1196 users online (163 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Kathleen “Katie” Barham

Portsmouth mother missing for nearly 2 weeks

"Police are asking for the public’s help locating a woman who has been missing since May 27.

Kathleen “Katie” Barham, 32, was last seen about 10:30 p.m. that Wednesday when she went to wash some clothes in her Churchland apartment building in the 6500 block of Bickford Lane, police wrote in a news release.

Family members told police that they haven’t heard from her, which is unusual."

https://www.facebook.com/13NewsNow - Comments
    http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/port...nearly-2-weeks
    map.jpg
    Last edited by los2188; 06-09-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She is actually 5'5" and has blue/green eyes according to the FB page. I believe this flyer will be updated.
    Hooks Up!

Www. Facebook.com/bringkatiebhome
    Hooks Up!

Respectfully posted from the awesome Klily444's link that was so kindly provided...

https://www.facebook.com/bringkatiebhome
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I wonder who saw or heard she had left to do laundry. Seriously its been almost 2 weeks. Where were her kids that night. Ugh so many questions. I am glad a detective has been assigned the case.

I was looking at her personal FB earlier this afternoon and now all posts after March 2015 are gone. There were tons of posts in April and May until the disappearance. I didn't see anything fishy, so I'm wondering who could have taken them all down? Strange and will take note of that!

So she goes to use her apartment's laundry facilities, goes missing, presumably no one sees "nothing", and 2 weeks later, we're just now hearing about this. I admit that LE generally knows so much more than we do, but how is this not fishy? She goes to do the laundry and vanishes. How is that not a red flag or of some major concern? Please correct me. What am I missing?

That's not a great area.

I guess this would be considered rumor since it was a comment on wavy.com's page but it seems she may have been reported missing earlier and the police department has JUST assigned a detective. Maybe they originally thought she may have left of her own accord.

This is local for me so I'm really glad someone posted it here.

But gone for 2 weeks? From all that I am reading on the Bring Katie Barham Home Facebook Page, it would appear that everyone is thoroughly worried about her being missing, using the usual "she would never abandon her kids" type quote. I hope she's okay, but from all that I am reading, this is highly suspicious and doesn't look good. No purse, no cell...the sad, but usual. I do wonder if her clothes were found abandoned, so to speak, in the laundry room. Of course it should be noted, this is all rumor and conjecture coming from the Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    I was looking at her personal FB earlier this afternoon and now all posts after March 2015 are gone. There were tons of posts in April and May until the disappearance. I didn't see anything fishy, so I'm wondering who could have taken them all down? Strange and will take note of that!
    I can still see them. Her last post was about 1 am on May 28, so that is after the time she was last seen on May 27.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

http://wavy.com/2015/06/09/police-se...smouth-mother/

Police are investigating why it took 11 days for a detective to be assigned to her case.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    http://wavy.com/2015/06/09/police-se...smouth-mother/

Police are investigating why it took 11 days for a detective to be assigned to her case.
    Looks like she was failed by LE. Such a shame. I'd love to hear what her family and friends have to say about this.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    So the bad guy got an unexpected 10 day head start. Lucky for him.

Evidence lost, surveillance camera's already looped and taped over, handprints and footprints covered up by other patrons, eye witnesses forced to work from long term memory.

Two kids at home with no Mom.

Marvelous.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast