Manson Prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi Dies

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Vincent Bugliosi, the man who put Charles Manson and his girls away for life died last night. He as 80

He had had health issues in recent years and the cancer that he had overcome three years ago had recently returned and metastasized, according to his wife, Gail.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-vincent-bugliosi-20150609-story.html#page=1

What a great man. I remember when he said he could have won the O.J. Simpson case with one pen a one legal pad. Bugliosi was smart enough to pull that off.

He will be missed.

Yes, he was smart enough to have convicted OJ--and proved it with his excellent book explaining how!

His other books--HELTER SKELTER, of course, but also AND THE SEA WILL TELL--have insured his place in True Crime history. (I didn't read his tome on the Kennedy assassination, but at the very least it is the most comprehensive book on the subject, even including The Warren Commission Report!)

R.I.P. to a skilled writer and a great legal mind.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. He was one of my favorite true crime authors. AND THE SEA WILL TELL is my all time favorite true crime book. I rarely reread a true crime book, but I've read that one no less than five times.

:rose: RIP Vincent Bugliosi

Rest in Peace, good man. I loved you so and didn't even know you. Besides, your many books, I loved your other books too. Fascinating read And the Sea Will Tell and can't forget The Prosecution of W. You were magnificent in life! I will miss your writings.

I too loved this man and am so sad to hear of his passing! What an incredibly brilliant mind he had!

How ironic - I had just been thinking that it was time to re-read And The Sea Will Tell.....amazing book and a real page turner! Truly my favorite of all time!

I wasn't aware that he had been ill....so sorry to hear that he has passed and my condolences to his wife and family.

Simply an amazing writer and man! RIP!

Very sad to hear of his passing.

I have never heard of And the sea will tell. I will have to check it out.

RIP

Rest in peace, sir. Your books were some of the best I've read Condolences to the Bugliosi family.

oh i am so sad to hear of his passing.......my first true crime reading was helter skelter and i was hooked......from that time on i was fascinated with the man behind the story and no, not charles manson, but vincent bugliosi, who dedicated so much to seeking justice for the victims of that horrific crime......he inspired me so much.....it led me to a career i loved and a fascination for true crime that lasts to this day.......

i never passed up an opportunity to hear him speak or to read his written word.......what i wouldn't have given to talk with him in person and have picked his brain on his life choices.......to have spent an afternoon with him, ah the questions i would have had......

rest in peace sir and thank you so much, thank you for all of the hard work you put forth.......for all of the victims you fought for over the years and all of the truth you brought forth as well..........for all of the justice you fought for and the wrongs you set out to set right, for a passion you stirred within me and a goal you gave me as well.........

for these reasons and more, thank you......my prayers to your loved ones, may they be comforted to know how much your life touched others......

rest in peace sir :rose:

Appreciate you sharing this news , Tricia, though it is sad news.
I still have my original copy of "Helter Skelter" which drew me into a world I never knew existed. Have read his other books, too.
What an amazing mind he had. I wish there were more like him.
My condolences to his family and friends.

I heard a live interview with him a few months ago, re: The Prosecution of W. I am glad I listened to it!

RIP to a brilliant man, superlative prosecutor, and sublime writer. Helter Skelter scared the you-know-what out of me the first time I read it, and continues to resound even 40+ years later.

Very sad to hear of his passing.

I have never heard of And the sea will tell. I will have to check it out.

RIP

And The Sea Will Tell will have you flip-flopping like a politician! One chapter you are absolutely certain the defendant needs to be given LWOP, the next chapter you are equally sure the person is absolutely innocent. A great read and a great ride.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back