1213 users online (274 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Unknown - Video of baby abused by being swung around in a tub of water

I didn't see anything here about this. I thought it was a hoax but not sure. I only have seen a blurred out video of the baby/infant.

WARNING! DISTURBING CONTENT!

This video was posted on facebook and the poster is unknown. I don't know how this is even possible but I'm sure WS'ers can break this one. The baby is crying throughout and is being swung around by his arms and is at one point upside down. Not sure why Toronto police got the heads up about this video either.

Video at link (not the original from facebook): http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-po...ound-1.2403482

I'm looking for the original video of this. Not sure yet if it's a hoax since I haven't seen the unblurred version. I was afraid to watch this.

Toronto police are looking to identify the baby and the mother. The country of origin isn't even known. Apparently the mother is not speaking English either so it will be difficult. Her face is not showing in the video but she is wearing a distinctive shirt IMO.

OK is this one of those extreme yoga mom videos or something? I found an unblurred one here. Still disturbing. Is this a crime or ???? Not sure if this is OK for a small baby.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/videos/2...und-in-bathtub

This puts me in mind of that extreme baby yoga thing where babies are being swung around but incorporates repeated submersion in water to boot.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

I just saw the blurred video. It made me tear up. The baby at the end stops crying. Almost like it passed out. It's horrific. I just want to grab them and hug them. Kiss them. That's torture for the baby😢

I think it is supposed to be a version of that baby yoga thing. Towards the end when the baby stops crying I thought the same thing, ms. He just abruptly stops making a sound, like he just gave up.

Did you see towards the end when she grabs hold of his HEAD and spins him around?
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

The video was posted by someone in Saudi Arabia. She also posted a video of 2 babies in a tub of water. The babies have air filled rings around their necks to keep their heads from going underwater and they are floating, hung by the rings. These babies aren't crying but are just moving their legs around like they are using them to balance themselves. The woman puts water on their heads and moves them around a few times. The one baby looked like it was about to fall asleep. This certainly isn't anything I would do with a baby but apparantly in their country they think it is OK to do. The video of the baby being swung around and dipped in water repeatedly is very disturbing. It seems like the baby would get shaken baby syndrome and dislocated shoulders/hips.

Watched the clear video until I felt faint. I am no doctor but I know child abuse when I see it, That tiny baby was terrified. It is recognized in his crying, I also believe the water was quite warm due to the redness on his back and legs. Viewed not one good aspect about this water dropping experience for the baby.
    My precious children were never exposed to being tossed and turned in a bucket of very warm temperatures. Wonder what other unorthodox practices this woman does to her tiny infant. I grew concerned when he stopped crying. Perhaps he slipped into a zoned out segment of his brain that helps protect us from terrorizing experiences. Similar to the beginning of developing multiple personalities. Baby needs a new home with normal parental caretaker parents.

JHO * MOO nd all that jazz

If this is some type of cultural practice what would be the purpose?What are they trying to achieve by torturing an infant?Are they toughening a boy child for manhood?Someone mentioned Saudi Arabia that is why I am thinking along these lines.Reminds me of waterboarding.
    It sure does not look like baby yoga.

Facebook pulls down some posts showing video of baby being swung around

"Facebook is pulling down a video of a baby being swung around by the legs and repeatedly dunked into a tub of water, but only in instances where the practice is being encouraged."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/face...ound-1.3101930

I've been so confused by these comments calling it "baby yoga" since it in no way resembles yoga to me. But it really is a thing. There is a woman that espouses it and teaches it as a way of advancing your child's development!

http://www.skepticink.com/incongruen...swinging-yoga/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosgirl View Post
    I've been so confused by these comments calling it "baby yoga" since it in no way resembles yoga to me. But it really is a thing. There is a woman that espouses it and teaches it as a way of advancing your child's development!

http://www.skepticink.com/incongruen...swinging-yoga/
    I can't believe there are mothers that say here take my baby and swing them around or teach me how.I would like to see a doctor (a real doctor not some hippie dr.)look at those babies for injuries on their still developing bodies.

I can't watch this .......how in God's name can anyone treat a baby in such a way.....makes me want to vomit.