Tom Bennet Retires.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The main investigator in the Boulder D.A's office in the JBR case retired 3 weeks ago.

Yep. Tom Bennet retired and as far as I know, there hasn't been a person appointed to take his place even though the case is "on-going." Yeah right.

Reliable sources have told me Lou Smit is still on the case and goes to the Boulder County Justice Center a few times a week.

No one in the "Boulder Justice Center" (what an oxymoron) gives a rat's *** about justice for JBR.

So Tom Bennett retired huh?

What a month! TB retires and Burke moves into his dorm at Perdue...

About 2 weeks ago...Patsy was with him so her being at "death's door" must be within that time frame. She was very well dressed, but looked very ill and had a golfball sized lump on the side of her neck...

Rickamorti/pope posted about this at Purg...here is his/her synopsis.
I have a copy of the Sept 5 Globe and have no idea whether or not I am a week behind or early with this issue.

JonBenet's Brother Burke: His New Life

by David Thompson

Globe: Picture of Burke moving in to the dorm of Purdue with Patsy lending a helping hand.

Picture of Patsy with huge lump on her neck standing next to car with hangers in hand. (not wire, lol)

A rather good-looking young man carrying clothes moves into the dorm at Purdue in Lafayette, Ind. Globe spotted his ailing mom helping although she is moving slowly and wincing in pain some of the time.

John describes Burke as a computer whiz, whose hobbies include sailing , swimming and cycling. Friends say he is not as shy as he once was.

His academic abilities were noted in the 2004 yearbook for maintaining a grade point average of 2.88.

Patsy moved slowly and wore full make-up to hide the ravages of the deadly disease that has haunted her for years. "She mananged to take a lot of pride in her apppearance, she was one of the best dressed moms there."

The golf ball sized, visible lump, protruding on the left side of her neck, maybe a sebaceous cyst or a metastic tumor, said Dr. Herman Kattlove, who has not treated her.

"It's not a good situation for Patsy, but she was thrilled to be able to be there with Burke."

ok to copy to other forums

Note: to me Patsy now looks a lot more like Nedra or Polly. She is not heavy, but still not thin. At first glance, she looks like Polly or Pam.

pope

I about fell out of my chair when they said he only maintained a 2.88 GPA. I would have thought it would have been higher than that to get into Perdue...apparently their standards have slipped considerably.

Seeker said:
So Tom Bennett retired huh?

What a month! TB retires and Burke moves into his dorm at Perdue...

About 2 weeks ago...Patsy was with him so her being at "death's door" must be within that time frame. She was very well dressed, but looked very ill and had a golfball sized lump on the side of her neck...

Rickamorti/pope posted about this at Purg...here is his/her synopsis.

I about fell out of my chair when they said he only maintained a 2.88 GPA. I would have thought it would have been higher than that to get into Perdue...apparently their standards have slipped considerably.

Hi Seeker,

Me too. I couldn't believe how low his GPA was. If it is really even true that is.

Why_Nut pointed out something at FFJ and I am going to steal it and post it here. ;)

Tom Bennet was brought in to investigate the "intruder." His retiring shows there is not one iota of evidence of the "intruder." If there was anything to the "intruder" theory he would have found it.

What is a B minus in percentage terms? It would be about 65% here - which isn't *horrendous* (not brilliant but not paper bag over the head stuff).

I have to stand up for Burke here. We can't all be academic and 2.88 might have been a really good score for Burke and may have exceeded expectations.

Burke's had a tough life with his sister getting murdered and his mother suffering frmo cancer for much of his life. It can't have been easy to concentrate on his lessons all the time.

I'm not entirely sure how the grading system works anymore, but it used to be that 4.0 was an A, 3.0 was a B, 2.0 was a C or something like that.

So his grade is around a B- or a C+ I think.

I think he just made it...I believe, but don't know for sure, that begining students can't score below a 2.5

Tricia said:
Tom Bennet was brought in to investigate the "intruder." His retiring shows there is not one iota of evidence of the "intruder." If there was anything to the "intruder" theory he would have found it.

Tricia,

IMO Tom Bennett's "hiring" was nothing but staging to begin with. There's been no active investigation into the JonBenet murder for the last five or six years. IMO the crime was solved in 1999, kids were involved, and Keenan is carrying out her obligations in protecting the identities of the kids in accordance with Colorado law.

BlueCrab

Jayelles said:
What is a B minus in percentage terms? It would be about 65% here - which isn't *horrendous* (not brilliant but not paper bag over the head stuff).

I have to stand up for Burke here. We can't all be academic and 2.88 might have been a really good score for Burke and may have exceeded expectations.

Burke's had a tough life with his sister getting murdered and his mother suffering frmo cancer for much of his life. It can't have been easy to concentrate on his lessons all the time.
There may be some variation between schools but from my kids' report cards:

A=90-100
B=80-89
C=70-79
D=65-69
F=<65

It would be interesting to know exactly what his yearbook said. Praise? Teasing? 2.88 (unless that is out of 3 and not 4) doesn't usually get a mention.

Tricia said:
The main investigator in the Boulder D.A's office in the JBR case retired 3 weeks ago.

Yep. Tom Bennet retired and as far as I know, there hasn't been a person appointed to take his place even though the case is "on-going." Yeah right.

Reliable sources have told me Lou Smit is still on the case and goes to the Boulder County Justice Center a few times a week.

No one in the "Boulder Justice Center" (what an oxymoron) gives a rat's *** about justice for JBR.
I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing at this point. Apparently all testing has been done, all reviews have been made, the Ramseys met for several? days with the DA's office.

I don't think the BTK investigators didn't give a "rat's *** " about justice for those victims or those of the Green River killer when they took those cases off the burner. There is only so much that can be done with the evidence if it doesn't lead to a suspect.

Good for you Jayelles for standing up for Burke .. poor kid just can't catch a break!

I'm hoping he can lead a normal, healthy life,and not only be known as "JonBenet's brother". I'm sure he loved his sister,and misses her,but it's time to start his own life.

Poor Burke...he has had a rough life. I've always believed that the secret of who killed JonBenet will come out once Burke is away at college (and no, I don't think he did it). A couple of beers...and the truth will come out.

capps said:

Good for you Jayelles for standing up for Burke .. poor kid just can't catch a break!

I'm hoping he can lead a normal, healthy life,and not only be known as "JonBenet's brother". I'm sure he loved his sister,and misses her,but it's time to start his own life.

I apologize if I sounded like I was coming down on Burke. I didn't mean to. Really. I was stunned that Perdue would take someone with a below 3.0 average and that Burke wasn't going to M.U.
Also, for some reason, I thought he was a 4.0 person. I don't know where I came up with that idea.

Again, my apologies.

tipper said:
I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing at this point. Apparently all testing has been done, all reviews have been made, the Ramseys met for several? days with the DA's office.

I don't think the BTK investigators didn't give a "rat's *** " about justice for those victims or those of the Green River killer when they took those cases off the burner. There is only so much that can be done with the evidence if it doesn't lead to a suspect.

Tipper, if the BTK investigators or the Green River investigators, had one tenth of the evidence the Boulder D.A. has against the Ramseys, their suspects would have been arrested within a few days.

The evidence is there. They just won't do anything.

Keenan, if she has a decent bone in her body, by now should be mortified that she even thought that Santa Bill did the crime.

In once sense you are right. There is no evidence left to investigate as far as the "Intruder" goes. Because there was no intruder. Can't investigate something that does not exist.

Tricia said:
Tipper, if the BTK investigators or the Green River investigators, had one tenth of the evidence the Boulder D.A. has against the Ramseys, their suspects would have been arrested within a few days.

The evidence is there. They just won't do anything.

Keenan, if she has a decent bone in her body, by now should be mortified that she even thought that Santa Bill did the crime.

In once sense you are right. There is no evidence left to investigate as far as the "Intruder" goes. Because there was no intruder. Can't investigate something that does not exist.
After seeing (and listening to) the evidence, neither Henry Lee nor Barry Sheck thought there was a fileable case. I'll listen to them since their egos aren't tied up in finding the Ramseys guilty.

If it should ever turn out the Ramseys are proven innocent do you suppose assorted posters will be "mortified" because of their thoughts? After all McSanta had his own dirty little secrets and failed to mention a potentially relevant event or two.

tipper said:
After seeing (and listening to) the evidence, neither Henry Lee nor Barry Sheck thought there was a fileable case. I'll listen to them since their egos aren't tied up in finding the Ramseys guilty.

If it should ever turn out the Ramseys are proven innocent do you suppose assorted posters will be "mortified" because of their thoughts? After all McSanta had his own dirty little secrets and failed to mention a potentially relevant event or two.

I have said many times that if an "intruder" is found I would spend ten times the time and money apologizing to the Ramseys that I have spent speaking of their guilt.

I am not the least bit worried.

Lee and Barry were on the case years ago. A lot has happened since then. NONE of it going to prove the Ramsey's innocent.

Busy with my 'own' life last couple of days. Interesting thread here!

I am now wondering what Burke will be studying at Purdue? Anyone know that?
Could a course of study being not too 'tough' on the brain cells be 'cause' for admittance, along with a handsome donation to the college?

Will of course now trudge off to my local Walgreens and pick up a copy of the Globe.

I do not read or get involved with other forums, since my misadventure in presenting truth to someone who did not believe 'it'. I for one do appreciate the snippets brought forth for our reading enjoyment from OTHER forums. Thanks Tricia.

I don't think you were hard on Burke....a 2.88 is kind of low to get into Purdue. Maybe his SAT scores were high enough to compensate for his low gpa.

I guess Patsy's cancer has metastisized....what horrible experiences she's gone through since the death of JonBenet. Even so, my belief is that it was she who was responsible for her daughters death and it will never waiver.

This is my humble opinion only.

Wombat at FFJ: "RE: Burke - the article says he helped maintain the junior classes GPA of 2.88. Since he's going to Purdue, I'm guessing his actual GPA is in the high 3's. Good for him. Maybe he's going to be an engineer like Dad. " (emphasis mine)

That would be quite different from Burke having a 2.88. Does anyone have the article?

tipper said:

I will let the Ramseys set the tone there. If the Ramseys are proven innocent because a specific named intruder is ultimately found, I will express as much mortification towards the Ramseys as they express towards everyone they suspected who turned out not to be the ultimate named perpetrator. I feel no need to apologize to John or Patsy until such time as they first apologize to Janet McReynolds, or Chris Wolf, or Fleet and Priscilla White, or Judith Phillips, or the Helgoth family, or Gigax...

why_nutt said:
I will let the Ramseys set the tone there. If the Ramseys are proven innocent because a specific named intruder is ultimately found, I will express as much mortification towards the Ramseys as they express towards everyone they suspected who turned out not to be the ultimate named perpetrator. I feel no need to apologize to John or Patsy until such time as they first apologize to Janet McReynolds, or Chris Wolf, or Fleet and Priscilla White, or Judith Phillips, or the Helgoth family, or Gigax...
To each his own. If I ever have a family member become a victim of a crime wherein it appears the perpetrator had some inside knowledge; I will not hesitate to discuss with LE everyone I know as well as their quirks and foibles in the hope that something might trigger a useful bit of information. Those in a similar situation who chose to remain silent are more than welcome to.

A glimmer of hope.

According to Candy at Newsleuths Jim Kolar is the new Ramsey investigator (what an oxymoron. Ramsey investigator) in the D.A's office.

He is a big fan of Steve Thomas'.

"
"He's one hell of an investigator and a good cop," says Jim Kolar, now (police chief) in Telluride."

http://www.forstevethomas.com/supportletters.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back