GUILTY MO - Jasper Co., Skeletal remains in mine shaft, Jul'15 - Jonny Slater

Hmm... Is it possible it could be a Joplin tornado victim? Are there any Joplin residents that are still un accounted for? Last time I checked, Joplin is a pretty small place and isn't near any huge cities. I know it's about three hours away from St.Louis. There isn't much to go on, as of now. :(

Hmm... Is it possible it could be a Joplin tornado victim? Are there any Joplin residents that are still un accounted for? Last time I checked, Joplin is a pretty small place and isn't near any huge cities. I know it's about three hours away from St.Louis. There isn't much to go on, as of now. :(

Joplin missing list reaches zero; death toll at 134
June 2, 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/01/missouri.tornado/

I'm thinking the only way that may be possible is if it were a homeless person who had no family to report them missing/unaccounted for? Although most of the homeless around here are known to the community, so idk. Wonder how long it typically takes to get results back from testing of the skeletal remains? Anybody know?

There are some big truck stops in Joplin. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that it could have been a homeless person passing threw.

Remains Found In Jasper County Identified

[...]
"Preliminary identification that we received through medical records. We believe that the remains we found are those of Mr. Jonny Slater, who was reported missing out of Joplin nearly nine months ago."

[...]
"We're about 95% sure based on the medical records on the identification. We did have them sent in for DNA testing to be 100% sure, but that could take some time."

[...]
If you know anything about Slater's disappearance, call the TIPS hotline at 417-358-TIPS.

http://www.newstalkkzrg.com/pages/21718154.php

Joplin Globe:

The disappearance of Jonny Slater

---
The case has yet to be ruled a homicide, and no one has been publicly named as a suspect in either the disappearance of Jonny Slater or his death. But Ginger Slater recently confirmed that she and her boyfriend are being treated like suspects by investigators.
---
Lengthy article at the link.

From 2016:

Riggle given life sentence in murder

A Carl Junction man will serve a life sentence in prison after pleading guilty today to charges of second-degree murder and a separate case of first degree statutory sodomy.

Terry Ray Riggle, 32, entered the plea in Jasper County Circuit Court at Joplin, waived a background sentence and was immediately sentenced in the murder of Jonny Slater, 45, of Joplin.

from 2016:

The two defendants, including Ginger Slater, were facing first-degree murder charges in the killing of the 45-year-old man but took plea offers allowing the possibility of parole once they have completed 85 percent of their sentences. In both cases, that translates to a minimum of 25 years and six months in prison.

In addition to the life sentence, Circuit Judge David Dally assessed Riggle concurrent terms of 20 years for first-degree statutory sodomy and four years for sexual misconduct with a child. Those convictions stem from crimes committed in 2013 before the murder of Slater.

Wife, boyfriend plead guilty in murder of Joplin man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back