

and they also said that evidence gathered is what led to the search of the 40 acre property, not the fact that her car was found there...........

so worried for her
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast