Nepal - Families of civilians killed in US helicopter crash want compensation

zwiebel

Reaction score
The families of five Nepalese civilians aboard a US military helicopter that crashed on a rescue mission in Nepal, are seeking compensation. They are angry that it was only confirmed Friday that their family members were aboard, although the crash happened last month and the deaths of the six US marines and two Nepalese soldiers was confirmed within days.

They say they have had no contact from the US government, or their own.

Amir Katwal, who lost his father in the crash, said he loaded his father and other people injured in the earthquake in the helicopter, which appeared to be overloaded. “Two soldiers got off and loaded the people, and they all got inside the helicopter that had no seats and was crowded. I was just happy that my wounded father was going to a hospital,” said Katwal.

The marines killed were from Camp Pendleton, San Diego.

http://thehimalayantimes.com/latest/kin-of-nepali-victims-of-us-chopper-crash-seek-compensation-2/

I suspect it was a lot easier for dna matching of the soldiers to be completed, than it was for the civilians. But it is a shame and strange that nobody seems to have reached out to the families to keep them informed. They say they are going to refuse to cremate the remains they've received, which is awful.

Do they not realize that Marines and Nepalese soldiers gave their lives to rescue their loved ones?The US provided the support to help,kind of ungrateful of them to want compensation.I think they know the US is easy money,not to lessen the fact that they lost family.How much would their govt. been able to do without US help?They are not suing the Nepalese govt. because they know they would not pay.It is just an opprotunity, the US is big money to the world.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back