1020 users online (182 members and 838 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
    By Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
    Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
    Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
    By NBC Washington and News4
    Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
    Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

DC Mansion Warrant

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 06-11-2015 at 08:44 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

[B]I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    I was baffled by the money orders too, and over the weekend when I was with friends, I said, "I didn't even know that people use money orders anymore," without mentioning anything about the case, the reaction of several people was, "yes, people without a lot of money use them all the time. A lot of people use them to send remittances to family abroad."

I hadn't thought of it before, but I suppose it's possible that he planned to send the money orders to Guyana and skip the country.
    That would be a lot more money in Guyana, too. Good thought!

DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Please continue discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I think money orders usually cost anywhere from 75 cents to $1.50. I don't believe there is a fee when cashing them.
    Money orders are similar to a check. If one doesn't have a banking account they have to rely on check cashing stores which charge a transaction fee and/or a percentage of the proceeds when cashing. Only exception, is if you cash a USPS money order at the post office.

Wow thread 12 already. Thanks Mods. I hope we get more information today. It's already 2:30 so i am guessing we will not.

image.jpg

Good Afternoon

I know this is something we are avoiding because of the sheer terror or it but something that may provide more clues. Please excuse if this has been discussed but I haven't found it.

In the voice-mail that SS left, we hear little P in the background screaming. To me though, it's not just screams. He is saying something through the screams. Has anyone ever been able to decipher what he was saying! Was he trying to give a clue because he knew dad was on the phone and hopefully he would be heard? Just a thought...

How did you hear the voicemail ?

Quote Originally Posted by xanthe View Post
    How did you hear the voicemail ?
    I heard it from a link in the first few threads. It's in MSM too but the only ones I found there the reporter kind of talked over his scream (on purpose???) but not sure how to hear the initial one. Hopefully someone on here can point us to the right direction.

I don't have the equipment to pull out voices but know from other cases someone on here does have that capability.

Regarding the value of the cars. I don't believe any of us know what options these cars had or the mileage. You can pour a crapload of $$$ into a Mosler OR a Porsche, and, while it will bring up the value (a lot), there may not be a market for it. My husband cares more about the options in his cars and making them faster/unique than about the furniture in our house. It's a car thing.
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Quote Originally Posted by sellen75 View Post
    I know this is something we are avoiding because of the sheer terror or it but something that may provide more clues. Please excuse if this has been discussed but I haven't found it.

In the voice-mail that SS left, we hear little P in the background screaming. To me though, it's not just screams. He is saying something through the screams. Has anyone ever been able to decipher what he was saying! Was he trying to give a clue because he knew dad was on the phone and hopefully he would be heard? Just a thought...
    I don't know for sure if this is correct because I never listened to that voicemail myself (and to be honest I don't think I could do it...) and I don't know if I saw this on this thread or somewhere else but I remember seeing someone post that they thought he was saying 'what are you doing? stop'

Again, have no idea of the veracity of that. Maybe someone who listened to it could correct me.

I believe it is quite possible that there are many na´ve people who think being worth millions means you can just go to the bank and get large sums of money in cash just like that. In reality it just is not like that. Being worth millions means investments. Leaving large amounts of cash in a fluid account means not making any interest on it. It could be that these na´ve people were disappointed and angry that only $40K was fluid and could be accessed immediately. Even when and if I sell Stock Investments it takes three business days for it to "settle" and become cash proceeds. Dreams of a big payday may have been frustrated by the system.

JMO's

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast