781 users online (116 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Kaden Lanphear, 8, Needles, 6 June 2015

Kaden Lanphear

8-year-old boy missing
    The San Bernardino County Sheriff Department is seeking help locating Kaden Lanphear, missing since since around 7 a.m. Saturday, June 6. Kaden has been diagnosed with autism. He is reported to have walked away from his residence in the vicinity of R Street and Broadway in Needles.
    http://www.mohavedailynews.com/needl...6badce0bc.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"SBCSO police in Needles have reportedly located a backpack near the BNSF train tracks, which are near home of where Kaden Lanphear, 8, went missing around 7 a.m. Saturday. Lanphear also has autism. Air patrol is assisting in the search."

https://www.facebook.com/bullheadcitybee/timeline

Oh no...according to the above Facebook page, Kaden was found deceased. They believe he was hit by a train.

So sad!

Rest in peace young man and my prayers to the family. Very sad & tragic ending.

"Sheriff personnel have confirmed that Kaden has died and was struck by a train in Yucca, Ariz."

https://www.facebook.com/bullheadcitybee/timeline

Darn it! I really thought this little boy would be found safe. I am so sad for his family!

Trains and water...

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Trains and water...
    I am not well versed on autism. I knew about water, but not trains. I guess I thought/hoped the sound would scare an autistic child. My heart is broken.

LE confirmation:

So sad...RIP Kaden.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    This is so awful. Hit by a train.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    I am not well versed on autism. I knew about water, but not trains. I guess I thought/hoped the sound would scare an autistic child. My heart is broken.
    Nope. It is common for autistic people to be fascinated/intrigued by large machinery like that. Trains, trucks, bulldozers, you name it.

How terrible it must have been for someone to see that scene I am almost sure death was instantaneous for Kaden, at least. Poor little guy.

I saw this when it was first posted (unfortunately I couldn't comment at the time) and my heart just sank. I was praying there were no bodies of water nearby... So many kids on the spectrum who wander off and so many face horrible fates like this. RIP baby, I hope your passing educates others, especially caretakers that need to pay closer attention to their little ones.

A friendly forensics feline!
    #BringKyronHome
    Just MOO...!

My heart just breaks in cases like this. Prayers to his family.

Are there any answers as to why he was found in Yucca AZ which is about 38 miles from where he went missing in Needles CA?

According to this link evidence was found that he did get on the train near his home.
    It doesn't say but the train must have been stopped for him to be able to board it.

http://www.sunherald.com/2015/06/06/...ad-likely.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast