1074 users online (214 members and 860 guests)  

Websleuths News

Longislandserialkiller.com site owner/contact?

Looking for any info (name/ contact) on the admin/owner (domain history) of the infamous "longislandserialkiller.com" site - which is now defunct.

Here's a link to an article about the site.

Thanks in advance,

Danse_Macabre

Quote Originally Posted by Danse_Macabre View Post
    Looking for any info (name/ contact) on the admin/owner (domain history) of the infamous "longislandserialkiller.com" site - which is now defunct.

Here's a link to an article about the site.

Thanks in advance,

Danse_Macabre

--I thought I read once that the original owner cashed in and sold it when the site was hot

Hmm... haven't heard that one. Know they took it down bc of all the sniping.

On another note, you've been on my radar. Going to send you a PM.

Thanks!

The originator of the site opted to be anonymous - I'm not sure if he's come forward. The author of "The Lost Girls" may know.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/lon...claims-6709454

If I had some time on my hands I'd take a look at the twitter account connected to the site (found via the wayback machine) and make note of the first 5-10 people that account followed. I'd then look at how those people are connected, and then also take a look at the sole business that the account followed.

Finally, I'd look at who designed and developed *that* business's website and make note that the designer only goes by a nickname on the firm's company profile.

(meaning, I think that the site's creator would still like to have his[?] privacy protected)

that site as a circus
    Copyright © LINative13 —All Rights Reserved— Any duplication of any portion of this post except on Websleuths.com without the express written permission of 2013 LINative13 shall be punishable to the full extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    The originator of the site opted to be anonymous - I'm not sure if he's come forward. The author of "The Lost Girls" may know.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/lon...claims-6709454

If I had some time on my hands I'd take a look at the twitter account connected to the site (found via the wayback machine) and make note of the first 5-10 people that account followed. I'd then look at how those people are connected, and then also take a look at the sole business that the account followed.

Finally, I'd look at who designed and developed *that* business's website and make note that the designer only goes by a nickname on the firm's company profile.

(meaning, I think that the site's creator would still like to have his[?] privacy protected)
    Thanks Marble for that detailed response. We totally respect people's privacy and have made that a priority when engaging with websleuthers thus far. I understand in this world, privacy is king (or queen).

Thanks everyone. We actually made contact.