Found Deceased MO - Linda McLaughlin, 57, Sunset Hills, 1 June 2015 *Arrests*

luckyseven

Reaction score
Police search for missing Sunset Hills woman
POSTED 7:22 AM, JUNE 3, 2015

snipped
Authorities say Linda McLaughlin, 57 years of age, of the 9100 block of Meadowglen Lane, was last seen Monday night around 7p.m. They believe nefarious circumstances may be in play.

Crimes Against Persons Detectives have been checking locations McLaughlin has known to frequent, but have been unable to locate either McLaughlin or her vehicle.

Her vehicles is described as a 2008 brown Buick Enclave with Missouri State license plate KA9-L4R.

linda-mclaughlin.jpg

I'm pretty sure this lady came into a shop I worked at for years. The fact that she's missing and has a divorce hearing scheduled for tomorrow is to much of a coincidence.

Police search for missing Sunset Hills woman
Updated at 8:45 p.m. with comments from son and police spokesman.
Police took a missing person report but, after some investigating, asked St. Louis County detectives to take over the case. Police say they haven't determined what happened but they fear she could have been the victim of a crime. A settlement conference was scheduled for Thursday in her pending divorce from her husband after 35 years of marriage, court records say. She filed for divorce in December.

Mary Davidson, the attorney for McLaughlin, said Wednesday that the settlement hearing would be rescheduled in light of her client's disappearance.

55705b112674b.image.jpg

another picture of linda

Neighbors said Linda McLaughlin took care of her grandchildren at her home in the mornings and kept her neighbors, who were closely knit, abreast of her activities. They said it was out of character for her to leave without notifying anyone. She went to dinner Monday night with a group of friends she walks at a mall with, dropped them off at their homes, and hasn't been seen since.

St. Louis County police Sgt. Brian Schellman said that detectives talked to family members at length, including the woman's husband, and feel she might be the victim of a crime.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_52474fbf-0216-52da-9b25-0d8594a9a8ff.html

The son released a statement that the proceedings were going along and they had come to compromises.
http://fox2now.com/2015/06/04/family-of-missing-sunset-hills-woman-issues-statement-on-divorce/

The newscaster also said that she was out with friends the night before but are not saying with who or where. Property in Gerald MO was also searched which the couple own.
from your link luvhockey:

After the petition for divorce was filed, the couple still lived together in their Sunset Hills home, but things were not going well. They lived in separate rooms; she was downstairs in the bedroom basement. In an order of protection, Linda alleged that her husband threatened her and that one time he screamed and cussed at her in front of a grandchild and later threatened to electrocute Linda by rigging the door to the room he was staying in. It’s important to remember these are allegations she made as she filed for the protective order.

County police again said they could use help from the public in their investigation.

bbm.............omg..........this is not going to end well :(

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/04/family-of-missing-sunset-hills-woman-issues-statement-on-divorce/

McLaughlin search continues in Gerald, Missouri
7:16 p.m. CDT June 5, 2015

snipped
Police told NewsChannel 5 they searched 40 acres of family owned property in Gerald, Missouri on Wednesday and then returned for a more thorough search on Friday; this time with 50 officers from both the St. Louis County and Franklin County Sheriff Department and a cadaver dog.

At this point police have found nothing and the search for McLaughlin remains a missing persons case.

Video at the link.

I just found out this is my cousin's aunt. This case is receiving a ton of publicity locally, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here.

Update: the husband (is he a POI yet?) is my cousin's dad's brother. My mother has met this poor woman several times.

I just found out this is my cousin's aunt. This case is receiving a ton of publicity locally, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here.

Update: the husband (is he a POI yet?) is my cousin's dad's brother. My mother has met this poor woman several times.

MSM hasn't named one yet, but I think I might have one. :wink:

she's been on my mind constantly since i stumbled upon this thread :(

anything new since these last posted reports? as far as the husband, i haven't read where they have come out and named him a POI as of yet, but they've searched the business and they said in one report that they left there with evidence.......

and they also said that evidence gathered is what led to the search of the 40 acre property, not the fact that her car was found there...........

so worried for her :(

she's been on my mind constantly since i stumbled upon this thread :(

anything new since these last posted reports? as far as the husband, i haven't read where they have come out and named him a POI as of yet, but they've searched the business and they said in one report that they left there with evidence.......

and they also said that evidence gathered is what led to the search of the 40 acre property, not the fact that her car was found there...........

so worried for her :(
Her car was not found on the property. It was found 10 miles from her home on a city street in south city. Incidentally a stone's throw from my parents' house.

My cousin is distraught, her aunt was at her wedding and, although I don't think they were close (parents divorced when she was very young), they were certainly well acquainted.

Her car was not found on the property. It was found 10 miles from her home on a city street in south city. Incidentally a stone's throw from my parents' house.

My cousin is distraught, her aunt was at her wedding and, although I don't think they were close (parents divorced when she was very young), they were certainly well acquainted.

My thoughts are with your cousin. It is so hard when you are personally linked to something like this. Give her a hug from us!

oh my goodness azure, thank you for setting me straight, i've read too many cases today and have confused my facts, my apologies :blushing:

my prayers to your cousin and sending my best wishes to all of linda's loved ones.......i just am so worried for her, we see this time and time again i'm afraid :(

thank you so much for the info, i'll be glued to this thread today and hoping for good news, fingers crossed........

:rose: linda.......holding onto hope

Police search Franklin County farm for signs of missing Sunset Hills woman after car is found

UPDATED WITH COMMENTS FROM COUNTY POLICE AT 1 P.M. SATURDAY

(snip)
McLaughlin was not at her home Tuesday in the 9100 block of Meadowglen Lane when her daughter-in-law arrived with the grandchildren she baby-sat.

One of the couple’s sons found GPS data showing that his mother’s 2008 Buick Enclave went from Kirkwood to the family’s business, McLaughlin Hoist and Crane, in Fenton on Monday.

(snip)
The GPS device that tracked the vehicle’s movements had been removed from her car and police found it in a toolbox inside the business, the sources said. The business is about a mile south of the Meramec River.

(snip)
Neighbors said Linda McLaughlin took care of her grandchildren at her home in the mornings and kept her neighbors, who were closely knit, abreast of her activities. They said it was out of character for her to leave without notifying anyone.

A close friend, Becky Ziegler, 53, of Crestwood, said she and Linda McLaughlin talked and texted every day.

Linda McLaughlin’s cellphone is missing, and she has not responded to text messages or phone calls, according to a police source.

“If she were alive, she would have called us,” Ziegler said. “I know my friend. I know my friend would never leave me.”

(snip)
Johnny McLaughlin, one of the couple’s two adult sons, told a reporter Wednesday that the family was searching for his mother. He said his father declined to be interviewed; his father has spent several hours overnight Tuesday and into Wednesday morning meeting with detectives. Schellman said the senior John McLaughlin had come in voluntarily to meet with detectives.
-----------more at link: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_a37b2640-4435-578e-b6bc-4498da4b9b7c.html

:rose: linda.......holding onto hope

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back