Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kathleen “Katie” Barham

Portsmouth mother missing for nearly 2 weeks

"Police are asking for the public’s help locating a woman who has been missing since May 27.

Kathleen “Katie” Barham, 32, was last seen about 10:30 p.m. that Wednesday when she went to wash some clothes in her Churchland apartment building in the 6500 block of Bickford Lane, police wrote in a news release.

Family members told police that they haven’t heard from her, which is unusual."

https://www.facebook.com/13NewsNow - Comments
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/portsmouth-woman-missing-nearly-2-weeks
map.jpg
11406967_982942978397229_3194331679784897621_n.jpg

She is actually 5'5" and has blue/green eyes according to the FB page. I believe this flyer will be updated.

I wonder who saw or heard she had left to do laundry. Seriously its been almost 2 weeks. Where were her kids that night. Ugh so many questions. I am glad a detective has been assigned the case.

I was looking at her personal FB earlier this afternoon and now all posts after March 2015 are gone. There were tons of posts in April and May until the disappearance. I didn't see anything fishy, so I'm wondering who could have taken them all down? Strange and will take note of that!

So she goes to use her apartment's laundry facilities, goes missing, presumably no one sees "nothing", and 2 weeks later, we're just now hearing about this. I admit that LE generally knows so much more than we do, but how is this not fishy? She goes to do the laundry and vanishes. How is that not a red flag or of some major concern? Please correct me. What am I missing?

I guess this would be considered rumor since it was a comment on wavy.com's page but it seems she may have been reported missing earlier and the police department has JUST assigned a detective. Maybe they originally thought she may have left of her own accord.

This is local for me so I'm really glad someone posted it here.

But gone for 2 weeks? From all that I am reading on the Bring Katie Barham Home Facebook Page, it would appear that everyone is thoroughly worried about her being missing, using the usual "she would never abandon her kids" type quote. I hope she's okay, but from all that I am reading, this is highly suspicious and doesn't look good. No purse, no cell...the sad, but usual. I do wonder if her clothes were found abandoned, so to speak, in the laundry room. Of course it should be noted, this is all rumor and conjecture coming from the Facebook page.

I was looking at her personal FB earlier this afternoon and now all posts after March 2015 are gone. There were tons of posts in April and May until the disappearance. I didn't see anything fishy, so I'm wondering who could have taken them all down? Strange and will take note of that!

I can still see them. Her last post was about 1 am on May 28, so that is after the time she was last seen on May 27.

So the bad guy got an unexpected 10 day head start. Lucky for him.

Evidence lost, surveillance camera's already looped and taped over, handprints and footprints covered up by other patrons, eye witnesses forced to work from long term memory.

Two kids at home with no Mom.

Marvelous.

Her Facebook is still active. Her last post is time stamped May 28, 12:24 A.M.

That is just a little after midnight. It is being reported that she was last seen on May 27th at around 10:30 p.m. That would be about two hours prior to her last Facebook post.

Who lived with this woman ? Where were her kids that night ? Is there a man in her life ?

Who was it that discovered her kids were alone and she was gone ?

Article says her boyfriend RF found the clothes still warm in the dryer.

Uh oh, does this part cause you to raise an eyebrow?
Katie’s cousin [LD] says she learned Katie was missing because [RF] didn’t call her or her family until nine days after Katie disappeared.
“It left me sick. I am sick about it because I know the more time passes, the less likely we are going to recover her safely,” she says.
So why did [RF] wait so long to tell them?
“I just didn’t want to jump the gun and make everyone concerned for her before I was sure there was a problem,” he says.

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/09/police-searching-for-missing-portsmouth-mother/

I'm going to reserve judgement for the boyfriend until we get more facts.

It appears that there was another kidnapping just a couple of days ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back