Found Deceased NV - Jeffrey Kirkwood, 53, Buena Vista Valley, 16 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jeffrey Kirkwood

Pershing County deputies search for missing Arkansas man
"The Pershing County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a 53-year-old Arkansas man, who went missing during a camping trip in the Buena Vista Valley near Fencemaker, just east of Lovelock.

Jeffrey Kirkwood was last seen by a deputy, who had incidental contact with him on April 16, authorities said in a news release Monday.

Ranchers in the area also saw Kirkwood and noticed that he seemed to stay from his camp site for a few days before returning.

On May 17, one local rancher reported bad weather and told deputies that Kirkwood was not seen for three days."

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/...eputies-search-missing-arkansas-man/28736229/

Jeffrey has been added to NamUs as missing from Arkansas and a last seen date of March 16, 2015.
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Jeffery
Middle name Steven
Last name Kirkwood
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen March 16, 2015 00:00
Date entered 06/09/2015
Age last seen 52 to 52 years old
Age now 53 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 190.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/28994

This one took a minute to figure out - all the different dates and locations. From his NamUs "Circumstances" tab:

On 01/22/2015 MP Jeffery Kirkwood was last seen leaving the residence by his wife.

His residence being Yellville, AR.

From June 2015:

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story/news/local/2015/06/12/yellville-man-missing/71130150/

Nevada deputies contacted Kirkwood's wife, who said she had filed a missing person report with the Marion County Sheriff's Office in Arkansas. A spokesperson at the MCSO said they have not received that report.

She told Nevada deputies her husband's family had major medical issues since the time of his disappearance and asked that they deliver a personal emergency message to him if he is found, authorities said.

So he left Yellville in January, turned up in Nevada a few months later, and this was no ordinary "camping trip."

“Civil Air Patrol flew multiple aircraft search missions on two separate occasions, and ground units performed coordinated searches on two occasions as well as the smaller independent efforts of Pershing County deputies and Search & Rescue members,” the statement continued. Search dogs were used in addition to specialized vehicles to assist in covering the rough terrain, the sheriff’s office said.

http://www.fox16.com/news/news/arkansas-man-missing-from-nevada-campsite

It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any online news articles since June of last year regarding Mr. Kirkwood. So no new information we are to suppose? Perhaps with spring approaching it may be more likely that someone comes across something, some sign.

Jeffrey has been removed from NamUs.
I didn't find any updates.

I came by this case from a youtube video of some urban explorers who stumbled upon this mans last camp site. He was found dead and I believe no cause due to composition. Anyone who would like to see the video here you go.

[video=youtube;eitcSnJ5Zt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitcSnJ5Zt4[/video]

I came by this case from a youtube video of some urban explorers who stumbled upon this mans last camp site. He was found dead and I believe no cause due to composition. Anyone who would like to see the video here you go.

[video=youtube;eitcSnJ5Zt4]

I just came across the first video also and then there is a second Youtube video 'Explore with Us' did as a follow up which see's partial entries of Jeff's Diary which was located at the abandoned Telecommunications building it was said that Jeff moved to after leaving his initial camping site.
Between the time that Jeff's car keys and diary had been found by the Explorers until they revisited the location, certain items had been burned in the building, but not all things.
Blood was found inside the building on the floor and on cloth items. The Explorers used a Luminol testing kit on site but, never said if there was a scientific followup from DNA tests or if any further information was given for forensics.

MSM also covered the story of the discovery.

Here is a link to the videos One & two:
(1) Titled: Wait Until YOU See What I Found In an Abandoned Building In Middle Of Nowhere
Link:
(2) Titled: JEFF KIRKWOOD STORY PART 2: WHAT HAPPENED TO JEFF (JOURNAL REVEALED)
Link:

I just came across the first video also and then there is a second Youtube video 'Explore with Us' did as a follow up which see's partial entries of Jeff's Diary which was located at the abandoned Telecommunications building it was said that Jeff moved to after leaving his initial camping site.
Between the time that Jeff's car keys and diary had been found by the Explorers until they revisited the location, certain items had been burned in the building, but not all things.
Blood was found inside the building on the floor and on cloth items. The Explorers used a Luminol testing kit on site but, never said if there was a scientific followup from DNA tests or if any further information was given for forensics.

MSM also covered the story of the discovery.

Here is a link to the videos One & two:
(1) Titled: Wait Until YOU See What I Found In an Abandoned Building In Middle Of Nowhere
Link:
(2) Titled: JEFF KIRKWOOD STORY PART 2: WHAT HAPPENED TO JEFF (JOURNAL REVEALED)
Link:

Yes, i am a regular at their channel. I haven't gone over this case in a bit so i can't jump into details on this one. I can think of a few normal medical issues that would fit in with what was found but there was some strange things for sure

His NamUs page is still sown. I can't find any other source for this information, but according to Findagrave his body was found in December 2015.

Jeffrey Steven Kirkwood, 53, of Yellville, Arkansas, was last seen by his wife leaving his residence in on January 22, 2015. His bodily remains were found on December 9, 2015 in the Fencemaker area of Nevada.

According to his family, Kirkwood intended to "live off the land" in isolated "frontier" areas and had safely done so in other states in the months before coming to Pershing County. He was last seen by a deputy, who had incidental contact with him on April 16, 2015 authorities said. Ranchers in the area also saw Kirkwood and noticed that he seemed to stay from his camp site for a few days before returning. On May 17, 2015, one local rancher reported bad weather and told deputies that Kirkwood was not seen for three days. He was never seen again after May 17, 2015. The last location Jeffrey Kirkwood had been staying in, was an old abandoned generating station, left exactly as it was, before Jeffrey left the door for the last time. The police were never aware of this location. While Jeffrey was reported to be missing in May of 2015, his journal entries continued until they suddenly stopped on Monday, July 27, 2015.

Sources: Reno-Gazette Journal, June 9, 2015, "Pershing County Deputies Search for Missing Arkansas Man" by Marcella Corona;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back