1252 users online (282 members and 970 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Jasper Co., Skeletal remains in mine shaft, Jul'15 - Jonny Slater

Hmm... Is it possible it could be a Joplin tornado victim? Are there any Joplin residents that are still un accounted for? Last time I checked, Joplin is a pretty small place and isn't near any huge cities. I know it's about three hours away from St.Louis. There isn't much to go on, as of now.

Shawn Gallagher - missing since 7/3/10

Sandra Spoon - missing since 8/28/05

Tracy Pickett - missing since 8/12/92

http://www.joplinmo.org/index.aspx?nid=490

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    Hmm... Is it possible it could be a Joplin tornado victim? Are there any Joplin residents that are still un accounted for? Last time I checked, Joplin is a pretty small place and isn't near any huge cities. I know it's about three hours away from St.Louis. There isn't much to go on, as of now.
    Joplin missing list reaches zero; death toll at 134
    June 2, 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/01/missouri.tornado/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    I'm thinking the only way that may be possible is if it were a homeless person who had no family to report them missing/unaccounted for? Although most of the homeless around here are known to the community, so idk. Wonder how long it typically takes to get results back from testing of the skeletal remains? Anybody know?

Clara Marie Grunst, perhaps?

Joplin is about 50,000 people, certainly large enough for one unmissed by others to go missing.

There are some big truck stops in Joplin. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that it could have been a homeless person passing threw.

Remains found in Jasper County are tentatively identified as those of a Joplin man who had been missing since last fall.

http://www.newstalkkzrg.com/pages/21718154.php

Remains Found In Jasper County Identified

[...]
    "Preliminary identification that we received through medical records. We believe that the remains we found are those of Mr. Jonny Slater, who was reported missing out of Joplin nearly nine months ago."

[...]
    "We're about 95% sure based on the medical records on the identification. We did have them sent in for DNA testing to be 100% sure, but that could take some time."

[...]
    If you know anything about Slater's disappearance, call the TIPS hotline at 417-358-TIPS.

http://www.newstalkkzrg.com/pages/21718154.php

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Joplin Globe:

The disappearance of Jonny Slater

---
    The case has yet to be ruled a homicide, and no one has been publicly named as a suspect in either the disappearance of Jonny Slater or his death. But Ginger Slater recently confirmed that she and her boyfriend are being treated like suspects by investigators.
    ---
    Lengthy article at the link.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/crim...687ed8e05.html

TerryRay Lynn Riggle waived his right to a preliminary hearing Wednesday and was ordered bound over for trial in Jasper County Circuit Court in the alleged sexual abuse of a child...

Riggle and his girlfriend, Ginger Slater, are also facing charges of first-degree murder in the death of Slater's husband, Jonny Slater, whose body was found in June in an old mine shaft near Carterville.