1241 users online (208 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Mom applauds son's detention

The mother of a 12-year-old Boston boy jailed for packing a loaded pistol has one thing to say to the judge who set $250,000 cash bail: Thank you.

Juvenile Court Judge Paul Lewis is ``saying, listen, listen, listen to your mother,'' said the Haitian-born child's 32-year-old mom, her hands pressed together in prayer.

``He can be saved,'' she said of the boy, ``if he listens to me.''

The heartbroken mother, an aspiring nurse who spoke to the Herald on the condition her family not be identified by name, visited her son last night in a juvenile detention center.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=99547
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

the most difficult thing for a mother to do to her own child...no doubt..but a selfless act nonetheless..I hope this boy can use this an the only opportunity he may ever get to be on track..I wish them lots of healing.