DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 435
t7CaeeJbUCk7IRndhzMjC7hjqI355qAtCnotaTjdDA5-lrNPutCxhG6pgVeeH2v7YHVDSA=s151

Please continue discussion here

I said I find it bizarre. He had been to their home that morning and had absolutely no reason to presume Amy was not at home. He wasn't her driver or her employee.

JMO

Maybe SS told JW that AS was at the hospital as he told other people. SS probably told JW everyone was out, otherwise he would have left the money with them.

If he knew he was going to the bank based on the call on Thurs (I couldn't remember where he finally ended up on that story--I thought it was still that he was saying he didn't know what was in the package until the AIW employee told him) then it would make sense to bring a money bag to pick up a package. Maybe he made financial transactions all the time for his boss and needed to own a money bag and bring it around. I'm sure LE has all that figured out.

Sorry, I've lost the plot a little and missed some posts that I plan to go back to read. Do we know it's a "money bag"? Other than when I was a teenager and worked at the local grocery store (we had a deposit bag from the bank that we would walk to the after-hours deposit box, which was next door)., have I ever seen a bag that was specifically a "money bag". Every time people say money bag, I think of this: http://cliparts.co/money-bag-cartoon

Not that important, but unless it is just bad writing, these articles seem to suggest there are two doors with signs of forced entry:

From DailyMail: "Two key pieces of evidence that point to a forced entry are a photo showing an apparent boot print on French doors and a broken window on a side door, reported ABC News"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html

From ABC News: "The documents include a picture obtained by ABC News that shows an apparent boot print on a set of French doors and a broken window pane ...."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

It could be bad writing, but does it suggest two separate signs/areas of forced entry?

In my mind, I assumed the boot print and the broken pane were in the same area, especially if the doors were traditional french doors like I pictured. But, after seeing the picture of what the SW is calling french doors, maybe the window pane could be elsewhere.

Sorry, I've lost the plot a little and missed some posts that I plan to go back to read. Do we know it's a "money bag"? Other than when I was a teenager and worked at the local grocery store (we had a deposit bag from the bank that we would walk to the after-hours deposit box, which was next door)., have I ever seen a bag that was specifically a "money bag". Every time people say money bag, I think of this: http://cliparts.co/money-bag-cartoon

All I saw was red bag, not sure it's a money bag.

Not that important, but unless it is just bad writing, these articles seem to suggest there are two doors with signs of forced entry:

From DailyMail: "Two key pieces of evidence that point to a forced entry are a photo showing an apparent boot print on French doors and a broken window on a side door, reported ABC News"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html

From ABC News: "The documents include a picture obtained by ABC News that shows an apparent boot print on a set of French doors and a broken window pane ...."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

It could be bad writing, but does it suggest two separate signs/areas of forced entry?

In my mind, I assumed the boot print and the broken pane were in the same area, especially if the doors were traditional french doors like I pictured. But, after seeing the picture of what the SW is calling french doors, maybe the window pane could be elsewhere.
The broken window pane and the boot print busting in the door, are on the same french doors located at the side of the house. The door had a sensor on it, would he break out a window pane to disable the sensor?

The broken window pane and the boot print busting in the door, are on the same french doors located at the side of the house. The door had a sensor on it, would he break out a window pane to disable the sensor?

Pop, have LE confirmed that security system was, in fact, armed? I know it was reported that the system was usually armed. TIA

If you haven't read Spice-Nine's theory on DW's motivation, I advise that you do. I can't find the original post, but you can see it excerpted on Thread No. 9 on page 47. It's post 1157. To me, this explains so much: the timing, the obvious rage, the misguided motivation, the sloppy seemingly unplanned actions.

And I could see him mixing up the two companies mentioned in the post as well.

Spice-Nine, you deserve an award for finding this!

All I saw was red bag, not sure it's a money bag.

I've always called them "bank bags". We put cash, checks, money orders, coins in them to make deposits at the bank. They are handed back to you when deposit is completed.

I've read on previous threads here that BOA uses red bags for commercial accounts

Can someone help me with this? Why is this forced entry stuff is just coming out? Initially, Chief Lanier said that there was no forced entry and that they thought that the crime had to be committed by someone on the inside. Wouldn't they have noticed that the window was broken in the beginning? I don't understand why they didn't and I won't believe that they are just noticing. Also, wouldn't that be really stupid of the perp to break a window with the possibility that someone could see it? When VFs husband was there or when JW came to do the drop? Could he have broken the window on the way out to make it look that way but he really got in with no forced entry?

Pop, have LE confirmed that security system was, in fact, armed? I know it was reported that the system was usually armed. TIA

If you are thinking about NG's claims security system was always on, in her latest interviews she claimed security system was almost never on.

Can someone help me with this? Why is this forced entry stuff is just coming out? Initially, Chief Lanier said that there was no forced entry and that they thought that the crime had to be committed by someone on the inside. Wouldn't they have noticed that the window was broken in the beginning? I don't understand why they didn't and I won't believe that they are just noticing. Also, wouldn't that be really stupid of the perp to break a window with the possibility that someone could see it? When VFs husband was there or when JW came to do the drop? Could he have broken the window on the way out to make it look that way but he really got in with no forced entry?

Firefighters had to use forced entry into the front door. So apparently there was confusion if the side door was also used by the firefighters, but the boot print isn't consistent with firefighters boots.

I think LE have released only certain info for a reason. To not cast a light on the real perps and to not give them a heads up. That way they talk and leave clues. jmo

It may be that LE knows when the security was turned off and that the door couldn't have been kicked in without setting the alarm. There was an emphasis on how that the door was connected to the alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk