Thinking of the boys this morning and I had a question

JenniferTx

Reaction score
Hard to believe it has been 19 years tonight that Darlie killed Devin and Damon. I was just wondering if anyone had ever known what Darlie was watching on television that night while she was on the couch. Granted we all believe that Darlie never went to sleep that night but I was curious as to what channel the television was left on and what was on tv right before she snapped. The date of the boys death being 6/6/96 always bothered me as well.

HA! I never thought of the date my daughter was born 08/06/86 and weighed 8.6 that was too many six's for me ! I am still on the fence on this weirdness, I might always be, not sure, but that is a very good question, now I want to know what was on tv!

On this anniversary, what I've been questioning is how the boys were stabbed without crying out. Surely they would have cried out or screamed or something. How could you be stabbed like that and not yell? First, that flies in the face of Darlie's story that she slept through it all, inches away. Second, how did Darin not awaken from the cries? (I honestly don't think Darin was involved after listening to the 911 tape and hearing him learn about the murders for the first time on that tape - with Darlie's angry explanations and excuses. It's pretty obvious.) So... how was all this possible? Did she cover their mouths with her hand or a pillow? Were the first stabs to the lungs so they couldn't cry out? This part is a puzzle to me. It is part of the premeditation.

And, when Damon didn't die right away, wasn't she afraid he'd talk and name her? On the 911 tape, she asks Darin "are they still lying there?" or something to that affect (I didn't look it up). But what an odd question when your children are dying! I assume she was afraid one of them would be moving around and thus able to talk.

And finally, does she believe she didn't do this after so many years of denial? Has she blocked it out? Maybe blamed it on the diet pills? Or is she truly that heartless?

It sounds morbid ... but if you were stabbed through the eye into the brain you would probably die without screaming.

I mean by this they would probably die immediately and wouldn't suffer at least.

But they weren't stabbed through the eye....no head wounds at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But they weren't stabbed through the eye....no head wounds at all.

The children were sound asleep on the floor when they were stabbed. Both of the boys were stabbed in their lungs, they might have been able to gasp but not likely cry out. Devon died very quickly and Damon a little longer. Also the house is 3200 sq. ft. the murder room was downstairs in the back of the house and the master bedroom where Darin was is upstairs in the front of the house.

Not sure why I was quoted there, I was just answering a question.

Not sure why I was quoted there, I was just answering a question.

OH sorry Armywife, I quoted you incorrectly, I meant to quote Zzzzz, my bad. I wasn't paying attention, LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back