TX TX - Jennifer Harris, 28, Bonham, 12 May 2002

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Jennifer Harris-Holman was last seen alive on Mother's Day in 2002 when she was leaving her grandmother's house to meet up with a friend. She was supposed to return later that night and when she didn't, her family called the police. Her car was found abandoned at Lake Bonham and six days later, her naked body was found floating in the Red River. An exact cause of death has never been established but it was "violent and unnatural" & her uterus had somehow been removed. Throughout the years, there have been a few persons of interests but no arrests have been made. Her family believes it was someone she trusted and knew, possibly the same individual who she was meeting that same night. They are trying to get more exposure for Jennifer's case as they feel LE has not been the most reliable in trying to solve this case.

"TV Show reaches out to Jennifer Harris' family to solve cold case"

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/TV-Show-reaches-out-to-Jennifer-Harris-family-to-solve-cold-case-298250531.html

The FBI, Texas Rangers and Fannin County Sheriff's Office launched a lengthy investigation. The family says two suspects were identified early on, a former boyfriend and Jennifer's ex-husband.

But no arrests were ever made.

Schnieder said, "we feel like she knew who she was meeting, and knew who they were and voluntarily got in their automobile."

The family says they have waited almost 13 years for justice, and hope bringing the story back to light will encourage someone to come forward.

"Interest in Fannin County cold case heating up"

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Interest-in-Fannin-County-cold-case-heating-up-306677441.html

The TNT Show "Cold Justice" indicated it wanted to investigate Harris' death, but the Fannin County sheriff initially refused to give them access to the case file -- and evidence -- but has now agreed to meet with them towards the end of July.

Other Articles:

Father wants evidence retested in cold case - October 19th, 2009

Evidence Found in Bonham's Only Unsolved Homicide - 2009

New information on Jennifer Harris murder investigation - May 9th, 2010

Cold Case: Jennifer Harris-Holman - February 16th, 2011

More than a decade later, family of Fannin County murder victim still looking for answers -April 7th, 2015

Father of Murder Victim Jennifer Harris Holds New Conference - April 13th, 2015

odRRdbjhYfaDclo-800x450-noPad.jpg

Was she pregnant? If so, this killer knew how DNA could be used against him, if not now, later.

Was she pregnant? If so, this killer knew how DNA could be used against him, if not now, later.

The family and PI believe that was the motive behind her murder.

"Private investigator weighing in on Jennifer Harris cold case"

http://www.kten.com/story/29833394/private-investigator-weighing-in-on-jennifer-harris-cold-case

The Oklahoma City Medical Examiner’s office said all of her female organs were missing. The autopsy showed they had been forcibly removed.

Jennifer's father, Jerry Harris, believes his daughter was pregnant at the time of her death and there's a good chance that's why she was killed.

"She thought she was pregnant. Whether she was or not, we don't know," said Harris.

But the investigator Jim Holloway feels that if she was, the motive is very clear.

"The person that would have maybe got her pregnant certainly thought she was, because they went to great lengths to kill her," he said.

Fannin County Sheriff responds to controversy concerning death of Jennifer Harris

Throughout the years we have sought assistance from other investigators, to include Texas Rangers, FBI, and the Texas Attorney General’s Office. Even private investigators and cold case units were given access to the case file information, in the hope that we could find out what happened to Jennifer.

We have gone to other states with Rangers to interview people who could possibly have information. Fannin County Sheriff’s Office has worked diligently toward finding the answers regarding the death of Jennifer Harris and will continue to do so.

Regardless of what people keep posting, I have had numerous telephone conversations with the Supervising Producer for the television show, “Cold Justice.” I have had conversations with the Senior Producer for the show and emails to show that I tried to meet with them.

That was at the first week of August. Since then I have received no calls from their producers. I am not refusing to meet with the show, as is alleged, even though there is a written Attorney General’s Opinion stating that the information regarding the case should not be public information.

I have been accused of being “heartless.” I helped pull Jennifer from the water that day. Aside from her family, there is probably nobody who wants “Justice for Jennifer” more than I do. I just choose to not make the tragic death of a young lady a political tool as some are doing. “Justice for Jennifer” is more than a catchy slogan to me.

Justice for Jennifer Harris Facebook Page

Cold Case 2002: Family Seeks Justice After Woman Found Dead in Red River

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Cold-Case-2002-Family-Seeks-Justice-After-Woman-Found-Dead-in-Red-River-415358643.html

Six agonizing days passed before a fisherman discovered Harris's body floating in the Red River. If that wasn't horrific enough, the medical examiner discovered that her uterus was missing.

"If she was pregnant the killer murdered two people instead of one. It's very sickening," said her father, Jerry Harris.

Jennifer Harris was possibly strangled, officials determined, and her death was ruled "violent and unnatural."

Over the years there have been many theories and questions raised. Were her organs intentionally removed, or was it the result of freshwater life? There was no way to prove either, because her body was so badly decomposed.

What about the evidence? Her father says shortly after her murder, a person of interest was named by the Texas Rangers, but most of the evidence went missing from the Fannin County Sheriff's Office shortly thereafter.

"Lost evidence, lost her car keys, lost her clothes, lost her laptop computer, haven't followed up on DNA evidence," Jerry Harris said.

But all hope isn't lost now. Jennifer Harris's family says the case is in the hands of a new sheriff, who's helping them raise awareness through social media.

"There's somebody that knows what happened," Schneider said. "I do not think this was a one-man deal. I think there was somebody who assisted in it and somebody knows."

Boaters found her in a river 15 years ago, still no one knows who killed her

15 years later, Harris mystery haunts family, law enforcement

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/news/20170511/15-years-later-harris-mystery-haunts-family-law-enforcement

Jennifer Harris was 28 and at a crossroads as Mother’s Day approached in 2002. Some say the Bonham resident thought — perhaps hoped or maybe worried — she might soon be a mother herself.

Her father, Jerry Harris, has said in countless interviews that she was trying to start her life over.

But fate wouldn’t give Jennifer Harris that chance. On May 12, 2002, she left a group of friends after telling them she was going to meet someone. She got in her green, 2000 Jeep Wrangler and drove away, never to be seen alive again, at least by anyone who will talk about it.

Where did she go, who did she meet, what did they discuss, and what happened to her during that meeting are questions that have fascinated — and maybe tormented — two counties, at least four sheriffs, and countless other law enforcement officers for a decade and a half.

<modsnip>

&#8216;People were never into the facts&#8217; of Harris case

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/news/20170512/people-were-never-into-facts-of-harris-case

Former Sheriff Kenneth Moore said the case he inherited from his predecessor in 2005 was long on interviews and paperwork but short on concrete evidence.

&#8220;I mean you got a body in the river and you have to go from there,&#8221; he said.

Kenneth Moore said generally law enforcement wants to hold something back to be able to test anything someone tells them about the case. It seemed like there was an awful lot of information about the Jennifer Harris case out there though. If someone does come forward now, Kenneth Moore said, law enforcement is going to need something to test any statements with and he is not sure what is left for that.

The next new sheriff, Donnie Foster, was an old hand at the FCSO, having been Kenneth Moore&#8217;s chief deputy.

&#8220;I inherited a mess when I took over,&#8221; Foster said recently. &#8220;There was not much in the way of evidence to it. Anything and everything was all thrown in together and that is the way that it was when I got it.&#8221;

Current Fannin County District Attorney Richard Glaser also said the case is in terrible shape. Over the years since he was elected, Glaser has given the Sheriff&#8217;s Office money to help investigate the case. Glaser said the case is in such bad shape now, with missing evidence and other evidence that people question, he would have to look really hard at it before even presenting it to a grand jury.

<modsnip>

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Sheriff-releases-new-details-in-15-year-old-murder-cold-case--422141903.html

Friday marks 15 years since Jennifer Harris' body was found in the Red River. The case is still cold, but for the first time, the sheriff is naming the two main suspects.

Fannin County Sheriff Mark Johnson said those two suspects are Jennifer Harris' ex-husband, Rob Holman, and her ex-business partner, James Hamilton.

"The public needs to know what we're looking at and who we are looking at, and those two names are at the top of the list," Johnson said.

Johnson said both Hamilton and Holman deny killing Jennifer.

Hamilton took a lie detector test and the sheriff said the results showed he answered truthfully.

Rob Holman was also asked to take the test, but the sheriff said Holman refused and hired an attorney. News 12 called Holman for a comment, but our calls were not returned.

Were they able to test her blood to see if she was, in fact, pregnant?
I'm not sure how those tests work; if they can be done on a deceased person.

Bumping for Jennifer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Studies in Maryland, New York, and Chicago found that approximately 20% of women who die during pregnancy are victims of murder.

We also know that at least 20% of pregnancy-related deaths involve the father.

The uterus removal was obviously to keep them figuring out WHO the father (killer) was.

With 2 suspects in their sights, they just need that little bit of information to put it over the top! Her ex-husband (one of the suspects) has been the least cooperative and hired an attorney.

Someone ALWAYS knows ......

Jennifer Harris cold case murder to be featured on 48 Hours

After months of work behind the scenes, a 48 Hours episode featuring her unsolved murder will air May 19 at 9 p.m. CT.

Her father, Jerry Harris, told News12 he’s not sure what will come of the show airing, but that the process of sharing Jennifer’s story with the rest of the nation is a comforting one.

"It hasn't gotten easier over the years but I've gotten to where I can deal with it a lot better,” Harris said.

Watching 48 Hours right now.

Just watched 48 hours. Someone knows something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

May 19 2018
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jennif...-the-talk-of-small-texas-town-16-years-later/
The reason why Daryl Parker is so sure of where Jennifer died is because of a clue that lies on the river's floor a short way down the dirt road.

Daryl Parker: She had some blue mud &#8230; on the front of her &#8230; according to fishermen there are only two spots on the river within several miles that that mud is on the bottom.

And the river bank is one of those spots.
Daryl Parker [at the river bank]: This is that blue marl mud that was on the body.

Not far from the river bank there used to be the original caretaker's cottage.
Daryl Parker: And it just so happened that it burned down the night Jennifer Harris disappeared.

Parker suspects Jennifer left her friend Kristy Farr's house and met her killer here. He believes the cottage was burned to hide the evidence.

Jim Holloway: No godly Earth reason for that shack to burn at the same night Jennifer comes up missin'.

Parker hoped to find clues here.
When they examined Jennifer Harris' body, investigators were shocked.

Daryl Parker: There was a wound that affected some of the internal organs.

Her uterus was missing.
LOCAL NEWS REPORT: Her death was classified as a quote "violent homicide." Her uterus had somehow been removed.

Daryl Parker: The question was &#8230; What damaged her?

Jim Axelrod: What would've the motive been?

Daryl Parker: &#8230;that she was possibly pregnant, and that the person who killed her was trying to destroy that evidence&#8230;
jennifre-harris.jpg
Jennifer Harris

Harris family
Anyone with information about the Jennifer Harris case is asked to contact the Fannin County Sheriff's Office at 903-583-2143.

The investigator from Boston said that the cottage fire couldn’t be related because who would want to draw attention to a murder. But what if it wasn’t about drawing attention TO anything? What if it was to draw attention AWAY from something? While first responders are dealing with this cottage fire, what’s going on a reasonable distance away at the river that no one is paying attention to?

What about the fact that the killer removed her uterus. Not many people would know how to attempt something like that.. i thinks its Rob. However, they never seem to reveal what Rob or the boyfriend did for work. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be a doctor but at least know anatomy some what... i feel they haven't touched on that fact at all.. i duno

What about the fact that the killer removed her uterus. Not many people would know how to attempt something like that.. i thinks its Rob. However, they never seem to reveal what Rob or the boyfriend did for work. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be a doctor but at least know anatomy some what... i feel they haven't touched on that fact at all.. i duno

I thought that was significant as well but they recently said that this wasn't done by her killer.

Unsolved murder case is the talk of small Texas town 16 years later

Remember, there was no evidence Jennifer was pregnant and, in fact, forensic experts in Dallas would later conclude Jennifer's missing uterus wasn't even cut out by the killer. Instead, her uterus and other body parts were destroyed by turtles and fish in the river. But the rumors persisted and they had plenty of company in Bonham.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back