Q & A Thread Daytona Beach Serial Killer (Ridgwood Ave corridor) **NO DISCUSSION**

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's how it works: Member A posts a question of fact. Member B quotes Member A's post and provides a one or two line answer, with a link.

Example:

Q. What was the name of the man who killed two prostitutes and buried one in his back yard in 2012?

A.James Lee Maxwel

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20121031/NEWS/121039943/1040?p=1&tc=pg
This is strictly a non-discussion thread. Posts containing opinions and speculation will be removed.

Thanks to Bessie for putting up the Q&A in the Long Island Serial Killer Forum. I copied everything she did there and brought it here. Thank you Bessie :)

Two questions:

1) Does anyone have any archival media about the case? We're looking for things such as archival video, photos, stories, things like that.

2) Does anyone currently live in the area?

Thanks,
Rachel and Josh

I haven't been able to find any video on Daytona or I-4 Central, but I have found some articles, but not much. There was very little on our victims as well.

Last night I was on ridgewood going south in a tow truck because my car had to be towed.while driving a lady ran out in front of several car's before the tow truck.I made the driver stop. When we was about to make a u turn at the reed canal light to go back north to help the lady I saw a guy coming from the side street he was wearing a blue t shirt and jeans he looked like Ned Flanders. When we got up to the lady she was frantic saying the guy was trying to choke her. In my gut I felt like she was telling the truth but south Daytona police department officers didn't they even said she was high...but she said they won't believe her and they were involved with the guy. Just because someone does drugs doesn't matter. Just like the case in long island when they lady was frantic and running for her life. I think the (LISK IS A SNOWBIRD WHO ALSO HAS A PLACE IN FLORIDA) SNOWBIRD SEASON IN FLORIDA IS (SEPT-MAR) DEPENDING UPON THE FINANCIAL ABILITIES AND THE SEASON OF THEIR HOMETOWN.

I am not currently impressed anymore w/ the DBPD. My sister in law Julie Lynn Seay aka/ DB 88-5218, VANISHED W/O A TRACE in Dec 1988. We have honestly had two Detectives in the late 80's and 90's that honestly seemed to work the case.They had a strong strong suspect but never arrested him.

Im of Asian descent, so I am particularly drawn to cases involving Asian people. I remember reading about her case. They had searched a property and dug up the garage about 15-20 yrs ago and found nothing. I think thats the last and latest news I was ever able to find online. I think they suspected her boss or some male acquaintance something? Hopefully they can solve this someday! I read she had two little boys, theyre probably around my age now, I was one and a half when she disappeared. Hopefully they can get closure someday soon!

WESH 2 has learned that a break in a Palm Beach County murder case may have led to the identification of a Volusia County serial killer.

DNA from a murder case in Palm Beach County could be linked to the murders of at least two victims in Daytona Beach between 2005 and 2007. The suspect has been detained.

Four women in Volusia County, Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green, Iwana Patton and Stacey Gage, were murdered between December 2005 and January 2008, though officials believe the last victim was murdered in December 2007.

The Daytona Beach Police Department said ballistics and DNA from the murders matched, but at the time they did not have the suspect's DNA on file. However, the Palm Beach County case appears to link at least two of the Daytona Beach killings to the identified suspect.

The Daytona Beach Police Department, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, and state attorney RJ Larizza will be at a press conference Monday morning, to discuss the major development.
Volusia serial killer likely identified thanks to DNA from Palm Beach County murder case

Thank you for the updates! Maybe these women will now get some justice and the families can rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back