SIDEBAR #51 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------
Niner, me too! just tried to turn off the talking commercial. I don't like them on any site
they are very distracting. I'm checking off too hard to post here. who does all this carp? we need help. :panic: its gone on too long...

:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/-super/knebimhcckndhiglamoabbnifdkijidd?hl=en-US

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/-pro/ocifcklkibdehekfnmflempfgjhbedch?hl=en-US

There's also an for Mac using the Safari browser.

Spellbound, the door slammed shut as I was hitting post,so what I typed is gone and I'll wing it.

Gunshots? as in bang bang you shot me down? Often?

[video=youtube;T5Xl0Qry-hA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T5Xl0Qry-hA[/video]

Anna's dog, Eva ,was abused by her boyfriend. He said she had to wear a chock collar because she wouldn't mind. She was three months old. Next he put her in a collar that had spikes. I talked to Anna about how wrong that was. (It didn't help that I didn't like him right from the start - just like her husband. My hinky meter was very high). So Anna walked in one day from work (he didn't have a job boohoo) just as he was throwing Eva against the wall, and threw him out. Eva carried many emotional scars because of him. My dh is the only man she lets near her. She's afraid of anything loud, and hides in the linen closet in my bathroom, and when the weather is changing she'll go in there. For us Benadrly is working.

Just listened to the video of Chris Martin singing at Beau's funeral....... Thanks for posting it, YorN.

Can you believe that one hundred and fifty seven days have passed? Summer is jsut around the corner.

1948 - The "Texaco Star Theater" made its debut on NBC-TV with Milton Berle as guest host.

[video=youtube;ZrMIZgYr4Kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZrMIZgYr4Kk[/video]

My left arm is totally useless ... cannot use a weed eater. I'm just scooting around on my rolling cart refreshing flower beds, pulling a few weeds and refreshing pine straw - one armed. These are my lillies. DSCN2273.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2274.jpg
    DSCN2274.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 269
:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/-super/knebimhcckndhiglamoabbnifdkijidd?hl=en-US

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/-pro/ocifcklkibdehekfnmflempfgjhbedch?hl=en-US

There's also an for Mac using the Safari browser.

What about one for the iPad? There are a few to buy, but I don't know if they are any good.

My left arm is totally useless ... cannot use a weed eater. I'm just scooting around on my rolling cart refreshing flower beds, pulling a few weeds and refreshing pine straw - one armed. These are my lillies.View attachment 76066

Last year I broke my right elbow, wrist and shoulder. The shoulder and wrist weren't so bad, although they did require surgery. The elbow (which required a separate surgery), was, as they put it "shattered."

I spent almost a year in PT -- 3x week, 1-1/2 hours per session. I'm pretty good now except that the elbow will never be the same again (range of motion is very limited). Needless to say, it was a very difficult thing to go through.

Since formal PT seems to be beyond your budget, please try to do exercises on your own. You can look things up on the internet, and probably get pretty good results if you do them faithfully.

But even as I say all that, I have to admit that my pretty costly PT resulted in a strained hip flexor, which has led to other problems (ahem, such as walking!?).

When I went to my chiropractor about it he was very tactful in not blaming my PT, just saying that medical professionals can get too focused on one part of the body without seeing how their prescribed advice can damage other parts.

Suffice it to say, it's probably just as well that you do things on your own and at your own pace.

ETA: And yes, I'm right-handed.

Spellbound, the door slammed shut as I was hitting post,so what I typed is gone and I'll wing it.

Gunshots? as in bang bang you shot me down? Often?

[video=youtube;T5Xl0Qry-hA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T5Xl0Qry-hA[/video]

Anna's dog, Eva ,was abused by her boyfriend. He said she had to wear a chock collar because she wouldn't mind. She was three months old. Next he put her in a collar that had spikes. I talked to Anna about how wrong that was. (It didn't help that I didn't like him right from the start - just like her husband. My hinky meter was very high). So Anna walked in one day from work (he didn't have a job boohoo) just as he was throwing Eva against the wall, and threw him out. Eva carried many emotional scars because of him. My dh is the only man she lets near her. She's afraid of anything loud, and hides in the linen closet in my bathroom, and when the weather is changing she'll go in there. For us Benadrly is working.

Gunshots ... as in stupid people who don't have fireworks and shoot off their gun into the air instead. Thabjfully, not too often, up generally only at specific holiday times, and usually not too close.

Poor Eva ... what a dreadful start she had. I can definitely understand her fright, and being afraid of men. I am glad you are able to have her still and she has a loving home now.

Our scaredy dog is about 23 pounds of mutt (beagle/chihuahua) and a sweetheart. I don't know what it is about certain trucks that she hates.... the street sweeper and garbage trucks are awful, but semis don't faze her. Her first year as a pup she stood up at the window and watched 4th of July fireworks with me, but the next year and ever after, they terrify her.

My left arm is totally useless ... cannot use a weed eater. I'm just scooting around on my rolling cart refreshing flower beds, pulling a few weeds and refreshing pine straw - one armed. These are my lillies.View attachment 76066

Very pretty lillies, daisymae! Do they have a very long blooming period? This year my major blooms are the peonies and peach colored poppies, and lots of tall grasses and many different hostas. Soon the Rose of Sharon bushes will be in bloom, too. Sweet rolling cart, too!

GigiG, that sounds so painful! You sure had a lot to deal with then. I am glad it seems to be pretty good now.

I once had PT for a knee injury that made my hip become painful and I could barely get upstairs to go to bed. I ended up sleeping on the couch for several months. I stopped going, iced and heat at home, with some simple exercise and did better, though it may have taken longer than expected.

[QUOTE=daisymae;11834120]My left arm is totally useless ... cannot use a weed eater. I'm just scooting around on my rolling cart refreshing flower beds, pulling a few weeds and refreshing pine straw - one armed. These are my lillies. View attachment 76067[/QUOTE]

Love the lillies. mine are the same color. Now that all the rain is over I hope more will come out.

Can you ask your dr. for some inhome exercises? I had these big rubber bands that worked several ways, and was to do the exercises and it did help in range of motion and flexibility

GigiG, that sounds so painful! You sure had a lot to deal with then. I am glad it seems to be pretty good now.

I once had PT for a knee injury that made my hip become painful and I could barely get upstairs to go to bed. I ended up sleeping on the couch for several months. I stopped going, iced and heat at home, with some simple exercise and did better, though it may have taken longer than expected.

Thanks, Spellbound. It was very, very painful. And also embarrassing! With all three major joints broken, going to the doctor was a huge ordeal, which I can sum up in one three-letter word: BRA.

If you've ever tried to put on a bra with one hand/arm, you'll understand what I'm talking about. One day, preparing to go to the doctor, it took me a good 15 minutes just to get the bra on, only to realize that bras and broken shoulders don't go together. Soooo painful! It took another several minutes to get the bra off and put on a very loose shirt. Felt so sorry for anyone who had to witness the drooping *advertiser censored* phenomenon, but at that point I didn't care!

Gunshots ... as in stupid people who don't have fireworks and shoot off their gun into the air instead. Thabjfully, not too often, up generally only at specific holiday times, and usually not too close.

Poor Eva ... what a dreadful start she had. I can definitely understand her fright, and being afraid of men. I am glad you are able to have her still and she has a loving home now.

Our scaredy dog is about 23 pounds of mutt (beagle/chihuahua) and a sweetheart. I don't know what it is about certain trucks that she hates.... the street sweeper and garbage trucks are awful, but semis don't faze her. Her first year as a pup she stood up at the window and watched 4th of July fireworks with me, but the next year and ever after, they terrify her.

Very pretty lillies, daisymae! Do they have a very long blooming period? This year my major blooms are the peonies and peach colored poppies, and lots of tall grasses and many different hostas. Soon the Rose of Sharon bushes will be in bloom, too. Sweet rolling cart, too!

We have the same morons down here. I guess they failed their science classes - what goes up must come down - gravity lesson that day. Back a
years ago a little girl died from a bullet fired several blocks from her home.

[video=youtube;SMhwddNQSWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SMhwddNQSWQ[/video]

Our lillies bloom though out the summer, but show more in late September and the fall.

1966 -- Gemini astronaut Gene Cernan attempts to become the first man to orbit the Earth untethered to a space capsule, but is unable to when he exhausts himself fitting into his rocket pack.

He needs to train by putting on a bra. I hate bras too.

[video=youtube;-TW_6STdyao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-TW_6STdyao[/video]

I love this one.

[video=youtube;xqxWhBZXF8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xqxWhBZXF8Q[/video]

Thanks GiGi, I'm moving it around as much as I can tolerate and doing 2 simple exercises they gave me to do. It's still pretty painful but I feel I will eventually heal - I'm a fairly strong gal. The bone is still "popping". Smoking and diabetes will probably mean a long recovery. Thanks for sharing and it's encouraging to hear of your progress. :)

Guess who has a birthday today?

[video=youtube;SbyAZQ45uww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SbyAZQ45uww[/video]

There was talk that Bobby Fuller (Bobby Fuller Four - I fought The Law and The Law Won) was murdered because he gave Nancy Sinatra some bad acid when they were on the set for 1966 movie "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini", and it was done as a favor to her daddy.

Yes, they have a long blooming time until it gets real hot. I also have a large bed of scarlet hibiscus (avatar photo) that bloom from now until the fall. I really love them both. Your poppies sound beautiful!

When I went out to get the mail today, I noticed a mysterious neighbor had edged my yard on the street! let me explain .. we have a HOA that is tough to please and 2 weeks ago I got a letter with 3 complaints. Weeds in driveway cracks, weeds along the house and mulch needed to be put down. This woman is most unpleasant and everyone detests her, putting it mildly - so that's why I had to start on the yard.
She finds fault with everyone and treats us like we're all in grade school!

In 2003 - in country music history Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man" is ranked #1 when CMT debuts its "100 Greatest Songs Of Country Music.

[video=youtube;CMXnu31-k_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CMXnu31-k_U[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth