746 users online (97 members and 649 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Websleuths Post of the Day 6/9 Seeking Jana & MagicRose99 TIE

WELCOME TO THE WEBSLEUTHS POST OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY JUNE 9TH 2015

BUT WAIT...we must go to yesterday for the Websleuths Post of the Day!

Thanks to Montjoy for nominating Nova for this thoughtful post

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Have you never hear a woman say, "I don't feel like myself without my make-up?" Because I have.

Have you never heard a man say, "I don't feel like myself dressed up in a suit? I prefer jeans and a T-shirt"? Because I have said that myself.

Identity is complex is for human beings and often involves not just irony, but the implementation of make-up, tattoos, clothes, a job, a church, a diamond ring, a family, and countless other factors that represent choices made to demonstrate one's persona.

Identity has to be PERFORMED to be communicated to others, and like any other performance, it sometimes requires props and costumes.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post11834010

BUT WAIT...THERE IS MORE...WE HAVE AN HONORABLE MENTION:

A very emotional post from steelman nominated by ModMaiden

Under: TRIALS Currently Awaiting Trial
    Thread: PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014
    Post #: 972
    Date: 06-02-2015
    Posted by: steelman

[Q] Everytime I come in here to catch up on this thread, it makes me sick to my stomach to recall what this guy did. It would be really nice if he would just make a deal with the D.A. and quietly go away, never to be seen again.

Taking this to trial is going to be especially cruel for the surviving family members. Imagine them having to sit in a courtroom while the video Graf made of himself with Jessica is playing on the screen. For those familiar with the Jodi Arias trial, this would be the equivalent of not only having the photo's she took during the killing, but having an actual video of her killing him.

Hopefully, Graf will decide not to air all of his dirty laundry in a courtroom either. Does he deserve a defense ? I suppose he does. Is it going to work with a jury ? No way.......there is NO defense for what he did to her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post11816873 [/Q]

Ok, fill up this thread with posts today. Is that a deal? Good.

Love ya,
    Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia; 06-10-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Pet Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99

It's one of the hardest decisions we ever have to make. You have to ask yourself:
    Is his life "quality" at this time? Is he eating properly? Relieves himself without issue? Sleeps and wakes normally?
    Or...
    Are you keeping him around for yourself and you just can't... let... go?

Making the decision to put down my 17 year old pup was the hardest thing I've ever did. I kept seeing quality of life where there really wasn't any... I just had a hard time letting go. When I finally said, "It's Time..." my kids and I let him go. My Frankie wasn't in pain any more. He was feasting in Heaven! Running and playing and fetching ball again! And was reunited with his friends, Chester and Princess!

Letting go is hard... but which life is better for him...?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post11833650

This is from Pet Corner and what I like about this post is how MagicRose99 shares the pain many of us go through when dealing with an aging or sick pet. What also stood out to me is how the dog was referred as a 17 year old pup. He was probably never thought of as a dog but always as their sweet and playful puppy. Pets are family members so it can be as difficult to let go as it would be if someone was on life support with no hope. This post is one that will give me strength and courage to say good-bye to one of my beloved pets should that time come.

I like to try to keep the WPOTD short and to the point, funny or poignant, angry or sad, but for the WPOTD for Tuesday June 9th we have two long and emotional posts. Both posts are worth every moment of the time it takes you to read them.

For Tuesday June 9th Two Winners:

First nomination is from Mod Maiden who says,
    "This is from Pet Corner and what I like about this post is how MagicRose99 shares the pain many of us go through when dealing with an aging or sick pet. What also stood out to me is how the dog was referred as a 17 year old pup. He was probably never thought of as a dog but always as their sweet and playful puppy. Pets are family members so it can be as difficult to let go as it would be if someone was on life support with no hope. This post is one that will give me strength and courage to say good-bye to one of my beloved pets should that time come.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post11820660
    The other WPOTD for Tuesday June 9th is from Seeking Jana. As our wonderful Super-Mod ColdPizza said,
    What a lovely post, brought tears to my eyes.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post11472728
    Ok, you have over 11 MILLION posts to choose from. Pick one. One for the Websleuths Post of the Day for June 10th 2015.

CLICK HERE and start nominating

Love and Kisses,
    Tricia
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214