Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

HOUSTON -- Authorities hope a reward will help bring someone forward with clues about a couple killed 15 years ago in an area of west Houston once known as Lovers Lane.

Officers with the Houston Police Department found the bodies of Cheryl Henry, 22, and Andy Atkinson, 21, on Aug. 23, 1990, about 100 yards apart in a wooded area that is now a business park in the 1300 block of Enclave Round.

Investigators said they have run extensive DNA tests on evidence found at the scene and have interviewed dozens of possible suspects but nothing has led to an arrest.

Police said that the killer raped Henry, leaving behind his DNA. Both victims' throats were slashed.

"The ethnicity of the individual who left the suspect sample is 100 percent European," said Sgt. Billy Belk, with the Houston Police Department.

Investigators believe more than one person was involved in the killings.

Authorities released a note that surfaced in 2000, 10 years after the couple was killed. In the note, the writer demanded $100,000 to reveal the killers' identities. Investigators said the note was anonymously mailed to investigators in March 2001. No one ever came forward and the letter-writer was never found.

The victims' families spoke at a Crime Stoppers news conference Tuesday morning.

"He won't have a family, children, grandchildren. I'll never have grandchildren," Atkinson's mother, Ann Fowler said.

The families hope someone will recognize the handwriting in the note.

"School teachers -- people who've known people who've written like this -- bankers," father Bob Henry said.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in these cases. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS.

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=7&id=25590

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

Actually, there was a pic of the note in the online story and in the newspapers here in houston. Also, all the local new stations had a pic of it on their websites.

Here is a pic of Andy and Cheryl and possibly the note unless it has been deleted now.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4885372/detail.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

pic of note

Yes, the pic of the note is in that link.

Thank you and so far nothing came from the note. You would think that someone in Houston would recognize that handwriting and come forward. Anyway, I think a whole lot of things about this and nothing has happened in over 15 years. Thanks for reading!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Cheryl

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing this story, I won't forget about Cheryl. I had read about the story before and it had always struck me as such a sad and terrible crime. I'm glad to know that Cheryl's step sister is here at WS and still searching for justice. You would make any sister proud.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mullins For This Useful Post:

Thank you Mullins!

Bump..........thinking of Cheryl and Andy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

bump............

Such a tragic loss, my heart goes out to both families.
    Has there been much looking into what had gone on at the nightclub they were at earlier? How far away was the nightclub to where they were murdered? They were there with another couple right? I'm just wondering if there wasn't someone there that night who took notice of them and somehow heard of where they were going later or were able to follow them. Was there anyone showing interest in your sister, staring a lot? Your sister was covered up afterwards which makes me think it was someone who knew her.
    I agree with the poster who suggested having fundraisers to get the reward higher, it's sad to say but higher dollar amounts sometimes seems to make the difference in ones talking. Raising the amount also can get more publicity both by having fundraisers and then announcing the reward amounts.
    I'm with the other poster on this being able to be done with just 1 killer, he could have held them both with a gun and had them think it was just going to be a robbery, ordered her to tie him up, once he was restrained then he was able to victimize your sister.

OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Broad For This Useful Post:

15th anniversary today of my step-sisters murder......still unsolved......amazing with all the technology and valid DNA sample.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

Angry

16th anniversary today of my step-sisters murder......still unsolved......amazing with all the technology and valid DNA sample.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mocity For This Useful Post:

My prayers are with you today Mocity.
    Retired 08/03/03

thank you Shadow!

16th anniversary today of my step-sisters murder......still unsolved......amazing with all the technology and valid DNA sample.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast