TX - Police officer resigns after violent detention of teenage girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montjoy

Inactive
Reaction score
One of the officers does indicate to the higher ranked officer that he is a bit out of control imo by running up to him & grabbing his shoulder once he had pulled his weapon & pointed it towards the 2 male teens. The senior officer appears to angrily shake him off. Beginning at about 3:06 at first video link below:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...pushing-teen-to-the-ground-friday-night.html/

However, his behavior was totally out of control, over the top and he is highly, highly overly emotional to be a police officer imo.

Don't even get me started on this one...google the truth about this entire situation and you will see why officers acted the way they did.

This kind of media is EXACTLY what they want to happen. And spreading this sensationalized "story" of yet another racist police brutality situation plays right into their agenda.

<modsnip>

Does he come barreling (somersault) into the scene, or did he trip when he appears on the video? Looks like he may have tripped.

But, he's revved up, for sure imo.

Sorry, had to remove post with direct quotes from a personal FB page. Please do not quote directly from a FB page (unless it is victim or poi/suspect, LE or MSM)... just paraphrase and provide a link.

:tyou:

Also from a local in the news:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/mckinney-texas-pool-video/
So when crowds of teenagers showed up, huddling by the gate and shouting to let them in, things got out of hand. Some kids jumped over the fence, Embry said. A security guard tried to get them to leave but was outnumbered, so the guard called police.

Police would arrive, and one officer seen on a video later posted to YouTube, would be placed on administrative leave. The officer, identified as Eric Casebolt, cursed at several black teenagers, yanked a 14-year-old girl wearing only a bikini to the ground and knelt on her back. He also unholstered his firearm and chased teenage boys as they approached him while he was trying to control the girl.

Embry disagrees.

"Let me reiterate, the neighbors or the neighborhood did not call the police because this was an African-American party or whatever the situation is," he said. "This was not a racially motivated event -- at all. This whole thing is being blown completely out of proportion."

"I may or may not agree with everything that the police officer did, but I do believe he was trying to establish order. I am thankful to God that nobody got hurt," Embry said

The officer, she said, deserves a medal.

"I want everyone to know that the Police Department was in the right and protecting everyone," she said. "He was not out of line drawing his gun, because he was being attacked."

This sad incident seems to have been started by a couple of white adults telling the black teens to go back to their section 8 housing according to 'Badge Judgement'. Then escalated by the now suspended officer.

Not sure why everyone wants to always jump on teens for causing a ruckus.

Because the teens were attending an illegal party, ie one not sanctioned by the HOA. They were playing loud music that included obscenities in front of children. The parents were irate, needless to say and the kids were NOT listening. There are very much two sides to the story...just look at the Dallas newspaper for more.

OMG, that's inexcusable! :( When hubby resigned from LE, I had 13 teenagers show up in my yard at 1 in the morning. Why? They wanted me to beg him to stay. There's good and bad. This one clearly has problems. :(

Because the teens were attending an illegal party, ie one not sanctioned by the HOA. They were playing loud music that included obscenities in front of children. The parents were irate, needless to say and the kids were NOT listening. There are very much two sides to the story...just look at the Dallas newspaper for more.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't give him the right to put his hands on them, and sling them around like they were rag dolls.

Press conference about his resignation in about ten minutes. CNN is carrying it, not sure about the other news channels. Interested to hear his reason.

Chief Greg Conley: He (Casebolt) was out of control.

Mayor is speaking now.

My response was not a defense of the cop but rather of the white woman who supposedly told the blacks to 'go back to section 8'. I think she most definitely had a right to be angry when a mob of unruly teens invaded her neighborhood...

Chief Greg Conley: He (Casebolt) was out of control.

Mayor is speaking now.

Police Chief: Officer's actions are indefensible

12 responded

11 responded appropriately

I thought he pulled his taser and not his gun. Either way it was a tense situation with many charging at police. He told them all to go across the street. They didn't.

I'm so sick of people defending morons who challenge or defy the police. Listen to them so they can get the situation under control.

Has nobody ever watched COPS?

Sad that he resigned, but I don't blame him. Why put his life on the line every day, for people who have absolutely zero regard for what he does?

If you watch the ENTIRE video and get the WHOLE story, I don't blame him. Others just choose to judge based on snippets.... SMH

So far that is according to you.

'Badge Judgement' reports most of the teens lived in the area. True or not true? Not sure that the press is the only one to blame for false info floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288