1040 users online (191 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,051 to 1,064 of 1064
    If no one minds - I'm going to Alert a Mod to give us a new thread before Monday's court. I seem to remember some of you are having problems with this thread - as it maybe all the 1000 posts!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Hmmm, my guess is they do or is it that the CW has already discredited their witnesses... the 'can't remember anything' group. They still have that street sweeper though. Monday should be interesting...

The lead attorney representing Aaron Hernandez said his team may not call any witnesses in the former Patriots tight end’s double-murder trial, arguing the commonwealth has not met its burden in proving Hernandez’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

“We haven’t made an official decision that we are going to need to put (a defense) on,” Jose Baez told the Herald yesterday. “We are certainly prepared to, should we put one on. That’s something we are going to assess this weekend.”

More at link...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...jury_next_week

Also...

I think the CW can have rebuttal witnesses after the defense. Here is an article about his 'last' murder trial... It helped me refresh what happened then. He only had three witnesses called in his defense. Worth a read again... some things may sound familiar.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...d-rest-n336411

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Thank you, NINER for all of FRIDAY's Court Room Tweets.

AND thank you, LYNDYLOO for FRIDAY's Court Room Links.

I totally appreciate it. I will be watching the LINKS and READING BACK to all the TWEETS this weekend.

Just watching 1st link now.

Wow, Robert Lundsey did not want to be there.

Det. MacIsaac and his Team appear to be very thorough.

Niner, if a NEW thread is started, would you be able to put a link to the new thread on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by KaraKitty
    Niner, if a NEW thread is started, would you be able to put a link to the new thread on this one?
    When a Mod closes a thread and makes a new one - they ALWAYS post a link on their last post! So, don't worry - we won't let you get lost!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

I think Baez is absolutely wants to put on a defense. I am just not sure who he can put on the stand.

He may try to play up the THC found in one of the victims. But it is really pretty meaningless. I bet a hundred guys in that club that night had THC in their system. It does not mean that any of them did a bad drug deal with AB.

But he has to dirty up AB. I am not sure how much leeway the judge will give him towards that. I am sure he can find plenty of ****gs willing to come testify to help AH though. They just need to say that AB was known to rip people off and make people mad etc. I wonder if he will go that route?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    When a Mod closes a thread and makes a new one - they ALWAYS post a link on their last post! So, don't worry - we won't let you get lost!

boy have to wonder now if they will put on a defense...by doing nothing it sort of gives the jury the impression that they are confident and don't feel the state came close...or does the jury think they just don't have anyone? Tough one...I know the judge instructs the jury not to "read into" it but you simply cannot help it. I am thinking that may be what Baez does...clearly a marijuana expert would be foolish and blasted by the CW...sweeper is probably too risky...friends and family don't really work here...so I am prepared they may rest and are polishing up the closing. Jury been there too long already and honestly I do not think the state has met their burden. I think the psychology of no defense could work for them.

Quite interesting to see the 'Timeline Of Events' at the bottom of this wiki link (although some of the descriptions may be a little off). What a tangled web. The 'blunt master' who was murdered and the 'drug dealer' who was shot... but he survived to tell his story. The question is did the jury find him believable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Odin_Lloyd

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. The CW has connected all of the dots albeit a bit shaky in some spots but there is little doubt, at least for me, AH comiited these murders as well as the attempted murder of AB. Makes me sad in many ways but I just can not see any other explanation. A man with so many talents who let the fame, grief, power, whatever allow him to believe he could do as he pleased. Whatever the outcome, may peace surround all.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think Baez is absolutely wants to put on a defense. I am just not sure who he can put on the stand.

He may try to play up the THC found in one of the victims. But it is really pretty meaningless. I bet a hundred guys in that club that night had THC in their system. It does not mean that any of them did a bad drug deal with AB.

But he has to dirty up AB. I am not sure how much leeway the judge will give him towards that. I am sure he can find plenty of ****gs willing to come testify to help AH though. They just need to say that AB was known to rip people off and make people mad etc. I wonder if he will go that route?
    They can try to dirty up AB but no matter how bad they make him look, they're never going to be able to explain away AH and AB being together that night in a car, AB is shot and left for dead, and AH isn't bothered by the fact that his good friend is missing or what happened to him. How can the defense explain that away?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think Baez absolutely wants to see himself on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by jkly View Post
    I think Baez absolutely wants to see himself on TV.
    I think more than anything he wants to win this one...he never would have taken it if it were not a good chance. I guess withoiut knowing who he would put up hard to say really if no defense is a good strategy. There was another case where it imploded at the end and no defense....I think it was the Vanderbilt case and I don't think they put on a case which was bizaare as the state's case was strong ...also cannot overestimate closing by each side here...so critical to tie this all up because at best the case has been 2 locales and disjointed. Should be an interesting week !!

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71