1250 users online (230 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - William Klein plows into group of teens, killing 2, Ferndale, 10 June 2015

Just so sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2253958

<<snipped>>
    A Washington man has admitted to being high on drugs when he plowed his SUV into a group of high school students Wednesday afternoon, killing two teens and critically wounding two others, police said.

[....]

He's now facing two charges of vehicular assault and two charges of vehicular homicide. Due to an ongoing investigation police said they are not identifying the suspected drugs taken. Samples of his blood have been taken for a drug test, police said.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

William Klein Appears in Court

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...sday/71070432/

<<snipped>>
    Klein did admit to daily marijuana use, but it is not clear if he was high during the crash.

"I will admit to daily alcohol use myself because I like a glass of wine at night," said Klein's attorney Michael Brodsky. "That doesn't mean I was out drinking before I drove. I think it's important that message get out there."

[...]

Bail was set at $200,000, $50,000 less than what prosecutors had asked for.

Klein's 3-year-old son was in the car, but wasn't hurt. Klein's wife called the incident "a horrible mistake."

Blood tests aren't due back for at least a week. Until then, just a lot of excuses, IMO. I hope the two remaining victims mend quickly.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau