Found Safe TX - Tonya Judith Goodrich, 29, Granbury, 11 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Tonya Judith Goodrich

Local woman missing after calling mother
Tonya Judith Goodrich, 29, of Granbury, has been reported as a missing person by the Texas Department of Public Safety and on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) website. The NamUs website reported Goodrich called her mother on May 11, “saying she was on her way home to Louisiana.” Goodrich’s mother lives in Slidell, Louisiana.
http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/local-woman-missing-after-calling-mother/

Tonya Judith Goodrich, 29, of Granbury, has been reported as a missing person by the Texas Department of Public Safety and on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) website. The NamUs website reported Goodrich called her mother on May 11, “saying she was on her way home to Louisiana.” Goodrich’s mother lives in Slidell, Louisiana. Tonya was reportedly driving a gray 2004 Oldsmobile Alero (Texas license plate No. CNS2448). She was last seen wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans, has blue eyes and long brown hair, stands 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs approximately 120 pounds. If you have information on Goodrich, call the Hood County Sheriff’s Office (817-579-3316) or the Texas DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse (toll free, 800-346-3243).

With some FB sleuthing I was able to find and message her mother and invited her to Websleuths to check out the resources available here for the family members of missing persons. Praying that they find Tonya safe!

I'm local to Granbury, TX, and it is stated by LE that a call was made, but that they believe Ms. Goodrich disappeared while in the Granbury area, possibly never being on the road to Slidell LA.

Yes, it is definitely a trip which is driveable in a day. MOST of the trip is simply getting out of Texas- huge drive east to the TX/ LA border.

I'm local to Granbury, TX, and it is stated by LE that a call was made, but that they believe Ms. Goodrich disappeared while in the Granbury area, possibly never being on the road to Slidell LA.

Yes, it is definitely a trip which is driveable in a day. MOST of the trip is simply getting out of Texas- huge drive east to the TX/ LA border.
Thanks for that update, SeekingJana. Please post a link when one becomes available.

Thanks!

This is not an image of Tonya's vehicle, but a similar Olds Alero.

Y8hA2zs.jpg

link

Vehicle information, per Namus

Vehicle Make - Oldsmobile

Vehicle model - Alero

Year - 2004

Style - Sedan

Vehicle color - Gray

Tag number - CNS2348

Tag state - Texas

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/28904

Thanks for that update, SeekingJana. Please post a link when one becomes available.

Thanks!

Hi, Bessie,
I don't have a link because I didn't read it. I was talking with a Sgt. in local LE ( Hood county, Granbury) about the 2 young missing adults from this very small town within such a short period of time.
He said they were using CCTV footage and other identifying methods such as license plate photos on the Interstate tolls to determine her pathway and likely point of refueling, eating, etc.
He said none had been found since she went missing in May. I do not have any reason to doubt him.
Because of a lack of identification of Tonya on any video in any store or on the Interstate, AND also some things he said " were definitely local clues" he said the police are doubling down their efforts locally.

I asked why the Texas Rangers were not called in on her case in May like they were in Mr.Siddell's case. The reason is totally a head-banger.
The missing man has a criminal record and the circumstances of his disappearance are very strange. We knew about him being missing in 24 hours.
This lady, who apparently is a model citizen and a beloved daughter, is just now getting any publicity, almost one month since she disappeared. I want to know why there is such a discrepancy, whether Tonya was not reported missing for an extended length of time or whether LE failed to get the info out to the public in the midst of all our tornadoes and flooding and general chaos, including a gigantic sinkhole near downtown Granbury. It's a very small town and a rural county. I think they need help from the Texas Rangers OR the FBI.

The local and regional media have reported her as missing on June 4 but she told her mother she was leaving home on May 11.

Who dropped the ball on this? Did LE take the report and fail to inform the public until now?
Did her mother report her missing on or around June 4th? If so, why the long delay if she intended to leave home on May 11?
There has been MASSIVE flooding in Granbury and all of N. Texas to the border of TX and LA for several weeks. There probably has been massive flooding in LA as well because most of it floods in normal rains.

i wish her Mom would come here and give us some idea about the circumstances of her trip. Was it just to come see Mom or was there a problem with a relationship? I have friends in Granbury and have visited many times. It is such a quaint little town. I hope we hear more soon.

i wish her Mom would come here and give us some idea about the circumstances of her trip. Was it just to come see Mom or was there a problem with a relationship? I have friends in Granbury and have visited many times. It is such a quaint little town. I hope we hear more soon.

Yes, it is a fun little quaint town with local craftspeople and quirky stores. I miss " Granbury Live' very much.

One thing that people need to be aware of, and which I recently found out, is the very high ratio of RSOs in Hood county. This page says " Granbury TX" but it is inclusive of Hood County proper. http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Texas/Hood-County/Granbury.html
Quoting" [FONT=open_sansregular]Our database shows there are 132 registered Sex Offenders in Granbury, TX, a ratio of 164.04 offenders per 10,000 residents. This is higher than the national average of 14.40 offenders per 10,000 residents. "

[/FONT]
I didn't know this when we chose to live in Hood Co. vs Tarrant Co.
I have struggled with my sociological and psychological skills to determine the probable reasons for the high number of RSOs in Hood County.
I can determine with some accuracy that:
1) This is not a county with large number of familial multi-generational RSOs. ( Maybe because the mandated registration leaves out some older family, IDK for certain).
2) Most crimes are against minors, but some are sexual assaults on adult females by a male perp. Thus, the male was also probably a legal adult at the time he committed the sexual assault ( rape).
3) This area is highly touted as a resort community. Granbury's revenue from tourism alone in 2014 was $44 MILLION dollars.
4) There is a huge income divide: Basically, there are the gated waterfront communities in Granbury ( about 4 of them), there is the very large private luxury waterfront community in the county- Pecan Plantation, where I live, and also DeCordova Bend ( which is more of an average household income, smaller house size and smaller land mass private community which is a " cousin" to Pecan, started by the same family).
5) There are three basic types of county residences: the farms, the small sub-divisions, and the trailer parks. Lots of manufactured housing that is both waterfront and rental property.
6) It can be argued that there is a severe and clear divide between the wealthy and the poor in this county. There is very little crime reported from the high end private communities, and what does occur is usually domestic crime.
7) The designation as a " resort town" MAY attract RSOs as the cost of living in a manufactured home is low with low rent. It gets extremely hot here but never extremely cold.
Hunting and fishing for food is probably easy ( I don't do either one but know people who enjoy both recreationally).
8) MAYBE our DA staff, both past and present, is diligent to report new sex offenders. IDK.

No matter what factors are at work, there is a huge hidden danger in Hood Co. A more than 100 times greater sex offender rate than would be expected is alarming. This means that women and children are in more danger in general than in most counties and towns the size of Granbury.
Something we probably should be aware of when we are discussing missing women in or around Granbury, IMO.

Our database shows there are 132 registered Sex Offenders in Granbury, TX, a ratio of 164.04 offenders per 10,000 residents. This is higher than the national average of 14.40 offenders per 10,000 residents. "

Wow, that is a sobering statistic and quite scary if you are raising children there.

I wish we knew more about Tonya...where she works...does she have children...a significant other or perhaps a relationship she was trying to get away from? I'm still praying for her to be found safe.

Sheriff: No indication missing Granbury woman found in Longview was abducted

.FOUND SAFE IN LONGVIEW, TX, WITH UNIDENTIFIED MALE
June 10, 2015

Tonya Judith Goodrich, a 29-year-old Granbury woman missing since placing a phone call to her mother on May 11, was located this morning (June 10) by Longview police, and there was no indication she had been abducted, according to Hood County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Johnny Rose. A spokesperson for the Longview Police said that Goodrich was found along with a man after they responded to a call concerning suspicious activity at a motel. No arrests were made.
Source: www.hcn.com ( Hood County News)

I have read and re-read your posts. Tonya still has not contacted her family. None of this makes sense. Could someone kindly direct me in the way to go.

I have read and re-read your posts. Tonya still has not contacted her family. None of this makes sense. Could someone kindly direct me in the way to go.
I don't know if this helps, but I listened to my grandma's scanner a lot. Sometimes, for whatever reason an officer runs someone's ID, and it comes back attached as a missing person who is not a minor, they basically ask them to make contact with their family. Nothing else is really done if no crime has been committed. I hope she calls or makes contact soon to your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back