KY KY - Glinver Keith Osborne, 67, Coal Run, 2 Mar 2006

Tulessa

Reaction score
I just found another cold case from my tiny home town of Virgie Kentucky. I was born and raised in Virgie, and move to EC after I got married.

Details

Age When Last Known Alive: 67
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 67.0 to
Weight: 225.0
City: Virgie
State: Kentucky
County: Pike
Appearance

Hair: Gray or Partially Gray
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: scar on abdomen
Clothing and Accessories

Transportation

His ford truck was located on March 6th, 2006 at the same location of his disappearance.

http://www.missingin.org/reg5359/glinver_keith_osborne.htm

On this date ten years ago today, Glinver Keith Osborne was last seen on Thursday March 2, 2006 at the Weddington Plaza at Coal Run in Pike County, Kentucky. His Ford truck was found on Monday March 6, 2006 at the same location where he was last seen.

Thinking about Glinver Keith Osborne today and wondering what happened to him ten years ago.

Thanks for bumping nero. I'll do some digging. I haven't heard a thing since I posted this.

New pic, or one I don't remember seeing.

osborne_glinver3.jpg

Ok nero. I posted all of his information on our Alumni pages. We have three and the peeps are from Virgie. Keep your fingers crossed!

nero, already getting responses. I went to school with some of his children. I'll research more tomorrow. Just not able to do it today.

Glinver K. Osborne – UNSOLVED APPALACHIA
On March 2, 2006, 67-year-old Glinver Osborne spoke with his daughter Gina about possibly making a bank withdrawal and going to a land auction. Later that day several witnesses saw him at the Weddington Plaza in Pikeville, Ky. An unnamed friend supposedly picked Glinver up at the Plaza to take him to meet someone else. This ‘friend’ had no information about who Glinver was supposed to be meeting (he claimed that he didn’t know who it was).

As far as what happened after Glinver was picked up, is anyone’s guess. I haven’t been able to locate any statements from this friend regarding what happened from the time he picked Glinver up until the time he dropped him off to meet the mystery person. I also read that according to Gina, this ‘friend’ has become quite uncooperative, and his story about what happened that day has actually changed several times.

osborne1.jpg

Glinver is a diabetic and requires insulin on a daily basis. Which leads me to believe that his disappearance was not something he’d orchestrated himself. Law Enforcement hasn’t ruled foul play out, and when you consider how suspicious it is that his friend that claimed to have picked him up has changed his statement numerous times and is unwilling to help… well… it doesn’t paint him in a very good light.

I have emailed the lead investigator assigned to Glinver’s disappearance, hoping that he can possibly shed some light on the grey areas of this case. I haven’t heard anything back yet, but I’ll update when/if I do hear back from him.

five_hearts_glinver_osborne.png

If you have any information about Glinver’s disappearance, please contact KSP Pikeville at 606-433-7711 or kyunsolved@ky.gov.

The Scene of the Crime: Glinver Keith Osborne - Mountain Top Media

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back